The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Away ground you have ever been too ( and worst )

+10
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
yorkie64red
FevTyke
MattyDRFC
NIGHTMARE
The Wednesday
Dan_the_Owl
hoolahoop
mattiss1234
Shem_Swfc
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Best Away ground you have ever been too ( and worst ) Empty Best Away ground you have ever been too ( and worst )

Post by Shem_Swfc Tue 8 Sep - 5:46:43

Don't go to many...... I guess Old Trafford counts even though i can't remember it Very Happy

Anybody beat that??....

Last edited by Shem_Swfc on Tue 8 Sep - 5:53:02; edited 1 time in total
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Best Away ground you have ever been too ( and worst ) Empty Re: Best Away ground you have ever been too ( and worst )

Post by mattiss1234 Tue 8 Sep - 5:48:25

Shem_Swfc wrote:Don't go to many...... I guess Old Trafford counts even though i can't remember it Very Happy

Anybody beat that??....
I cant beat that but i'd have to say Newcastle or Man City

More to the point which is the worst away grounds you've been to?

Oh Ive been to a few, Colchester, Bumhole Lane, god i cant think, ive been to loads, but cant remember where.
mattiss1234
mattiss1234
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Best Away ground you have ever been too ( and worst ) Empty Re: Best Away ground you have ever been too ( and worst )

Post by Shem_Swfc Tue 8 Sep - 5:50:33

mattiss1234 wrote:
Shem_Swfc wrote:Don't go to many...... I guess Old Trafford counts even though i can't remember it Very Happy

Anybody beat that??....

Oh Ive been to a few, Colchester, Bumhole Lane, god i cant think, ive been to loads, but cant remember where.

Belle Vue was shocking, but Keepfloat aint that characteristic Laughing Never been to Lane, but would like to go someday Very Happy
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by mattiss1234 Tue 8 Sep - 5:52:07

Shem_Swfc wrote:
mattiss1234 wrote:

Anybody beat that??....

Belle Vue was shocking, but Keepfloat aint that characteristic Laughing Never been to Lane, but would like to go someday Very Happy

You actually dont, you pay 30£ to get people chuck shit on you, but even with that, i always seem to go.
mattiss1234
mattiss1234
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 8 Sep - 6:51:24

Shem_Swfc wrote:
mattiss1234 wrote:

Anybody beat that??....

It'll come Shem , changes are already taking place at the KMS......is it too scenic for you perhaps ? New grounds take years before everybody finds out exactly where they want to be (prawn sarnie/singing) etc. It would have been the same at Swillsborough and Bumhole when those grounds were first developed. Personally thought the Owls were the quietest of the local rivals man to man that we have encountered over the last couple of years, why is that ? Question
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Tue 8 Sep - 6:53:44

Probably becuase you outplay us everytime Very Happy
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 8 Sep - 7:02:29

Shem_Swfc wrote:Probably becuase you outplay us everytime Very Happy
Good 'non-aggressive ' response Shem. We would prefer it to be better ourselves i.e. singing areas.........it will come the improvements are already there to be seen. Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by mattiss1234 Tue 8 Sep - 7:58:16

hoolahoop wrote:
Good 'non-aggressive ' response Shem. We would prefer it to be better ourselves i.e. singing areas.........it will come the improvements are already there to be seen. Laughing
No i thought Keepmoat was quite nice, right size for Donny, modern, but its a bastard walking from train station, and if your talking about us being quiet at home, everyone is really, but away we outsung you, even though its not hard, even how badly our performance was we still sang all way through as we do every away match.

Home match atmosphere is being seen to, in my opinion in the wrong way, by bringing a whole band in, although saying that it did improve it when they were brought in last year.
mattiss1234
mattiss1234
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 8 Sep - 8:53:11

mattiss1234 wrote:
hoolahoop wrote:
No i thought Keepmoat was quite nice, right size for Donny, modern, but its a bastard walking from train station, and if your talking about us being quiet at home, everyone is really, but away we outsung you, even though its not hard, even how badly our performance was we still sang all way through as we do every away match.

