The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Members Introduce yourself

+29
BantamValley
RedJ
thefullback
NorthRed
htfcdom
Dagenham Rover
big fat yorkshire pudding
pkt_drfc
northyboy
ste303
LuckyGirl
hes-a-hoop
SkellowRover
thornabyred
bradthemiller
Terrier2009
jucyberry
Captain Cook
MR NEGATIVE
hoolahoop
Sacko
FevTyke
Dan_the_Owl
Shem_Swfc
MattyDRFC
The Wednesday
NIGHTMARE
yorkie64red
Phil
33 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New Members Introduce yourself Empty New Members Introduce yourself

Post by Phil Thu 22 Oct - 0:15:47

use this thread for all the hello and welcome business
Phil
Phil
ADMIN

https://yorkshire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New Members Introduce yourself Empty Re: New Members Introduce yourself

Post by yorkie64red Thu 22 Oct - 2:09:50

Can i be first, the names Brian prefer Bri born in Goole but now live in Thorne Doncaster, Support South Yorkshires greatest club Doncaster Rovers and love every minuite of it, work in Chesterfield as a Supervisor and am Married but no Kids, have a lovely German Shepherd though... New Members Introduce yourself Icon_cool
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Thu 22 Oct - 4:50:48

Name : Nightmare
Born : In Sheffield on the 28th may 1980
lives : In Rawmarsh Rotherham
Supports : Barnsley Football Club
Married : To Louise have been for 2 years, no kids, no dog,
Works : At a Lead foundry in Barnsley (Its Shite Been there 5 years and i hate it)
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Thu 22 Oct - 21:41:29

Name : The Wednesday, you can call me 'The' (edit: that was a joke, clearly not very funny as i'm actually being called The Cool you can call me whatever you like)
Born : In Sheffield on the 12th June 1992
lives : Near Crystal Peaks, Sheffield
Supports : Sheffield Wednesday Football Club
Works : Nowhere at the moment, will be working at McDonalds if I don't get an apprenticeship at Insight (come on Insight)
Children: My two dogs called Archie and Scamp are my children
Car: I passed my driving test yestersay and have a Ford Fiesta Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by The Wednesday on Fri 23 Oct - 8:10:14; edited 1 time in total
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyDRFC Tue 27 Oct - 9:03:34

Name : Matty
Born : In Doncaster Royal Infiramry 18th April 1988
lives : In Moorends the Village of the Dammed in Doncaster
Supports : Doncaster Rovers since february 1992 Against Scunthorpe won 3-1
Materil status: Single lives with Parents
Work : Unemployed
MattyDRFC
MattyDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Tue 27 Oct - 9:27:16

Name : Joe Shemeld, but you can call me Shem, as you all do Wink
Born : In the Blue side of Sheffield
Lives : In Barnby Dun, in Pikey Country Laughing
Supports/1st game : Sheffield Wednesday, and my 1st game was at Old Trafford in 1997-1998 season.
Works : For Edenthorpe Cougars JFC for a weekly fee of Nothing, who also got their 1st win of the season last weekend....
Car : Got a 1968 Ford Mustang on Racedriver:Grid, but our family car is a Nissan Skyl- Micra......
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 27 Oct - 9:55:09

Only just spotted this thread, so here goes...

My name is obviously Dan, and equally obviously I am a Wednesdayite. I'm 25 years old, will turn 26 on New Years Day, have been with my lovely Canadian girlfriend for almost 5 years now, and am currently working for a high street bookmaker, though my long term plan is to return to uni to finish my degree, hopefully sooner rather than later!
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by FevTyke Tue 27 Oct - 19:49:07

I'm not particularly new to the site, but I'll give it a go:

I'm Adam, I'm 22, 23 in February. I live with my girlfriend and our new born son in Knottingley, West Yorkshire (Leeds territory No ). Been supporting Barnsley since some time in the 90's, first match was against QPR I think. We lost, and it was miserable Laughing oh, and I'm originally from Featherstone, in case you were wondering about the username Cool
FevTyke
FevTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sacko Wed 28 Oct - 4:58:20

Name : Jonny
Born : Hull, Hedon Road
lives : Village 12 miles east of Hull
Supports : Hull City
Materil status: Single lives with Parents
Work : Graphic Designer
Sacko
Sacko

