The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear me you could be on your way down

+5
SkellowRover
yorkie64red
the vicar
hoolahoop
NIGHTMARE
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dear me you could be on your way down  Empty Dear me you could be on your way down

Post by NIGHTMARE Wed 16 Feb - 9:02:12

if you carry on like this
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Dear me you could be on your way down  Empty Re: Dear me you could be on your way down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 16 Feb - 9:10:44

Somehow I think you could well be right, I left my 4th game in over 40 years early..............that's how bad it was ! Evil or Very Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Dear me you could be on your way down  Empty Re: Dear me you could be on your way down

Post by the vicar Wed 16 Feb - 9:12:09

we just need some players back and another center half

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 16 Feb - 9:15:50

the vicar wrote:we just need some players back and another center half

Somehow I think we need more than that, Oster weas a bloody mess tonight and the rest not much better. At this level you need a better quality of squad and we haven't got the money......................how many more players are we going to lose to injury ?????????????????
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 16 Feb - 9:16:03

I stayed to the bitter end , when they announced the squad i knew we would get hammered, i thought they did there best and the football was better then on saturday, Jesus we didn't have a striker on the pitch, like the Vicar says we just need to get some of the injured back but until then get in 2 or 3 loan players, and as for those so called fans that booed at half time they should be ashamed of themselves, there was only one thing i was embarrased about tonight and it wasn't the team..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Wed 16 Feb - 9:17:40

if by the time your players are fit, this run of results as continued you could be in the brown stuff big time, losing is a bad habit to get out of and your players could be done in mentally
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 16 Feb - 9:19:58

NIGHTMARE wrote:if by the time your players are fit, this run of results as continued you could be in the brown stuff big time, losing is a bad habit to get out of and your players could be done in mentally

The one saving grace is that there are as many teams below us who are doing just as bad..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Wed 16 Feb - 9:22:27

But on the flip side there all up for a battle & a scrap do your players have that in there locker or are they all fancie dans
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 16 Feb - 9:22:58

yorkie64red wrote:I stayed to the bitter end , when they announced the squad i knew we would get hammered, i thought they did there best and the football was better then on saturday, Jesus we didn't have a striker on the pitch, like the Vicar says we just need to get some of the injured back but until then get in 2 or 3 loan players, and as for those so called fans that booed at half time they should be ashamed of themselves, there was only one thing i was embarrased about tonight and it wasn't the team..

Well I didn't boo (never have) but couldn't bring myself to watch that until the end and I make no apologies. Incidentally they didn't all do their best, some of the more experienced players were so sloppy it defied belief. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Yes they were always going to be up against it but some of the basic errors principally by Woods, Hird and Oster were unforgiveable.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 16 Feb - 9:26:13

NIGHTMARE wrote:But on the flip side there all up for a battle & a scrap do your players have that in there locker or are they all fancie dans

they tried tonight, it was horrible conditions and at there moment there not good enough and with the team we are putting out at the minuite we are in trouble, but they put more effort in tonight then they did on saturday, we will get players back and i have no doub't after tonight we can expect some loan players in god we need them..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Wed 16 Feb - 9:26:20

We have no money for loan players that could improve the team, we tried to get 2 in this week and they were given better offers by teams below us. We have been piss poor at the back all season it's not just the last 7-8 matches, have have conceded 3 goals twice, 4 goals twice and 5 goals once well before this poor run started. The only reason we weren't near the bottom was our ability to score goals but they have now dried up and we look devoid of ideas in creativity. This is the worst team we have had in the championship and now it's showing, maybe we should have upped the wage budget and kept hold of the likes of Wellens (probably the best midfielder in the division at the moment), Mills, Shackell, Greeny & Roberts.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 16 Feb - 9:29:56

SkellowRover wrote:We have no money for loan players that could improve the team, we tried to get 2 in this week and they were given better offers by teams below us. We have been piss poor at the back all season it's not just the last 7-8 matches, have have conceded 3 goals twice, 4 goals twice and 5 goals once well before this poor run started. The only reason we weren't near the bottom was our ability to score goals but they have now dried up and we look devoid of ideas in creativity. This is the worst team we have had in the championship and now it's showing, maybe we should have upped the wage budget and kept hold of the likes of Wellens (probably the best midfielder in the division at the moment), Mills, Shackell, Greeny & Roberts.