Home match atmosphere is being seen to, in my opinion in the wrong way, by bringing a whole band in, although saying that it did improve it when they were brought in last year.
Raised some good points there Shem, there can't be a supporter in the land who prefers 'home' games to ''away' days. Always you have your galvanised dedicated support compacted into one area. Outnumbered 10:1 and still you will always win as an away supporter. As for walking,Shem it's not that far Jeez, we nearly all walk from around the other side of the lake, from the racecourse or from town virtually every game. The walk allows you to get the pre-match feel doesn't it ? Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 8 Sep - 11:21:50

I don't think Newcastle will be beaten this season, good pub crawl beforehand, and a cracking atmosphere up in the heavens. Wouldn't want to climb all those stairs after a skinful every week mind you.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Wed 9 Sep - 0:48:51

For the result and the actual ground the worst has got to be Saltergate, the entire place is such a mess. To make matters worse, in the friendly the other season they tried to pack as many Wednesday fans in as possible, so I was stood at the back in the gangway and couldn't see anything.

The best ground is Old Trafford, even though I only went to watch the reserves. The best result would probably be Brentford in the play-off semi-final in 2005, that game overshadows Bramall Lane last season.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Wed 9 Sep - 1:01:17

The Wednesday wrote:The best result would probably be Brentford in the play-off semi-final in 2005, that game overshadows Bramall Lane last season.

One of my favourite nights following Wednesday, no question. bounce

I'm with you on Saltergate too, so bad I just pushed it from my mind I think. Complete dump.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Wed 9 Sep - 6:20:19

Been to some right shit holes in my time Old Rotherham Oxford and Bolton grounds the ones still going i would say Luton is the worst followed closely by QPR

Best ones are Derby Sunderland and Preston
then the millenium wembley and old trafford out the big grounds
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyDRFC Wed 9 Sep - 20:25:41

For me the new Wembley has got to be the best ground i've been to.As for the worst well it has got to be Layer road Colchesters old ground.That was a shocking ground
MattyDRFC
MattyDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by FevTyke Wed 9 Sep - 21:31:11

Dunno about my best one, there's a few, but the worst without competition is Valley Parade.

Nothing to do with the 4-0 opening day defeat we suffered there, obviously... Rolling Eyes
FevTyke
FevTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyDRFC Wed 9 Sep - 21:34:40

FevTyke wrote:Dunno about my best one, there's a few, but the worst without competition is Valley Parade.

Nothing to do with the 4-0 opening day defeat we suffered there, obviously... Rolling Eyes

I thought Valley Parade was pretty decent ground and it's not bad decent day out eiether plenty of pubs near the ground and there plenty of take aways too Cool
MattyDRFC
MattyDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 9 Sep - 21:39:20

MattyDRFC wrote:
FevTyke wrote:Dunno about my best one, there's a few, but the worst without competition is Valley Parade.

I thought Valley Parade was pretty decent ground and it's not bad decent day out eiether plenty of pubs near the ground and there plenty of take aways too Cool
Yes Matty but you didn't lose 4-0 on the opening day of the season did you? I can well understand Fev's feelings on this. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by FevTyke Wed 9 Sep - 21:42:40

I think it's probably 'cos I was only a young 'un last time we played there, so the attraction of lots of alcohol was lost on me back then Laughing
FevTyke
FevTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 12 Sep - 7:42:16

the Worst for me has to be the Don Valley Stadium, not a proper footy ground i know but you need binoculars to watch the match, thank god i don't have to go there every other week, the best well i like Bramall lane.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Sat 12 Sep - 8:04:37

I take it you haven't been to Hillsborough...
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 12 Sep - 8:06:49

Shem_Swfc wrote:I take it you haven't been to Hillsborough...

I have actually....av to say though not been since they painted the place up Wink
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Sat 12 Sep - 8:10:31

Wink ill let you off then Very Happy
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Tue 6 Sep - 6:07:24

emirates but would never want leeds to play in sommit like that

grounds alot of people probably think are shitholes i quite like cos think they've got more character than alot more new grounds
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 6 Sep - 8:43:42

One of my favourites has to be Villa Park, worst must admit can't stand Blandford Park or the Scunts for that matter. Forest is a bit strange too. Like you LL I also like some of the 'so-called 'shitty grounds like Bumhole, Swillsborough and Bellend Rd. Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Tue 6 Sep - 8:45:51

we have the finest most luxorious cream cladding in the country i'll have you know
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next