The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rovers v Wednesday Official thread

+11
LuckyGirl
Dan_the_Owl
The Wednesday
East Yorks Rover
Terrier2009
pkt_drfc
yorkie64red
Shem_Swfc
MR NEGATIVE
Dagenham Rover
hoolahoop
15 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Rovers  v Wednesday Official thread Empty Rovers v Wednesday Official thread

Post by hoolahoop Sun 6 Dec - 6:59:26

Please post on this thread rather than spreading comments about this game throughout the forum.......thanks
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Rovers  v Wednesday Official thread Empty Re: Rovers v Wednesday Official thread

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 6 Dec - 7:28:27

Doncaster Rovers 3 Brian Laws sacked bounce
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Rovers  v Wednesday Official thread Empty Re: Rovers v Wednesday Official thread

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sun 6 Dec - 7:30:51

Come on Rovers.
Lets give Laws the sack and then we will be laughing.

I cant wait for the game!!!
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 6 Dec - 7:32:46

Dagenham Rover wrote:Doncaster Rovers 3 Brian Laws sacked bounce

Got to agree Daggers that's the result I see on both accounts...........he's lost the dressing room by the looks of it!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Sun 6 Dec - 8:10:05

Changed my mind about going.

I don't see the point now.

Hopefully we will get a win, but as its Wednesday i doubt it.

4-0 Doncaster
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sun 6 Dec - 9:08:02

Shem dont you want to see a real professinal team that have real men kicking the football for once instead of watching little girls hold hands skipping whilst getting beat...

No seriously though Shem if i can get to watch Rovers then i will no matter what the situation,if i get the chance then i go and support my local team,even if we were playing crap i would still go if i could. Its the right thing to do if your a loyal supoporter.

Yes you are playing crap but your squad need you more than ever so instead of sitting there sulking about your results get yourself down there and show that your a loyal supporter.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Sun 6 Dec - 9:10:10

Our team can't even skip right. And thats good to hear Roversboy that your a loyal fan and i respect that, its just i am losing my Loyalty to Wednesday atm..

Untill laws goes i am never watching us again.
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sun 6 Dec - 9:17:16

Poor beggar. The Wednesday job's a poisoned chalice if ever there was one. I think he's done OK with the resource he's got. They keep wheeling in these margarine millionaires at Hillsborough who promise the earth then don't deliver, take their slice of the club and bugger off. He's done a pretty good job of managing the fans' expectations as well up until now. But as usual their whinging gets the better of them. The majority of Donny fans stuck by Sean as did the board, that's the difference. Never mind Brian. You'll always go down as OK in my book. You were courteous to move out of my seat when you came to have a butcher's at Rovers prior to the Wednesday game last season. Plus, you did belt that cocky Italian you had at Forest, was it? Corking shiner if I remember rightly. Anyway, if those Owls do give you the boot, I hope you get another job. The ingrates.

When you consider what resources he has i dont think hes done bad.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Sun 6 Dec - 9:23:51

neither do i tbh.

Its just the fact we are in the same place as we were 3 years ago. It just aint good enough. Id rarther have Howard Wilkinson or Sean Mcauley manager, Laws just dosen't know what he is doing.
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sun 6 Dec - 9:39:22

Shem none of you Sheffield clubs are worthy of being any higher then you are,when will you learn this.
You are where you belong.
Not many managers will be able to cope on the low resources you have and to be honest i think he is the best man for you at the moment...
You are now just as big as a club as Drfc.

Your expectations are way too high.
Both Sheffield clubs are a mid table team imo.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Sun 6 Dec - 9:41:14

Mid Table. That is Exactly why Laws should go. I agree we are a mid-table team, but why are we hovering outside relegation?
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 6 Dec - 10:29:23

Shem_Swfc wrote:Mid Table. That is Exactly why Laws should go. I agree we are a mid-table team, but why are we hovering outside relegation?

