The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best route to Burnley by car?

+2
yorkie64red
Filo
6 posters

Go down

Best route to Burnley by car? Empty Best route to Burnley by car?

Post by Filo Mon 26 Dec - 5:54:46

Any suggestions? Google maps suggests going Via Halifax and Hebdon Bridge, anyone with knowledge of that area know if that road is a busy road?

Filo
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Best route to Burnley by car? Empty Re: Best route to Burnley by car?

Post by yorkie64red Mon 26 Dec - 5:57:32

Have been to Halifax today and just to remind people there are at least 2 lots of roadworks on the M62 upto halifax with 50 mile restrictions and the usual speed cameras in place..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by keepmoatman Mon 26 Dec - 6:15:14

no idea where i,m going by car , hoping to tag onto back of a coach , dunno where turf moor is but im told its a bit of a mare to get to scratch
keepmoatman
keepmoatman
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Filo Mon 26 Dec - 6:22:17

keepmoatman wrote:no idea where i,m going by car , hoping to tag onto back of a coach , dunno where turf moor is but im told its a bit of a mare to get to scratch

It looks pretty easy enough to get to on google maps M62 junction 26 then A58 through Halifax to Hebdon Bridge and then Todmorden, Todmorden is about 8 Miles from Turf Moor and its one road straight in, when you get to the first buildings in Burnley it`s just over a mile to Turf Moor according to google maps

Filo
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 26 Dec - 6:27:03

Filo wrote:

It looks pretty easy enough to get to on google maps M62 junction 26 then A58 through Halifax to Hebdon Bridge and then Todmorden, Todmorden is about 8 Miles from Turf Moor and its one road straight in, when you get to the first buildings in Burnley it`s just over a mile to Turf Moor according to google maps

i saw the signposts in Halifax ..well signposted..shouldn't be too difficult..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by keepmoatman Mon 26 Dec - 7:59:16

cheers chaps will go m62 junc26 etc , didnt plan on going this match but sod it im off just want to ask an im sorry if already mentioned but is it pay at gate ? Smile
keepmoatman
keepmoatman
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Filo Mon 26 Dec - 8:06:58

It`s pay on the day for adults only, apparently

Filo
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Mon 26 Dec - 8:27:10

Nah i think it's pay on day for concessions too Filo,only difference is that you pay for adults tickets on the gate and concessions are only available from the Burnley ticket office.

I'm off on the Keepmoat 11:30 coach,anyone else on this?
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 26 Dec - 19:10:19

Filo wrote:It`s pay on the day for adults only, apparently

Thats buggered hoola up then... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Filo Mon 26 Dec - 21:22:14

A bit of Brekkie and then a drive over the hills at 11am, here`s hoping we bring the 3 points back with us!

First away trip this season, do I qualify as loyal now? Smile

Filo
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by keepmoatman Mon 26 Dec - 21:42:30

setting off at 11.30, got sat nav so should be ok . never done this one , am told 2 wear 2 pairs boxers splinters in bums off seats lol
gonna be well peed if it isnt pay on gate No
turkey sarnies packed Smile
heres to 3 more points
come on you reds santa
2-3 my pred
keepmoatman
keepmoatman
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnievic Mon 26 Dec - 21:56:34

it is pay on gate for adults defo,kids have to go to the ticket office which is just further down road from away entrance.As for going its about 20 miles shorter going halifax/todmarden way and you can see ground as you come down from the hills,motorway way you have to go through town centre.
donnievic
donnievic
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by keepmoatman Tue 27 Dec - 7:00:48

what a nightmare of a place that is to get to Mad
keepmoatman
keepmoatman
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Filo Tue 27 Dec - 7:12:48

keepmoatman wrote:what a nightmare of a place that is to get to Mad

It took an hour do do the 20 odd miles back to the Motorway from Burnley and 25 minutes to do the other 40 odd miles on the Motorway!

Filo
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by keepmoatman Tue 27 Dec - 8:02:19

Filo wrote:

It took an hour do do the 20 odd miles back to the Motorway from Burnley and 25 minutes to do the other 40 odd miles on the Motorway!

True . An a bugger to get past all the coaches through the roadworks on the m62 (narrow lanes) not a moan like as they were all rovers fans Laughing
keepmoatman
keepmoatman
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Filo Tue 27 Dec - 8:12:25

keepmoatman wrote:

True . An a bugger to get past all the coaches through the roadworks on the m62 (narrow lanes) not a moan like as they were all rovers fans Laughing

I must have beat all the coaches, I never saw one, I was back home in Stainy for 6-40pm!

Filo
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Tue 27 Dec - 8:15:37

Filo wrote:

I must have beat all the coaches, I never saw one, I was back home in Stainy for 6-40pm!

You were just going as fast as possible so them ANPR cameras couldn't get you Smile
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down