The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best & Worst FA Cup memories as a fan of your club!!

+5
NIGHTMARE
Terrier2009
RedNinja
The Wednesday
bradthemiller
9 posters

Go down

Best & Worst FA Cup memories as a fan of your club!! Empty Best & Worst FA Cup memories as a fan of your club!!

Post by bradthemiller Fri 6 Nov - 5:24:13

Best; Our last victory in the competition actually, beating then Premiership side Southampton 2-1 on a Monday night live on Sky at Millmoor in 2002 (we've lost in the first round EVERY year since then)!!!

Worst; Norman Hunters last game as Millers boss, November 1987, when we got hammered 4-0 at then non league Macclesfield.

Intereted in other clubs fortunes. Rolling Eyes
bradthemiller
bradthemiller

Back to top Go down

Best & Worst FA Cup memories as a fan of your club!! Empty Re: Best & Worst FA Cup memories as a fan of your club!!

Post by The Wednesday Fri 6 Nov - 5:30:15

Tough one.

I can't recall any really good FA cup ties because we always go out in the 3rd (or 1st) round, and because we always go out in the 3rd (or 1st) round none of them stand out as particularly bad.

Drawing 1-1 to Man City a few years ago was nice, although we lost in the replay.

Hopefully Shem or Dan will remind me of some good and bad games.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Best & Worst FA Cup memories as a fan of your club!! Empty Re: Best & Worst FA Cup memories as a fan of your club!!

Post by RedNinja Fri 6 Nov - 5:57:55

Well the only FA Cup memories I have were 2 years ago..

We had a great FA Cup experiance, beating Liverpool and Chelsea then making it to Wembley, I wasn't bothered about the result on the day because we did brilliantly to get there in the first place. Going all the way back home after losing to Cardiff was an experiance I NEVER want to repeat again, all of us were so depressed that day, to think we should have beaten them as well! If we'd have had any better striker on that one chance at goal... Makes me wonder whether we could have actually won it!

The only real FA Cup memories I have are the days in the 2007/08 season, unless of course I buy myself a time machine and travel all the way back to 1912, between 1912 and 2007 we quite honestly, had no luck in the FA Cup. Sad
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Fri 6 Nov - 6:45:15

We've done quite well drawing Chelsea in the last few years and there is always a massive buzz when that happens but there aren't really any wins or losses that stand out in my mind although my boyfriend could probably think of loads lol.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Fri 6 Nov - 9:22:18

worst 1995 fa cup 4th round reply away at Oldham Gunnar Halle took a dive 18 yards out with no one near him the ref gave a penalty and we lost 1-0 on a freezing Tuesday night .

Best Liverpool away in 5th round the other year
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Fri 6 Nov - 21:34:06

loads of nightmares for Boro fans regarding FA Cup

being knocked our in quarter finals by Wolves in the 80's. A game that started the demise of one of the best squads Boro ever had.

Getting beat by Chelsea in a season that saw us at two final and get relegated. Also conceded the fastest goal ever in a cup final.

A couple of seasons ago getting beat by Cardiff at home when it looked odds on that we would get to the final after all the top teams had been knocked out. Cardiff eventually losing to Portsmouth in the Final.
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Sat 7 Nov - 11:15:49

The Wednesday wrote:Hopefully Shem or Dan will remind me of some good and bad games.

Like yourself, being a little young to properly remember everything about 1993 (I was only 9), all my cup memories are very similar to yours...incredibly mediocre! Wednesday certainly are long overdue even a half decent cup run. I'm even struggling to remember a decent FA Cup win since then. Of course I do somewhat remember beating the Blunts in the semi final, so that has to be the ultimate highlight. From a personal standpoint in recent years since I was there, our visit to the City of Manchester Stadium for a replay against Man City a few seasons back stands out. It was ace in terms of atmosphere, we were bouncing that night, playoffs aside don't remember many better nights for singing etc, but we were unlucky to lose, Lee Bullen heading our goal in a 2-1 defeat.

Obviously I wasn't at Wembley in 1966, but I would imagine for the Wednesdayites who were there, an FA Cup exit could scarcely be more painful.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Sun 8 Nov - 8:49:37

I don't know about the F.A Cup, but i remember when we reached the Semi Finals of the league cup back in 2002, but we lost 4-1 to Blackburn i think.
I guess you could say it was my fault Wednesday turned baba, seeing as it went downhill from 1995.
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by FevTyke Wed 11 Nov - 2:55:27

Best: Beating Chelsea at Oakwell.

Worst: Oddjob and his miss at Wembley.

My recollection of when he broke through on goal goes something like this:

Smile ... Very Happy ... Razz ... cheers ... affraid ... pale
FevTyke
FevTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down