The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas Day

+5
Dale BFC
pkt_drfc
MR NEGATIVE
Terrier2009
yorkie64red
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Christmas Day Empty Christmas Day

Post by yorkie64red Mon 7 Dec - 3:25:25

So how does everyone spend the Great day itself once it is upon us and do you stick to a Traditional Christmas day.
For me its up early open all the presents then get ready for the drive to Halifax where my Brother lives and meet up with my Mother and sometimes my Sister, Dinner is Traditional and then its sit down in front of the telly watch the Queens Speach, usually leave Halifax around 7pm drop my mother and the Dog back off at Goole then head back to Thorne watch the Telly for an hour then walk down to the Inlaws where Vikkis dad gets me pissed every year, he buys a load of Lager in and makes sure i sup the lot, have a bite to eat there then back home around 1ish in the morning bit more telly then Bed. same every Year.. Christmas Day Icon_rolleyes Christmas Day Icon_santa
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Christmas Day Empty Re: Christmas Day

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 7 Dec - 4:06:39

For the last couple of years I have spent Christmas at my boyfriends. This year shall be the same. It tends to involve getting up about 9 and then opening the presents (youngest goes first - which is me lol) and then once all thats done my boyfriends mum sorts out some of the dinner. Then about 11 the grandparents arrive and we have a sherry before our massive Christmas dinner (I don't like it so my boyfriend ends up with 2!!). After dinner we watch a bit of tv usually involving the Queen's speech and everyone has a nap apart from my boyfriend. In the evening we have a buffet tea and the rest of the family comes round for a bit before we all go to bed. Lol.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Mon 7 Dec - 4:10:40

Wake up early in morning and open presents then have a play with my teddy bears whilst having a suck of my dummy,get my mommy to take my presents upstairs and i sit watching Lazy Town until nanna and Grandad come then i show them my new teddy-bears,then i eat my crimbo dinner and i have a bottle of milk before going out in the garden to play then its time tojump back into my cozy cot with my dummy.
Its been the same for the last 13 years. lol
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 7 Dec - 4:16:22

Terrier2009 wrote:For the last couple of years I have spent Christmas at my boyfriends. This year shall be the same. It tends to involve getting up about 9 and then opening the presents (youngest goes first - which is me lol) and then once all thats done my boyfriends mum sorts out some of the dinner. Then about 11 the grandparents arrive and we have a sherry before our massive Christmas dinner (I don't like it so my boyfriend ends up with 2!!). After dinner we watch a bit of tv usually involving the Queen's speech and everyone has a nap apart from my boyfriend. In the evening we have a buffet tea and the rest of the family comes round for a bit before we all go to bed. Lol.

A bit of what.... Christmas Day Lol
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 7 Dec - 4:17:45

Laughing Yorkie. They all come round for a few hours and some of the buffet tea. Seems like a really long day although as least this year I won't have done a ten hour night shift first like a couple of years ago. I was blooming shattered that year. Very Happy

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 7 Dec - 4:17:53

roversboy4lyf wrote:Wake up early in morning and open presents then have a play with my teddy bears whilst having a suck of my dummy,get my mommy to take my presents upstairs and i sit watching Lazy Town until nanna and Grandad come then i show them my new teddy-bears,then i eat my crimbo dinner and i have a bottle of milk before going out in the garden to play then its time tojump back into my cozy cot with my dummy.
Its been the same for the last 13 years. lol

Oh that is sweet, hope you've been a good boy Jack or santa won't bring you anything.... Christmas Day Icon_biggrin
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 7 Dec - 4:18:51

Lol. I can see why Christmas loses the fun element if its like that all the time though Rovers. No wonder people don't get excited anymore.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 7 Dec - 4:19:59

Terrier2009 wrote:Christmas Day Icon_lol Yorkie. They all come round for a few hours and some of the buffet tea. Seems like a really long day although as least this year I won't have done a ten hour night shift first like a couple of years ago. I was blooming shattered that year. Christmas Day Icon_biggrin

Thank God for that... Christmas Day Icon_biggrin well at least i will be well rested, i break up on the 15th not long to go.... Christmas Day Icon_biggrin
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 7 Dec - 4:21:04

