The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brian Laws

+7
Dan_the_Owl
hoolahoop
Terrier2009
Shem_Swfc
The Wednesday
MR NEGATIVE
yorkie64red
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Brian Laws Empty Brian Laws

Post by yorkie64red Sun 29 Nov - 8:40:08

Have not heard it myself but i understand quite a few Wednesday fans have been ringing up Praise and Grumble calling for Laws Head, so has he done all he can do at Wednesday and is it time to go and can you actually see his reign coming to an end or will he be given more time and if he does go who would you like in his place. Brian Laws Icon_question
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Brian Laws Empty Re: Brian Laws

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sun 29 Nov - 9:46:15

And no shem you cant have 0 drisscol. lol
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Sun 29 Nov - 23:05:21

People have been wanting him sacked for ages, most notably on Owlstalk.

I personally can't see Lee Strafford sacking him, and I don't want Strafford to sack him. It would be expensive and pointless.

We are a relegation battle team. We don't have the money to keep our better players (Bougherra, Brunt, Whelan, Wood), and we don't have the money to replace them with anyone of the same standard (Hinds, Esajas, JOC, Purse).

No-one is going to do a better job with no money, not even Sean O'Driscoll.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Mon 30 Nov - 0:06:55

League One here we come.

I agree with you Wednesday, nobody would want to come with no money, and i reckon Laws is the best we will get.

And no roversboy, i wasnt even thinking of O'dismall Wink
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 30 Nov - 0:10:48

I have to say if you do end up in League 1 (hoping you don't!!!) then I'm sure many of you will get a great reception. If Town don't get promoted I shall look forward to playing you! Really hoping for your sake that things get better for you!!

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 30 Nov - 1:33:27

Shem_Swfc wrote:League One here we come.

I agree with you Wednesday, nobody would want to come with no money, and i reckon Laws is the best we will get.

And no roversboy, i wasnt even thinking of O'dismall Wink

Far too early to be even thinking that way, there's a log way to go. This time last year we didn't even have points in double figures, you were playing probably the best team in the CCC (including N'castle)..........what did you expect ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Mon 30 Nov - 1:35:09

Alot more than what i have seen Laughing
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 30 Nov - 3:50:50

Shem_Swfc wrote:Alot more than what i have seen Laughing

You sound like a disGRUNTled Blunt, these things happen you learn from them and get your arses in gear. If you wanted a really bad day out you should have come with us to Nottingham yesterday...........now that was shite!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Mon 30 Nov - 13:26:09

hoolahoop wrote:a disGRUNTled Blunt

Laughing

Things have to improve, of that there can be no doubt. But this forum seems to be the last voice of reason when it comes to solutions. As has already been stated, not only would Wednesday struggle to find a better replacement, we can't even afford to sack Brian Laws in the first place. Hoola hit the nail on the head. Yes, the performance against WBA left an awful lot to desire, but hadn't most of us written it off anyhow? They are one of the strongest sides in the division, if not the strongest, and while it doesn't excuse some of our defending on Saturday, it does suggest that things could be a lot worse.

I'm still backing Brian Laws for the forseeable future.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 1 Dec - 6:51:00

The Wednesday wrote:People have been wanting him sacked for ages, most notably on Owlstalk.

I personally can't see Lee Strafford sacking him, and I don't want Strafford to sack him. It would be expensive and pointless.

We are a relegation battle team. We don't have the money to keep our better players (Bougherra, Brunt, Whelan, Wood), and we don't have the money to replace them with anyone of the same standard (Hinds, Esajas, JOC, Purse).

No-one is going to do a better job with no money, not even Sean O'Driscoll.