Well thats Jrs and the boards call, if there happy to see us back in league one then they don't have to do anything, at the forum the other week they said they would back Sean if he needed it, well he needs it now,
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Wed 16 Feb - 9:46:30

Some interesting comments from Woods, Gillett and Dumbuya on Twitter tonight - definitely not the comments of players who don't care or have given up though understandably Gary Woods is gutted
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsleytilidie Wed 16 Feb - 10:25:34

I've heard Donny fans saying many times how wealthy their owners are!.......so why the fuck don't the idiots get their wallets out and draft in some loanees to shore the defence up at least?.....I know having a thin squad leaves a team vunerable to injuries but this has hardly been a sudden dip for Donny!.......jees even I would be disappointed if they got sucked into the relegation mire to help out the likes of Preston,Palace and the Blunts! Shocked
Barnsleytilidie
Barnsleytilidie
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 16 Feb - 10:29:56

Barnsleytilidie wrote:I've heard Donny fans saying many times how wealthy their owners are!.......so why the fuck don't the idiots get their wallets out and draft in some loanees to shore the defence up at least?.....I know having a thin squad leaves a team vunerable to injuries but this has hardly been a sudden dip for Donny!.......jees even I would be disappointed if they got sucked into the relegation mire to help out the likes of Preston,Palace and the Blunts! Shocked

I hate to say it but your right...lets see what happens over the next couple of days... Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 16 Feb - 10:37:10

Barnsleytilidie wrote:I've heard Donny fans saying many times how wealthy their owners are!.......so why the fuck don't the idiots get their wallets out and draft in some loanees to shore the defence up at least?.....I know having a thin squad leaves a team vunerable to injuries but this has hardly been a sudden dip for Donny!.......jees even I would be disappointed if they got sucked into the relegation mire to help out the likes of Preston,Palace and the Blunts! Shocked

Thank you for your concern BTID but I don't think you quite realise the extent of the injuries we have had to continually put up with all season. I've never seen owt like it . We get one key player lacking match practise and we instantly lose another key player ; no one could have foreseen the mess or should I say the pressure it has put the squad in this season. Some of the dire under-performances put in by the regulars beggars belief, generally the loanes are coming out of these games with credit.
Deep pockets don't solve everythiing ................ Sad Sad Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Wed 16 Feb - 10:48:01

hoolahoop wrote:

Thank you for your concern BTID but I don't think you quite realise the extent of the injuries we have had to continually put up with all season. I've never seen owt like it . We get one key player lacking match practise and we instantly lose another key player ; no one could have foreseen the mess or should I say the pressure it has put the squad in this season. Some of the dire under-performances put in by the regulars beggars belief, generally the loanes are coming out of these games with credit.
Deep pockets don't solve everythiing ................ Sad Sad Sad

its like going back 12 month, and reading blunts mad .

they where blaming injury's last season but the way they have gone about things this year maybe they just not good enough
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Wed 16 Feb - 10:57:17

NIGHTMARE wrote:

its like going back 12 month, and reading blunts mad .

they where blaming injury's last season but the way they have gone about things this year maybe they just not good enough

Dumbuya
Martis
Stock
Gillett
Woods
Sharp
Hayter

Those aren't all our injuries, they are just 7 of those missing who would all be straight into our strongest 11. No excuses just a fact.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Wed 16 Feb - 13:23:02

While it can be funny to see the deedars doing shite, you lot however.. It's different, I'd rather you lot stay up as neither of the deedars seem to have a chance of being in this league next season, so we won't get to play them... Also, it would be funny to see those MASSIVE clubs lower than little owd Barnsley and Donny. Razz