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Wed 28 Oct - 5:13:24

Please tell me this is you > > > >

Johnny Sack is a major figure in the New York crime family led by Carmine Lupertazzi. Johnny was Carmine's underboss for many years, handling political payoffs and bid-rigging for the organization. He ultimately became boss after Carmine's death. Johnny is also a friend and compatriot of New Jersey DiMeo boss Tony Soprano. Although the New York and New Jersey families are technically rivals, relations between the two families have been peaceful for some time. Johnny Sack works to try and maintain the peace with the other families, reasoning that peace between the families means prosperity for all the families. He is not, however, above stirring up trouble in Iago-like fashion, to sow dissent and suspicion among the ranks of the Soprano family. Johnny Sack is a shrewd person and always a pragmatist; he also happens to be a very low-profile mob figure in New York despite his superficial flamboyance.

But while Johnny Sack usually maintains his cool, he is very sensitive about his wife, Ginny, who has a problem with obesity. Johnny becomes violently angry when any remarks are made about Ginny's weight problem. He once ordered a hit put on Ralph Cifaretto for making one such off-color joke, although he later cooled down and called it off. This saved Ralphie's life, and also, although unknown to Johnny, his own, since Tony had obtained approval from Carmine to hit Johnny in order to protect the highly valuable Esplanade project to which Ralphie's involvement was key.

Johnny has chafed under Carmine's leadership of the family, particularly over Carmine's apparent plans to name his hedonistic and catachresis-prone son Carmine Jr. as his successor. During the abortive war with the Soprano crew over Tony's Frelinghuysen Avenue operation, he authorized Tony to arrange to have Carmine assassinated. Much to Johnny's chagrin, Tony accepted Carmine's offer of settlement and cancelled the hit.

Following the (natural) death of Carmine in 2004, Johnny's crew engaged in a bitter turf war over the Family Leadership with Carmine's son, Little Carmine. More violence was threatened upon Tony Soprano's New Jersey family following the unauthorised murder of two of Johnny's men by Tony's cousin, Tony Blundetto, on Little Carmine's behalf. After both New York factions suffered heavy casualities, the conflict was brought to an end with Little Carmine surrendering control of the family. This was followed by a tentative reconciliation with Tony, who had personally taken the life of Blundetto to bury the hatchet. However, the moment was cut short when Johnny was promptly arrested by the FBI after his Consigliere Jimmy Petrille turned state's Witness. Even though in jail awaiting trial he is still in control of the Lupertazzi crime family.

In the sixth season, Johnny has entrusted Phil Leotardo with the role of Acting boss while he is in jail, and thus far Phil has acted willingly on Johnny's behalf.

http://www.sopranofamily.com/cast_Johnny_Sack_Sacramoni.html
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 28 Oct - 9:27:04

Sorry missed this thread too. Here's a little about me :-
Name........................Steve
Married to ................Sue
have lovely daughter (11) called Savannah, both of whom were born in Manc. land.! Sad Lived in Stockport , Cheshire up until 3 years ago after having spent 10 years in that hellhole. Family (father's side) all Man. City fans, (mother's side) Fulham fans..........a very strange mix but have a lot in common i.e . big neighbours but little success.
I'm younger than everyone on here it seems (bar Shem) and tell lies ............, I'm actually 53 years young.
Love the Rovers with a passion , over 40 years, chairman of a Supporters Club (albeit somewhat reluctantly). member of the the Vikings Supporters Co-Operative and Alliance and like all of you detest 'plastic' fans and 'Binkickers' alike. Laughing Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Thu 29 Oct - 7:56:51

Only just spotted this.
Jack.
12 Nearly 13.
Member on vsc and donnymad.
Born in donny.
Lived here all my life.

Supported us fo 7 years now my first match at belle vue.
Loyal sth in southstand.
Attend most away games.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Sat 31 Oct - 5:52:02

Hoolahoop- Same age as me mate Very Happy

Somethings improve with age

Went through a mid life crisis in reverse a few years ago. Instead of getting divorced and joining a Gym at 50, I quit the Gym and got married.

Oh! and packed my Job in after 30 years in the same place. Needed a new challenge.Retrained and away I went.

Obviously support the Boro (first game in 1963) but it is a passion shared with supporting Middlesbrough Rugby club. Also used to go to Most Yorkshire Cricket matches in My Younger days. Managed to get to all Yorkshire grounds.

The artist formerly Known as Transporter

Very Happy
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jucyberry Sat 31 Oct - 6:16:55

Well, will throw my hat into the ring also...

