The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnley job - again!

+7
Dan_the_Owl
East Yorks Rover
yorkie64red
hoolahoop
LuckyGirl
pkt_drfc
VixDRFC
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Burnley job - again! Empty Burnley job - again!

Post by VixDRFC Wed 13 Jan - 9:12:56

Its just been on SSN that they understand Brian Laws will be next Burnley manager as Burnley and Doncaster have been unable to agree compensation

Not sure how good that is to be honest with you!
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Burnley job - again! Empty Re: Burnley job - again!

Post by VixDRFC Wed 13 Jan - 9:23:23

OK you lot Wink I post the first bit of decent news/rumour and you've all buggered off

And you want people to post Wink lol!
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 13 Jan - 9:25:41

Vik i hope this is true if
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyGirl Wed 13 Jan - 9:29:26

Thanks Vik. At least it's something positive for now.

It's not this particular event so much as the position it would leave the club in - no manager - no transfers. That's assuming there might be some moves possible.

LuckyGirl
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Wed 13 Jan - 9:33:57

I hope its true - seems a bit of a circus really but its still on SSN

Maybe I should have posted under Bri's name to get his post count up Wink
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 13 Jan - 9:41:04

LuckyGirl wrote:Thanks Vik. At least it's something positive for now.

It's not this particular event so much as the position it would leave the club in - no manager - no transfers. That's assuming there might be some moves possible.

Strange that it was supposed to be 'cut and dried' this morning according to one involved in the matter, I still think this is a smokescreen and it will be resolved ( presumably the compo ) tomorrow. Could it be perhaps that SO'D & RO'K have had a change of heart/mind instead, it would certainly be a fantastic opportunity for both of them. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I won't sleep tonight.................
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 13 Jan - 9:53:31

Well if it is becauce compensation could not be agreed could this be the worst of all scenario's, how will this unsettle Sod he may never be the same manager again and if he has had his head turned by this it will probably only be a matter of time before he goes anyway.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 13 Jan - 9:58:07

Yes Bri that is a worry but their is still a chance he could have turned them down. Don't think it will effect his performance or no other club will want him if he does not care and we start losing every game he will not be as appealing
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 13 Jan - 10:02:20

pkt_drfc wrote:Yes Bri that is a worry but their is still a chance he could have turned them down. Don't think it will effect his performance or no other club will want him if he does not care and we start losing every game he will not be as appealing

I don't think it will stop him been a good manager but this episode has certainly brought his name to the attention of clubs and that he is not averse to a move, how much longer he will be manager of Rovers i'm not sure.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 13 Jan - 10:05:11

He needs 90 mins of his name being chanted on sat if this is the end of the saga
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 13 Jan - 10:07:48

pkt_drfc wrote:He needs 90 mins of his name being chanted on sat if this is the end of the saga

Oh i think he will be guarnateed that, lets hope the Donny public turn out in numbers to show their appreciation. Burnley job - again! Icon_wink
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Wed 13 Jan - 10:13:39

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! Better than winning a cup final! I just hope it hasn't disappointed SOD too much, I wouldn't like to think he had been forced to stay.
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 13 Jan - 10:15:36

East Yorks Rover wrote:YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! Better than winning a cup final! I just hope it hasn't disappointed SOD too much, I wouldn't like to think he had been forced to stay.

Thats what i hope as well Will, because that would be the worst of all scenarios in my opinion..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyGirl Wed 13 Jan - 10:21:12

A pretty good present for me. Thank you Sean.

LuckyGirl
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 13 Jan - 10:42:56

It still annoys me that our club have not even bothered to put sweet F.A on dros about this i could do a better job
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 13 Jan - 10:43:57

LuckyGirl wrote:A pretty good present for me. Thank you Sean.

Have I missed something ?? Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Shocked Shocked
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 13 Jan - 10:47:26

hoolahoop wrote:

Have I missed something ?? Burnley job - again! Icon_exclaim Burnley job - again! Icon_exclaim Burnley job - again! Icon_exclaim Burnley job - again! Icon_exclaim Burnley job - again! Icon_eek Burnley job - again! Icon_eek

Lucky is just happy that Sean is staying and its her Birthday tommorow, what more could she ask for.. Burnley job - again! Icon_wink
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 13 Jan - 10:51:06

yorkie64red wrote:

Lucky is just happy that Sean is staying and its her Birthday tommorow, what more could she ask for.. Burnley job - again! Icon_wink

Has he deffo turned them down, has he said that, have either of the clubs said that , where ?? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 13 Jan - 10:54:12

hoolahoop wrote:

Has he deffo turned them down, has he said that, have either of the clubs said that , where ?? Burnley job - again! Icon_biggrin Burnley job - again! Icon_biggrin Burnley job - again! Icon_biggrin

Well Sky Sports are reporting that Laws has been offered the job, but tommorow will make everything clear.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 13 Jan - 10:55:53

hoolahoop wrote:

Has he deffo turned them down, has he said that, have either of the clubs said that , where ?? Burnley job - again! Icon_biggrin Burnley job - again! Icon_biggrin Burnley job - again! Icon_biggrin

If that is what has happened i would be delighted but somehow i think it is more to do with the fee that Burnley would have to pay out, which if true is not the best of scenarios.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Wed 13 Jan - 12:00:43

I am in complete disbelief. Brian fooking Laws! You couldn't make this up! Shocked
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Wed 13 Jan - 14:39:12

He'll do a good job there aswell
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Wed 13 Jan - 18:33:52

Someone posted on one of the boards yesterday afternoon that the players had been told yesterday dinnertime ish that SOD would be back today in charge, and that it was a more a case of him turning them down.
Don't suppose we'll ever know the real truth behind it
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 13 Jan - 19:26:44

Dagenham Rover wrote:Someone posted on one of the boards yesterday afternoon that the players had been told yesterday dinnertime ish that SOD would be back today in charge, and that it was a more a case of him turning them down.
Don't suppose we'll ever know the real truth behind it

That wouldn't surprise me as my source said in the morning that Rovers were resigned to lose him. I don't think that the amount of compensation would have put Burnley off if they wanted him and Ithink they did ; as usual SO'D surprises everybody perhaps there is a lot more 'steel' behind the 'hero'than we give him credit for.
We are the winners and Burnley will regret his decision, as said before.......' Brian fookin Laws are they mad '? However he has now been spotlighted and we can expect other approaches as teams above us or bigger than us start to sack their managers.
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile cheers sunny

Btw Happy B irthday to my friend LuckyGirl........what a present for you eh ? Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyGirl Wed 13 Jan - 19:28:35

Cheers Hoola.

Could it be the start of a good day?

Here's hoping.

LuckyGirl
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next