The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

memories of your first away game?

+5
Dan_the_Owl
Shem_Swfc
NIGHTMARE
The Wednesday
MattyDRFC
9 posters

Go down

memories of your first away game? Empty memories of your first away game?

Post by MattyDRFC Tue 29 Sep - 21:50:14

Do you have great memories of your first away game? Mine was was Scarboro IN THE 1994/95 season.We drew 2-2 and David roach scored both of the goals.I was only six years old,but I remember the game well
MattyDRFC
MattyDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

memories of your first away game? Empty Re: memories of your first away game?

Post by The Wednesday Tue 29 Sep - 23:47:01

I can only vaguely remember my first away game. I was visiting family in Watford and my Mum (who supports United) and my Dad (who supports Watford) took me and my Brother (who supports Wednesday) to the Watford v Wednesday game.

I must have been really young because I can't remember the score, or anything of the actual match, I just remember singing 'Barmy Army'.

I don't even know if we were in Waford for the match, to visit family, or both.

I remember almost as little about my second away match. It was at Bramall Lane, the second season after we were relegated from The Premiership, I was with my Grandma and Brother, and we were sat on the upper tier in the middle of (then) the away stand. I can't remember the result but I think we drew.

I think the third away match I went to was also at Bramall Lane and we lost 3-1. Alan Quinn put us 1-0 up almost straight after the second half began, Michael Brown scored a brilliant volley to either make it 1-1 or 2-1, and Wayne Allison scored a simple tap-in to make it 3-1. I was sat on the front row to the right of the goal of you're looking at it.

That was a nice trip down memory lane...
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Wed 30 Sep - 3:06:28

i Can't remember any thing about the first away game i went to as i was only about 8 my Granddad took me and it was against stoke that's all i know

but i can remember the first away game i went to on my own i was 16 by then .

the one thing i remember most is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVcIR6ftJuk

and i'll never forget
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Wed 30 Sep - 3:56:01

Mine was the Wednesday Doncaster game back in 2004, All i can remember is the Jingle bells chant when we were 4-0 up, because Macca got a hat-trick.... Very Happy
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyDRFC Wed 30 Sep - 10:21:44

Shem_Swfc wrote:Mine was the Wednesday Doncaster game back in 2004, All i can remember is the Jingle bells chant when we were 4-0 up, because Macca got a hat-trick.... Very Happy

Don't remind me that was like Nightmare before Christmas for me Sad
MattyDRFC
MattyDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Wed 30 Sep - 22:18:18

The Wednesday wrote:I must have been really young because I can't remember the score, or anything of the actual match, I just remember singing 'Barmy Army'.

I've had many nights like that, not because of my age though. Laughing

Will you be going to Watford again at the end of this month?
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Wed 30 Sep - 22:53:11

Dan_the_Owl wrote:
The Wednesday wrote:I must have been really young because I can't remember the score, or anything of the actual match, I just remember singing 'Barmy Army'.

I've had many nights like that, not because of my age though. Laughing

Will you be going to Watford again at the end of this month?

Very Happy

Nah, I don't get to many away matches anymore, no-one to go with Crying or Very sad

You going? How was the palace game?
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Wed 30 Sep - 23:40:07

The Wednesday wrote:You going? How was the palace game?

Yeah, I'm heading down to Watford on the 23rd, making a weekend of it in London too, should be good.

Good trip to Palace, was staying at my mate's, and he knows his way around, so no problems getting there. About a thousand Wednesdayites at Selhurst last night, in good voice as ever. Cool

By the way, if you're ever looking for a fellow Owl to have a pint with or whatever before an away game, let me know.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Thu 1 Oct - 5:52:05

Dan_the_Owl wrote:
Good trip to Palace, was staying at my mate's, and he knows his way around, so no problems getting there. About a thousand Wednesdayites at Selhurst last night, in good voice as ever. Cool

By the way, if you're ever looking for a fellow Owl to have a pint with or whatever before an away game, let me know.

Yeah I saw on the OS that we'd taken over 1000, awesome for a tuesday night in London.

Cheers for the offer, and i'd take you up on it but i'm 17 and female, so it would be rather odd Razz bounce
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Thu 1 Oct - 6:03:30

The Wednesday wrote:Yeah I saw on the OS that we'd taken over 1000, awesome for a tuesday night in London.

Cheers for the offer, and i'd take you up on it but i'm 17 and female, so it would be rather odd Razz bounce

Cracking atmosphere with the travelling support last night, as ever.

No problem, glad you mentioned that though! My girlfriend probably wouldn't be best pleased. Laughing
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 5 Oct - 8:43:09

The Wednesday wrote:
Dan_the_Owl wrote:

Yeah I saw on the OS that we'd taken over 1000, awesome for a tuesday night in London.

Jeez a 1000 that's like 1' 1000''s, you truly are a massive club aren't you !
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Mon 5 Oct - 8:49:03

hoolahoop wrote:
The Wednesday wrote:
Dan_the_Owl wrote:

Jeez a 1000 that's like 1' 1000''s, you truly are a massive club aren't you !

Jog on. Wink
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by thornabyred Tue 6 Oct - 6:33:51

1960`s FA cup games Boro V hull, 2nd replay at York and 3 rd replay at Newcastle.
Out of school to get told we were going to the games. First home game was about 1964 in cup as well. Hooked ever since.
thornabyred
thornabyred

http://www.thornaby.org.uk,

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ellandback Mon 10 May - 7:47:07

We didn't go to our 1st away game until we were about 16 (1978), as following Leeds away could be a dangerous business in the 70's.

Pretty sure it was at the old Baseball Ground. God knows how many Leeds fans we took there, but it must have been 4000 +.

We won 1-0 and John Hawley got the winner. cheers
2ellandback
2ellandback
Leeds Utd Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Mon 10 May - 7:55:29

Carlisle away 08/09 season got off the train to be greeted by about 50 coppers with dogs and cameras, had to give the bastards me name and adress and "stare directly in to the camera"

Then a walk to the ground with about 500 Leeds who thought itd be a laugh to sit down in the middle of the road singing "sit down if you hate man.u" typically a scum fan walks past a few miniutes later

Anyway 2-0 win Becchio and Beckford memories of your first away game? Icon_cheers
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down