The performances should pick up shortly, I sense a backlash for you lot after that, surely there's got to be some sort of retaliation?
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 16 Feb - 20:25:51

RedNinja wrote:While it can be funny to see the deedars doing shite, you lot however.. It's different, I'd rather you lot stay up as neither of the deedars seem to have a chance of being in this league next season, so we won't get to play them... Also, it would be funny to see those MASSIVE clubs lower than little owd Barnsley and Donny. Razz

The performances should pick up shortly, I sense a backlash for you lot after that, surely there's got to be some sort of retaliation?

I'm afraid until we get some of the senior players back fit i can't see that happening, 14 players unavailable its a wonder Sod didn't slit his wrists...the thin red line just keeps getting thinner ...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 16 Feb - 21:42:33

Think of the situation , it's just like Rorkes Drift ! We will however clamber out of the other side unscathed, battered and torn I grant you but we will clamber out.
Incidentally before the Dingles get this situation totally out of context take a look at the League table ...........we are 4 points behind you with a game in hand with 11 players out currently and 2/3 recently back from injury.
Under those circumstances , I believe that we are currently performing far better than you all told. Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 16 Feb - 22:34:26

hoolahoop wrote:Think of the situation , it's just like Rorkes Drift ! We will however clamber out of the other side unscathed, battered and torn I grant you but we will clamber out.
Incidentally before the Dingles get this situation totally out of context take a look at the League table ...........we are 4 points behind you with a game in hand with 11 players out currently and 2/3 recently back from injury.
Under those circumstances , I believe that we are currently performing far better than you all told. Laughing

I don't see us needing that magical 50 point figure to stay up, i think Scunny and Preston are dead in the water, just that last spot to keep clear of, we are not on our own whn it comes to struggling at the minuite the difference is the teams below us haven't got the injuries we have and are still struggling, Gillett and Woods don't seem to be that far of from making a return and them alone will make a difference when they return to the squad...hopefully they will be fit for Saturday and Billy and Stock will also hopefully make a return..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 16 Feb - 22:42:15

Indeed those 4 back and it's game on business as usual. Any one of 7/8 teams could quite easily get sucked into a relegation dogfight but can you really see the Blades getting alot more points than us up until the end of the season nor others for that matter.
To put this back into context, yep we lost 6-0 last night with a threadbare team and managed to get only 1 point less than either the Dingles or the Blunts from their last 2 games. Hardly a massive deal when expressed like that is it ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Wed 16 Feb - 23:05:08

Points teams have gotten from their last 8 matches:

15th Coventry City : 5 points
16th Doncaster Rovers : 4 points
17th Derby County : 5 points
18th Portsmouth : 5 points
19th Bristol Ciy : 8 points
20th Middlesbrough : 12 points
21st Crystal palace : 9 points
22nd Sheffield United : 4 points
23rd Scunthorpe United : 4 points
24th Preston North End : 3 points

Even in our bad injury hit run of form there are teams around and below us doing just as badly with almost full strength teams!!!!

Every season 1 drops from mid/top half of the table to get involved in the scrap but i dont think it will be us, look at Derby to be that team or maybe even coventry.

I don't think we will go down as there are far worse teams below us, Preston & Scunny look certs and the last spot will be between the blades, palace, bristol, pompey and derby.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Wed 16 Feb - 23:29:54

If i may be so bold i suggest you take a look at DRFC next 11 fixtures, 6 of which are against teams "Flying", i expect NOTHING from those games, if any points are to be taken from those 11 games, Watford and Coventry are probable, Bristol city possible.
Then look at the next 11 games for every team listed above, not one of them have the same "difficult" set of games.
Oh i know DRFC are in the crap injury wise, and the same could happen to any of the sides below or just above DRFC, but when on a run as bad as DRFC its a difficult cycle to break. I think DRFC will survive, but it will be a arse nipping time till season end.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next