How long a contract has Laws got, can they afford the money to get Rid and who are they going to get who will do the Job on a Budget. personally i think he will be there for a while yet unless this mysterious investor comes in and pays him off.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 6 Dec - 10:31:17

Good film Bri
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 6 Dec - 10:36:35

pkt_drfc wrote:Good film Bri

Excellent Pete, went to see New Moon the effects were spot on, twilight maybe just had the edge but it was a very good film and would recommend it to anyone.. Rovers  v Wednesday Official thread Icon_biggrin
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Sun 6 Dec - 10:39:17

I would disagree Yorkie. I went to see New Moon and I would say it was loads better than Twilight. Think it's more interesting for a start and more happens imo. Very Happy

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 6 Dec - 10:39:33

oops best stop talking on this thread about films by the way did you see any donny or sheff wed shirts in the film lol!
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Sun 6 Dec - 10:39:54

Laughing pkt!!!

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 6 Dec - 10:44:07

Terrier2009 wrote:Rovers  v Wednesday Official thread Icon_lol pkt!!!

Its the Whisky talking, bless him.. Rovers  v Wednesday Official thread Icon_biggrin
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Sun 6 Dec - 10:45:19

Well if that's what it does to him I need some vodka lol!

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 6 Dec - 10:45:47

Well i don't want a bollocking anyway ive started a another thread
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sun 6 Dec - 20:33:36

[quote="Shem_Swfc"]Mid Table. That is Exactly why Laws should go. I agree we are a mid-table team, but why are we hovering outside relegation?[/quote

Maybe its because the players are kicking the football about only for people like you to boo them,its not good for there confidence and you need to get yourself to games and get behind the team and Laws then maybe just maybe you might win a few games.
Look at what 0 drisscol did for us when we were 24th on christmas day.
To be honest i think its wrong to sack him as i think he has more chance of keeping you up than any other manager you would get. End of the day your hardly a million miles away from midtable about 5 points i think,Laws is a good manager and he knows what hes doing. If it was up to me i would keep Laws as i do think you will finish midtable come may.

Besides am i right in thinking that he still has a couple of years left on his contract if im right doesnt that mean you have to pay him a decent fee to get him to go and can you afford to pay him a decent fee?
If so who are you going to bring in that has the experience to be a championship manager and more importantly can they cope with the low resources laws has?
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 6 Dec - 22:05:02

I can not wait for this game never have looked forward to such a game in ages if we can play our great passing football it should be a win aslong as we do not go into the game thinking it's going to be easy. The lads definitely need the 12th man on tuesday rather then it like being a morgue.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 6 Dec - 22:15:41

pkt_drfc wrote:I can not wait for this game never have looked forward to such a game in ages if we can play our great passing football it should be a win aslong as we do not go into the game thinking it's going to be easy. The lads definitely need the 12th man on tuesday rather then it like being a morgue.

Rovers  v Wednesday Official thread Icon_cheers Rovers  v Wednesday Official thread Icon_cheers Rovers  v Wednesday Official thread Icon_cheers Rovers  v Wednesday Official thread Icon_cheers Rovers  v Wednesday Official thread Icon_cheers Rovers  v Wednesday Official thread Icon_cheers Rovers  v Wednesday Official thread Icon_cheers Rovers  v Wednesday Official thread Icon_cheers Rovers  v Wednesday Official thread Icon_cheers Rovers  v Wednesday Official thread Icon_cheers Rovers  v Wednesday Official thread Icon_cheers

Think thats where we went wrong at Forest Pete, can't see that happening again, the Grunters are low on confidence, i see us playing the type of football we know we can play and they will not know what has hit them, a win is on the cards going into a busy christmas period, i see palace as the game where just like last year at forest we start getting the results we deserve and we will see us steadily climbing the table way from the bottom . Rovers  v Wednesday Official thread Icon_biggrin
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Mon 7 Dec - 0:46:02

What is more it might put the Wendies into the bottom three. Ipswich play Peterborough that night, if they win, and Scunny do the business today, which they might being at home, it puts Brian Laws in a very awkward position to say the least!
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 7 Dec - 2:15:41

Scunny have just won
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next