The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brian Laws Out?

+4
hoolahoop
Shem_Swfc
NIGHTMARE
The Wednesday
8 posters

Go down

Brian Laws Out? Empty Brian Laws Out?

Post by The Wednesday Sun 25 Oct - 4:26:55

For me no.

He has done a fantastic job in stabalising us with no money, so getting rid of him would be a step backwards. I think the reason people are criticising him is the unrealistic expectations set by our chairman. We are never going to challenge for promotion without investment, or a sell-out crowd each week, neither of which are looking likeky.

Yes some of his signings have been very poor, Jeffers obviously being the biggest flop, and Darren Purse at the moment is looking the same, but all managers sign decent players who turn out to be useless.

And who are we going to get to replace him? He'd have to be currently without a club as we couldn't afford the compensation, so we're looking some random unknown, ex-player, Sean McAuley, Mike Knwell, Simon Davey or if we leave it a few weeks Paul Sturrock.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Brian Laws Out? Empty Re: Brian Laws Out?

Post by NIGHTMARE Sun 25 Oct - 4:28:47

Yeah get him out
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Sun 25 Oct - 4:30:43

Nightmare wrote:Yeah get him out

Any particular reason? confused
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sun 25 Oct - 5:54:18

Yeah he's a brilliant manager to have got you lot where you are now without any money and you'll struggle without him i cant see anyone else doing as good a job as he's done .

on the other side of Sheffield i hope they keep that cockney prick for ever because the longer he's there the more damage he'll do
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Sun 25 Oct - 6:02:01

Nightmare wrote:Yeah he's a brilliant manager to have got you lot where you are now without any money and you'll struggle without him i cant see anyone else doing as good a job as he's done .

on the other side of Sheffield i hope they keep that cockney prick for ever because the longer he's there the more damage he'll do

100% agree with both.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Sun 25 Oct - 6:29:28

Woah Woah Woah.

Look at Benitez. All that money.

No league Title.
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 25 Oct - 10:03:14

Nightmare wrote:Yeah he's a brilliant manager to have got you lot where you are now without any money and you'll struggle without him i cant see anyone else doing as good a job as he's done .

Got to agree too nightmare, I really don't know how these 2 pauper clubs survive do you ?
The deedar 'Dazed or crumbled' phone in again hit new heights, lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 26 Oct - 5:54:36

Leave him alone, he's doing a great job along with Blackwell. Brian Laws Out? Icon_rolleyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 26 Oct - 23:07:57

yorkie64red wrote:Leave him alone, he's doing a great job along with Blackwell. Brian Laws Out? Icon_rolleyes

This pair i.e. Laws and Blackwell are like Hank and Plank...........take your choice. Wink A great double act , my Sheffield is blessed with these 2 buffoons in charge, having said that..............so are the rest of us. lol! lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 27 Oct - 9:49:32

hoolahoop wrote:This pair i.e. Laws and Blackwell are like Hank and Plank...........take your choice. Wink A great double act , my Sheffield is blessed with these 2 buffoons in charge...

Rolling Eyes

My thoughts...

Some serious realism is required here. Yes, Lee Strafford is talking a lot about our club's future, the need for investment, a business plan that if executed correctly, he believes can re-establish us as a Premier League side some years down the line. I too believe that this can be achieved. But some fans seem to have taken this optimism as a demand for instant success. Reality check; our marquee signings this past off-season were cast-offs from Cardiff City and Ipswich Town. Some of the defending we've witnessed in recent games is unacceptable, but changes are now inevitable, and Brian should be given the time to make those changes, and get us back up this league. We are often criticised by our neighbours, and several on here, for acting like a 'massive' club, that we are still a sleeping giant, and there are certainly Wednesdayites who labour under this illusion. I am not one of them. Consolidation is the most important thing for Sheffield Wednesday right now, and Brian Laws, in my opinion, is doing an excellent job under difficult circumstances. He has cemented our place in this division after a few years where we had no business belonging in it, and will certainly not get us relegated this season either.

In short, Brian Laws to stay!

Also, I don't want to bring every thread back to Owlstalk, but is anyone else alarmed by some of the calls over there for Laws to be replaced by Howard Wilkinson or Gary Megson? How anyone could think either could improve what we have right now is completely beyond me.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Tue 27 Oct - 9:59:21

Tbh, every Owls fan would rarther have him that Luggy, Turner and all the other crap we have had. Like you Wednesday i have faith in Laws, and i feel privalliged to have Laws, and in a twisted way, feel sorry for the Grunters who have to put up with that Moaning pig every day of the week.