Blackwell starting to do a bit better but think all our local teams are poor this season to be perfectly honest....Barnsley probably best footy team at the moment Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 1 Dec - 7:02:26

Wink nice one pig
Bet that was hard to type
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 1 Dec - 10:06:28

Ave It!!! wrote:

Blackwell starting to do a bit better but think all our local teams are poor this season to be perfectly honest....Barnsley probably best footy team at the moment Brian Laws Icon_eek

Oh yes you won a game, wonder what the blades will be saying if they lose Saturday.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 1 Dec - 11:17:13

yorkie64red wrote:

Oh yes you won a game, wonder what the blades will be saying if they lose Saturday.

2 Games !! 2 Games we beat Peterboro last week and Brizzle this week...go and pump the tyres up on your house .....one on each side that is 2! Wink

UTB
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 1 Dec - 14:22:44

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Lovely i'm glad you managed to win two on the bounce, its nice having a blade on here even if they do only come on taking the piss when things are looking up
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 2 Dec - 20:59:22

NIGHTMARE wrote:Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Lovely i'm glad you managed to win two on the bounce, its nice having a blade on here even if they do only come on taking the piss when things are looking up

Problem is they can only post when that is the case nightmare.................one defeat and he's gone again. Blunts are like snails.
Btw you've got a tough'un this week fella, what's your thoughts after last weekends shite!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Thu 3 Dec - 5:21:37

Really did not like the interview I just heard on RS. Lee Strafford refused to back Brian Laws saying his job is not safe and it's all based on results for him. He also slightly contradicted himself saying it's a gamble sacking him without investment. Either way it sounds like Brian Laws' days are numbered. Not good news.

Come on Wednesday!
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by superowl3 Mon 7 Dec - 9:06:01

personally i think mr laws will be gone sometime next week after the leicester game or if we get hammered on tues night the board have to act sooner rather than later.if he does the boot then darren ferguson will be the obvious choice to replace him.
superowl3
superowl3
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 7 Dec - 9:07:42

He's already gone according to talksport
it's to be anouced in morning
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Wed 9 Dec - 0:46:01

Brian Laws still with us for tonight, promising to ring the changes. As previously stated, I'm still backing him, the financial implications of sacking him and the lack of better replacements preclude me from joining the calls for his head. Lee Strafford too has kept the situation calm by not reacting to the increasing dissent. But I'm not convinced that Laws' position doesn't become untenable if we lose badly tonight.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by wxm owl Wed 9 Dec - 1:11:24

i think Brian Laws as taken the club as far as he can. just look what he did when he had a litte bit of money he made some bad signings.do not get me wrong i like mr laws but its time for him to go.
wxm owl
wxm owl
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Wed 9 Dec - 2:04:34

Hey wxm, nice to see you around here.

And I take on board what you're saying. Even my patience can only stretch so far. I can't honestly say what I'll be thinking if we produce another abject performance tonight.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by wxm owl Wed 9 Dec - 9:07:09

he as to go now or it will be div 1 football for the owls. a do like laws he is a good chap. i think he as lost the dressing room an that is bad news for him
wxm owl
wxm owl
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 9 Dec - 10:37:21

wxm owl wrote:he as to go now or it will be div 1 football for the owls. a do like laws he is a good chap. i think he as lost the dressing room an that is bad news for him

Did you go to the game fella ? Hmmmmmm thought not otherwise you would havre seen a gutsy stifling performance from your team tonight. Btw how are you going to pay him off and get another manager worthy of running your huge club!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Wed 9 Dec - 18:52:34

hoolahoop wrote:

Did you go to the game fella ? Hmmmmmm thought not otherwise you would havre seen a gutsy stifling performance from your team tonight. Btw how are you going to pay him off and get another manager worthy of running your huge club!

Hoola,
you should know they'll be queueing all the way to Bramall Lane to manage such a huge upstanding club scratch
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 9 Dec - 19:36:37

Dagenham Rover wrote:

Hoola,
you should know they'll be queueing all the way to Bramall Lane to manage such a huge upstanding club scratch

Too true Daggers, One or two might just stop for an interview at the 'bigger' club (joke) at the Bumhole though . A couple of defeats and he'll be on his way too, these are truly the best of times for the Deedars.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next