I'm supposed to break up on the 19th but seeing as I'm only in a couple of days a week it's not a problem. Can't believe you drive to Halifax every year, that's a trek and a half, I should know.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 7 Dec - 4:23:21

yorkie64red wrote:So how does everyone spend the Great day itself once it is upon us and do you stick to a Traditional Christmas day.
For me its up early open all the presents then get ready for the drive to Halifax where my Brother lives and meet up with my Mother and sometimes my Sister, Dinner is Traditional and then its sit down in front of the telly watch the Queens Speach, usually leave Halifax around 7pm drop my mother and the Dog back off at Goole then head back to Thorne watch the Telly for an hour then walk down to the Inlaws where Vikkis dad gets me pissed every year, he buys a load of Lager in and makes sure i sup the lot, have a bite to eat there then back home around 1ish in the morning bit more telly then Bed. same every Year.. Christmas Day Icon_rolleyes Christmas Day Icon_santa

You see Bri there you go again blaming other people
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 7 Dec - 4:25:39

Lol. We don't have the chance to get hammered. Unfortunately it's a no drinking household apart from the sherry and the odd glass of wine a couple of times a year. I think someone should spike my pop for me so I can get drunk lol.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 7 Dec - 4:26:04

Terrier2009 wrote:I'm supposed to break up on the 19th but seeing as I'm only in a couple of days a week it's not a problem. Can't believe you drive to Halifax every year, that's a trek and a half, I should know.

He has a Large House, not been morbid but i think until anything happens to my mother we will keep going, its more for her then us, we would be happy enough staying in Thorne, at least it gets me out of washing up, the trouble with Halifax is that all the streets and the houses look the same, thank god for the sat nav or i would still end up getting lost which i have done on Christmas morning more then once.. Christmas Day Icon_rolleyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 7 Dec - 4:29:34

Yeah Halifax is very like that. Everywhere looks the same to me too and I live there. I know what you mean about the family thing as well. I think we shall end up at my boyfriends every year too even when we have a place of our own I can't imagine her coming to us because of the grandparents coming round. Mind you like you said at least we don't have to do the washing up. I don't do it know it's always my boyfriend and his brother normally. Think the dishwasher might be used this year though lol!

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 7 Dec - 4:35:26

you see how Bri is avoiding my reply lol!
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 7 Dec - 4:36:17

Terrier2009 wrote:Yeah Halifax is very like that. Everywhere looks the same to me too and I live there. I know what you mean about the family thing as well. I think we shall end up at my boyfriends every year too even when we have a place of our own I can't imagine her coming to us because of the grandparents coming round. Mind you like you said at least we don't have to do the washing up. I don't do it know it's always my boyfriend and his brother normally. Think the dishwasher might be used this year though Christmas Day Lol

Oh i think i will give Vikki the day off since its Christmas, my mother can do it... Christmas Day Icon_biggrin Christmas Day Icon_biggrin Christmas Day Icon_biggrin
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 7 Dec - 4:37:06

Lol now that's amusing. And pkt I think you may be right!!! He still has yet to answer! Wink

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Mon 7 Dec - 4:37:20

yorkie64red wrote:

A bit of what.... Christmas Day Lol

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! Nice1 Yorkie
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Mon 7 Dec - 4:44:34

yorkie64red wrote:

Oh that is sweet, hope you've been a good boy Jack or santa won't bring you anything.... Christmas Day Icon_biggrin

I know,fingers crossed. lol
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 7 Dec - 4:45:25

pkt_drfc wrote:you see how Bri is avoiding my reply Christmas Day Lol

Just seen it Pete, and yes its not only you who gets me in a state , but with Vikkis dad at least its only once a year, do you go the the Brook arms on New years eve, whats it like,were thinking of giving it a go.. Christmas Day Icon_smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 7 Dec - 4:46:46

Don't know ill know nearer the time gotta to check what family are doing
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 7 Dec - 4:47:13

Any excuse Yorkie Wink

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Mon 7 Dec - 5:39:03

Hate to admit it but Bri's right, my dad does get him drunk. Dad buys a load of lager and because he doesn't drink it himself, expects Bri to drink it. Often Dad's forcing a can or two onto him 'for the walk home' lol!

And yes, we've spent a few Christmas mornings lost in Halifax, looking for someone to ask directions
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 7 Dec - 5:40:23

Lol that sounds like a good Christmas then, with a long wal home by the sounds of the drinks needed for it!!!! There is hardly anyone around in Halifax at normal times so I can imagine how hard it is to find someone out on Christmas morning. Very Happy

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 7 Dec - 5:42:01

Terrier2009 wrote:Lol that sounds like a good Christmas then, with a long wal home by the sounds of the drinks needed for it!!!! There is hardly anyone around in Halifax at normal times so I can imagine how hard it is to find someone out on Christmas morning. Christmas Day Icon_biggrin

the only ones we found could not speak English... Christmas Day Icon_rolleyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 7 Dec - 5:42:27

Now that definitely sounds like Halifax to me lol!

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next