The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Points target....

+2
the vicar
yorkie64red
6 posters

Go down

Points target.... Empty Points target....

Post by yorkie64red Fri 25 Mar - 2:29:36

JOHN Ryan, the Doncaster Rovers chairman, is convinced eight more points will guarantee the club another season in the Championship.

The South Yorkshire outfit are in danger of being dragged into a relegation battle after recording just one league win in 11 matches.

With eight games remaining in the 2010/11 season, Rovers are nine points clear of the bottom three.

But, Ryan reckons two wins and two draws will see the club beat the drop.

“Two wins and two draws would give us 52 points and I can’t see the bottom three clubs catching us if we reach that target,” he told The Star. “Our priority is to stay in the league.”

Following the club’s 1-0 defeat to table-topping Queens Park Rangers last week, assistant boss Richard O’Kelly also said that the club must not take their eye off the ball.

Rovers have been heavily linked with a summer move for Crewe Alexandra full-back Danny Blanchet but O’Kelly insists the club must focus on keeping out of the relegation zone.

“It is very difficult to concentrate on anything else at the moment other than staying in the Championship and making sure that we are playing in the right division next season rather than recruiting for next year,” he said.

“We have got a list of short-term targets for next season, but that becomes clearer when the close season comes round because the situation changes each week.”

The deadline for the Football League emergency loan window is 5pm today. Having extended the loan deals of Franck Moussa and Jason Euell yesterday, Rovers are unlikely to make any further acquisitions.

Speaking last night, Ryan said he was delighted to retain the services of Moussa and Euell. He said the duo had done “very well” since arriving at the Keepmoat Stadium.

Moussa is set to spend a further month at Rovers after a series of eye-catching performances since joining on a temporary basis from Leicester City.

The young Belgian has struggled to hold down a regular first-team berth at the Walkers Stadium but has featured eight times in Rovers colours, scoring his only goal in the 5-2 loss at Yorkshire neighbours Leeds United. His loan deal will run out after the derby showdown with Hull City on April 16.

It was over a month ago Euell moved to Rovers to provide cover for top-scorer Billy Sharp, who is out for the rest of the season with a hernia problem.

The experienced striker, on-loan from Blackpool, has made four appearances, claiming his first goal of the season in the 1-1 draw with Watford.

In a 16-year career, the Jamaican international has plundered 85 goals. He is now poised to stay with Rovers until the end of the season

from doncaster star...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Points target.... Empty Re: Points target....

Post by the vicar Fri 25 Mar - 4:53:56

i dont think the bottom 3 will get 45 points

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Fri 25 Mar - 7:49:56

Yep i agree Vicar i think 1 more win will see us safe 2 to be sure and we will be playing championship football next season
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 25 Mar - 12:01:37

pkt_drfc wrote:Yep i agree Vicar i think 1 more win will see us safe 2 to be sure and we will be playing championship football next season

There must be immense disapointment with the board that we find ourselves in this predicament after such high hopes at the start of the season, we know what the reason is and that it the appalling injury situation, lets hope that in the close season they have a look at the reasons and if there is anything we can do to help prevent it from happening again next season..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by wxmowls Fri 25 Mar - 22:11:21

donny are safe. now your not a bad team. you will pick up ponts here an ther

wxmowls
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 28 Mar - 6:31:51

wxmowls wrote:donny are safe. now your not a bad team. you will pick up ponts here an ther

I think you're right wxm, the fact that we have had only 1 win in 11 and can say that is a testament to how well we were doing before this devastating injury crisis.
Had we have had a reasonable amount of injuries at any one time, we would have undoubtedly (given the form of the top 8 ) been in a P/Off position by the end of the season.

On a bright note , we should have that to look forward to next season. Btw good luck wxm in your search for some home points.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 28 Mar - 6:35:51

hoolahoop wrote:

I think you're right wxm, the fact that we have had only 1 win in 11 and can say that is a testament to how well we were doing before this devastating injury crisis.
Had we have had a reasonable amount of injuries at any one time, we would have undoubtedly (given the form of the top 8 ) been in a P/Off position by the end of the season.

On a bright note , we should have that to look forward to next season. Btw good luck wxm in your search for some home points.

A win on saturday will just about seal it.... cheers cheers cheers
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 28 Mar - 7:47:30

yorkie64red wrote:

A win on saturday will just about seal it.... cheers cheers cheers

Hope so , it should be enough................come on lads BURY BRIZZLE. Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 2 Apr - 8:17:53

Come on 3 more points should do it IMO
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 2 Apr - 8:19:44

pkt_drfc wrote:Come on 3 more points should do it IMO

I know...just getting a bit nervous.... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sat 2 Apr - 8:30:11

I'm sure we will get 3 more points but not sure it will be tomorrow - a point will be a good result to me

But I live in hope
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 2 Apr - 8:37:15

VixDRFC wrote:I'm sure we will get 3 more points but not sure it will be tomorrow - a point will be a good result to me

But I live in hope

Lets just hope that other results go our way whatever happens , the Blades have QPR on monday night...should be good its on tv.. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down