Name's Deborah, but don't mind Deb or Debs...hate debbie mind you..ikk

45 years old

Norfolk born and bred with the conviction the stork dropped me in the wrong county.. found the rovers through my fella..

games are a rarity for me, the logistics are exhausting, so I try to keep up best I can from afar..

Oh and I chop up critters for money........

I'm a butcher... Laughing
jucyberry
jucyberry
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Sun 1 Nov - 23:41:01

Think most of you know a bit about me now but will inform you all anyway.
Name: Susan
Live: Halifax West Yorkshire
Support: Huddersfield
Occupation: Full time student but fingers crossed will get my degree in the summer.
And for those who don't know LuckyGirl is my mum.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

New Members Introduce yourself Empty me, myself & I

Post by bradthemiller Mon 2 Nov - 8:13:35

Fellow posters;
My name is Ian Bradley, a 47 year old Rotherham fan. I've been a fan since 1972 (37 yrs) & have seen the Millers play in every division except the Premiership (one day perhaps, perhaps not).
bradthemiller
bradthemiller

Back to top Go down

Post by thornabyred Wed 4 Nov - 7:53:37

missed this first time round.
Name is Stewart or Stew, 57 years young from Thornaby on Tees and 40 odd years following Boro.
Involved in far too many things to post here, would need a forum of my own.
thornabyred
thornabyred

http://www.thornaby.org.uk,

Back to top Go down

New Members Introduce yourself Empty Introduce yourself.

Post by MR NEGATIVE Wed 18 Nov - 5:51:57

Now i will start...
Name = Jack Magee
Age = 13
School/Work = Balby Carr
Lives = Balby,Donny
Loves = This forum,Doncaster Rovers.
Hates = Rivals,School
Hobbies = Football,Forum,Telly
Teams = Rovers,Liverpool
Supporter = 8 Years
Sth = 8 years in South Stand
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Wed 18 Nov - 9:52:43

roversboy4lyf wrote:Loves = This forum,Doncaster Rovers.

In the correct order too, well played. Wink

Glad you're sticking around Jack. Cool
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Mon 18 Jan - 20:25:51

Name = Jon
Age = 39
School/Work = Self Employed
Lives = Skellow, Doncaster
Loves = Doncaster Rovers & my family
Hates = York City & Rotherham (old scholl rivalries and fun days out as a teenager in the 80's) + Leeds & all other South Yorkshire clubs (new rivalries) although i do have a soft spot for the blades after they helped us out a lot when Sir JR first took over.
Hobbies = Football, TV, Beer
Team = Doncaster Rovers
Supporter = 30 Years
Sth = Started watching the Rovers sat with my dad in the old Main stand at BV as a 10 year old. When i was about 13 i was allowed on the popside terrace with my mates (when it was a proper terrace) and we used to go up the back near the cafe with all the singers. As i got older i moved to the Main Stand terrace. Since we've been at the moat my season ticket for the first season we were there was in the East Stand but near the SE corner but ever since i've been in the South Stand near the centre.
Other Forum Names = SkellowRover on the VSC & Skellow_Red on Roversmad
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hes-a-hoop Wed 20 Jan - 11:03:36

Story alright Smile

Name is "Hes-a-hoop" Wink
18 years young
From Dublin
Likes - alot of Yorkshire teams believe it or not! IF I had to choose a favorite I would go with Bradford City.
A HUGE Shamrock Rovers fan in Dublin and have a season ticket Smile(that should give me away to some of your members Wink)

hes-a-hoop
Pride Of Yorkshire

http://www.irishfootballforums.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Wed 20 Jan - 11:04:49

Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy reading about the Yorkshire teams and look forward to many posts from you. What do you think of Matt Glennon moving from Huddersfield to Bradford then?

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyGirl Wed 20 Jan - 11:09:13

Good to have another poster.

Welcome

LuckyGirl
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hes-a-hoop Wed 20 Jan - 11:11:55

Terrier2009 wrote:Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy reading about the Yorkshire teams and look forward to many posts from you. What do you think of Matt Glennon moving from Huddersfield to Bradford then?

Seems a good player from what I've seen. I see f**k all over here as its all premiership. I keep meaning to pay more attention but when I get into it the LoI starts up again and then Rovers totally dominate.

hes-a-hoop
Pride Of Yorkshire

http://www.irishfootballforums.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Wed 20 Jan - 11:13:12

Well I hope he does well for you. Hopefully by coming on here we can keep you updated on all the teams.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next