The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas Day

+5
Dale BFC
pkt_drfc
MR NEGATIVE
Terrier2009
yorkie64red
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Christmas Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Christmas Day

Post by thornabyred Mon 7 Dec - 6:34:58

Normally up normal time about half 6 to seven. Cook breakfast and prep the dinner.
9 am walk down to the cemetery to lay wreaths on wifes parents grave then back home. Half hour digging in the garden and pick a rose for the dinner table(old custome I have been doing for years. Have dinner about 1 then off to wifes family for tea about 4. Back home about 8 and wind down ready for Boxing Day footie.
thornabyred
thornabyred

http://www.thornaby.org.uk,

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 7 Dec - 6:36:34

get up throw up spend 3 hours looking at a cup of tea
eat my gloryfied sunday dinner and sit there board shit less wathing a load of shite on tv waiting for boxin day and pne away
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 7 Dec - 6:50:21

I take it you are not overly excited about Christmas then Nightmare. Sounds like your Christmas is quite calm Thornaby, rather different from most of us.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by thornabyred Mon 7 Dec - 6:52:56

Dont make a big deal of it nowadays, and even less of New Year.
I always like to have a little dig in the garden on New Years morning, superstition about letting the first foot into the ground.
thornabyred
thornabyred

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 7 Dec - 6:55:15

thornabyred wrote:Dont make a big deal of it nowadays, and even less of New Year.
I always like to have a little dig in the garden on New Years morning, superstition about letting the first foot into the ground.

God i struggle to get in the Garden full stop, never mind Christmas day... Christmas Day - Page 2 Lol
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 7 Dec - 6:55:27

I normally spend New Years Eve morning, hiding from anything that is bright or that makes a noise lol!

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Mon 7 Dec - 7:02:49

thornabyred wrote:Normally up normal time about half 6 to seven. Cook breakfast and prep the dinner.
9 am walk down to the cemetery to lay wreaths on wifes parents grave then back home. Half hour digging in the garden and pick a rose for the dinner table(old custome I have been doing for years. Have dinner about 1 then off to wifes family for tea about 4. Back home about 8 and wind down ready for Boxing Day footie.

Do you have a full English?

I ask this because we always have our family round for a Christmas breakfast (full English) but when I tell other people this they look at me funny. Would be nice if someone else did a Christmas breakfast.

Anyway, we've had variations in recent years, but the most common tradition is my dad cooking a full English breakfast for about 9. My Auntie, Uncle, Cousin, Grandma, Brother and his Girlfriend come to ours for this breakfast. When I was younger we got up really early to open all the presents, but I think we'll be leaving presents until after breakast.

Then about 4ish, we go round to my Auntie's house for Christmas dinner. We usually stay there until late playing games and stuff.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 7 Dec - 7:03:58

I always want a full english but it never happens. One of my friends does it though so you're not the only one.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Mon 7 Dec - 7:04:41

You should come to ours Very Happy
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 7 Dec - 7:05:16

Lol. Think I might have to suggest it over the next few years and see if it gets me anywhere Laughing

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by thornabyred Mon 7 Dec - 7:45:26

Only day of the year for a full english.
Eggs, bacon, sausages, mushrooms, beans, fried toms,black pudding and fried bread.
Have it about 8 am then a walk and make space for turkey etc.
thornabyred
thornabyred

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 7 Dec - 7:47:13

Now that sounds so good to me....... I want to go to someones for the full english Sad

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 7 Dec - 7:49:20

Terrier2009 wrote:Now that sounds so good to me....... I want to go to someones for the full english Christmas Day - Page 2 Icon_sad

Well i'm sure there are plenty of places open in Halifax on Christmas day, not sure they serve English Breakfasts though Christmas Day - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 7 Dec - 7:50:28

No I might have more luck buying a bar of chocolate!!! I'm going to be in Brighouse as well which means I have even less chance of getting the bar of chocolate never mind the full english!! lol!

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 7 Dec - 7:53:04

Terrier2009 wrote:No I might have more luck buying a bar of chocolate!!! I'm going to be in Brighouse as well which means I have even less chance of getting the bar of chocolate never mind the full english!! Christmas Day - Page 2 Lol

I used to like Brighouse, been a long time since i was last there, were going there in the newyear to some club to listen to some singer, can't remember who, Vikki talked me into it, all i do know is it ain't westlife thank god.. Christmas Day - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 7 Dec - 7:55:08

You'll have to let me know when and I'll meet up lol. It definitely won't be Westlife - I doubt they've even heard of the place Laughing

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 7 Dec - 7:59:32

Terrier2009 wrote:You'll have to let me know when and I'll meet up lol. It definitely won't be Westlife - I doubt they've even heard of the place Christmas Day - Page 2 Icon_lol

Christmas Day - Page 2 Lol Christmas Day - Page 2 Lol Christmas Day - Page 2 Lol i'll find out when it is.. Christmas Day - Page 2 Icon_bounce
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 7 Dec - 8:00:14

Ok then. I'm in Brighouse most evenings.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 7 Dec - 8:02:44

Terrier2009 wrote:Ok then. I'm in Brighouse most evenings.

So you live in Halifax, spend your nights in Brighouse and support Huddersfield,,you certainly like west Yorkshire, now when do you do Leeds Bradford and Wakefield Christmas Day - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 7 Dec - 8:03:49

Well I do Bradford a couple of days a week as that's where I go to uni and I like to go shopping in Leeds. Not remotely bothered about Wakefield though, you can have that one lol!

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 7 Dec - 8:05:23

Terrier2009 wrote:Well I do Bradford a couple of days a week as that's where I go to uni and I like to go shopping in Leeds. Not remotely bothered about Wakefield though, you can have that one Christmas Day - Page 2 Lol

Knottingley, Pontefract Dewsbury Cleckheaton how about those.... Christmas Day - Page 2 Icon_cool
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 7 Dec - 8:06:07

You can have them as well!! Not overly fussed about them. Laughing

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 7 Dec - 8:07:20

Well it will just be taken as a normal day for me as it will be the first christmas witout my dad so do not really want to celerbrate it this year which is why aswell i do not know about the brooke arms on new year
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 7 Dec - 8:08:06

I am sorry pkt.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 7 Dec - 8:08:41

To be honest i think i would leave Dewsbury alone as well.. Christmas Day - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next