The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Memories of Millmoor

+5
yorkie64red
Shem_Swfc
RedNinja
hoolahoop
bradthemiller
9 posters

Go down

Memories of Millmoor Empty Memories of Millmoor

Post by bradthemiller Fri 25 Dec - 3:06:31

I miss the old place. Have any fans got their own memories of the "stadium of shyte" as we affectionally named it?
Memories of Millmoor 28h3q8p
Memories of Millmoor 23sghag
images shown from the away end v Wycombe Wanderers 2007/08 season. Laughing
bradthemiller
bradthemiller

Back to top Go down

Memories of Millmoor Empty Re: Memories of Millmoor

Post by hoolahoop Fri 25 Dec - 7:04:03

bradthemiller wrote:I miss the old place. Have any fans got their own memories of the "stadium of shyte" as we affectionally named it?
Memories of Millmoor 28h3q8p
Memories of Millmoor 23sghag
images shown from the away end v Wycombe Wanderers 2007/08 season. Laughing

Hmmmmm let me think Brad, I know it's the season of goodwill but the answer has to be..............NO sorry fella.
Good luck with your new ground btw, please keep us updated , you certainly deserve one with all the shite your fans have had to put up with. Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Fri 25 Dec - 8:04:21

I have memories of going to the Don Valley Stadium in the pre-season last season..
Can't even describe how much I was fuming after that game.. Rotherham won 1-0.

I, unfortunately don't have any memories of going to Millmoor, which is a shame really. Sad
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Fri 25 Dec - 8:08:08

I have a just one, Last season's early exit from the cup was against Rotherham, Esajas scored a free kick to level us up i think... Pretty crap stadium it was, but it had character... and i hope your new stadium dosen't follow Donnys Cookie Cutter stadium. Very Happy
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 25 Dec - 8:20:46

Shem_Swfc wrote:I have a just one, Last season's early exit from the cup was against Rotherham, Esajas scored a free kick to level us up i think... Pretty crap stadium it was, but it had character... and i hope your new stadium dosen't follow Donnys Cookie Cutter stadium. Memories of Millmoor Icon_biggrin

Cheeky Bugger, theres nowt wrong with the Keepmoat, and can't see Rotherhams new ground been any better, never went to Millmoor but all i can say it can't have been any worse then the Don Valley, have been there a couple of times and i do feel for the fans who have to watch football there especially in this weather i have never been as cold as i was at the DVS.. Memories of Millmoor Kopfschuettel Memories of Millmoor Icon_santa
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Sat 26 Dec - 0:09:13

Been past Millmoor so many times, but never went to a game there. It can't possibly have been worse than watching football at the Don Valley. It always looked typical of a lower league ground to me...at bit crap, but probably a good atmosphere on its day.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 26 Dec - 19:46:24

It's the worst ground ive ever been to by miles and i've been to a fair few grounds in my time
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsleytilidie Sun 27 Dec - 0:48:57

I agree with that m8..always hated it...that ginnel you had to go down was shite...no wonder loads always went in the away end?...It always used to erupt 10 minutes into the game when they all cheered? Smile
Barnsleytilidie
Barnsleytilidie
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 27 Dec - 8:37:54

Barnsleytilidie wrote:I agree with that m8..always hated it...that ginnel you had to go down was shite...no wonder loads always went in the away end?...It always used to erupt 10 minutes into the game when they all cheered? Smile

Seems the case is closed and the jury have returned their verdict...................it was shite but I understand it was your shite. Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by thefullback Sun 28 Nov - 3:42:30

Memories go back to 67/68 season played a night match and won 3-0 after a 1-1 draw at Boothferry Park.
thefullback
thefullback
Pride Of Yorkshire

Location : Village east of HULL (and getting nearer the sea every year)

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 29 Nov - 7:51:43

Way too many scraps down that ginnel in my time too. Horrible place in every way, I was glad to see the back of it..............UGH !
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down