As you said Wednesday we are buying cast-offs from Cardiff, Ipwich and Wolves, with the latter being the best of the lot. You also said Laws is doing a brilliant job with no moneyand i still have faith in Laws, Strafford and Nick to creating a better Sheffield Wednesday, but most fans don't realise this will take time. They belive that it should take weeks, days even. These people need to get a grip.

2 words though for us Owls. Forward Together! Very Happy
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 27 Oct - 10:02:38

Shem_Swfc wrote:2 words though for us Owls. Forward Together! Very Happy

Your wisdom defies your years, sir! Cool

You mentioned Turner...to me, there can be no better antidote to the current blues than to remember that era. The optimism and relative stability that we currently enjoy was something that we scarcely dared to dream of in those darkest of days.

Forward Together. :afro:
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Tue 27 Oct - 23:14:09

Dan_the_Owl wrote:My thoughts...

Some serious realism is required here. Yes, Lee Strafford is talking a lot about our club's future, the need for investment, a business plan that if executed correctly, he believes can re-establish us as a Premier League side some years down the line. I too believe that this can be achieved. But some fans seem to have taken this optimism as a demand for instant success. Reality check; our marquee signings this past off-season were cast-offs from Cardiff City and Ipswich Town. Some of the defending we've witnessed in recent games is unacceptable, but changes are now inevitable, and Brian should be given the time to make those changes, and get us back up this league. We are often criticised by our neighbours, and several on here, for acting like a 'massive' club, that we are still a sleeping giant, and there are certainly Wednesdayites who labour under this illusion. I am not one of them. Consolidation is the most important thing for Sheffield Wednesday right now, and Brian Laws, in my opinion, is doing an excellent job under difficult circumstances. He has cemented our place in this division after a few years where we had no business belonging in it, and will certainly not get us relegated this season either.

In short, Brian Laws to stay!

Also, I don't want to bring every thread back to Owlstalk, but is anyone else alarmed by some of the calls over there for Laws to be replaced by Howard Wilkinson or Gary Megson? How anyone could think either could improve what we have right now is completely beyond me.

Completely agree that realism is required, Brian Laws has done a trememdous job, will continue to do a tremendous job, and instant success is not going to happen.

But, as much as I like Lee Strafford, he has brought this unrealistic attitude on himself. His business plan is based on us selling 16,500 season tickets, having an average attendance of 25k, and getting into the play-offs this season.

This first didn't happen, the second and third depend entirely on what we are producing on the pitch, which at the moment isn't a lot.

My point is that people have been taken in by the unrealistic expectations set by our chairman, and now that they are not happening, people are unfairly jumping on the managers back.

It's not only Howard Wilkinson and Gary Megson being mentioned on there, don't forget Kevin Keegan, Alan Curbishley, Steve Coppell, Glenn Roeder, Dennis Wise, David O'Leary and a load more stupid ideas Very Happy
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Wed 28 Oct - 3:31:06

Might as well up Orlando Trustfull in that list with what my dad has being saying.
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Wed 28 Oct - 21:06:48

The Wednesday wrote:For me no.

He has done a fantastic job in stabalising us with no money, so getting rid of him would be a step backwards. I think the reason people are criticising him is the unrealistic expectations set by our chairman. We are never going to challenge for promotion without investment, or a sell-out crowd each week, neither of which are looking likeky.

Yes some of his signings have been very poor, Jeffers obviously being the biggest flop, and Darren Purse at the moment is looking the same, but all managers sign decent players who turn out to be useless.

And who are we going to get to replace him? He'd have to be currently without a club as we couldn't afford the compensation, so we're looking some random unknown, ex-player, Sean McAuley, Mike Knwell, Simon Davey or if we leave it a few weeks Paul Sturrock.

And who are we going to replace him with?
Kevin Blackwell anyone. ha ha
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 28 Oct - 21:11:35

Think it will be Blackwell who is shown the door before laws, personally i hope they keep Blackwell he is doing a first rate job at utd.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Wed 28 Oct - 21:54:30

Yes a really good job.
Peter Risdale.
Mike Ashley.
Ken Bates.
Kevin Blackwell.

Above are the four best men in the world.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by superowl3 Mon 2 Nov - 7:59:02

Nightmare wrote:Yeah get him out
i see our pikey friends talking bollox again Laughing
superowl3
superowl3
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down