The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All you Pikeys get in here

+6
yorkie64red
Shem_Swfc
NIGHTMARE
hoolahoop
pkt_drfc
Dale BFC
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

All you Pikeys get in here Empty All you Pikeys get in here

Post by Dale BFC Tue 27 Oct - 7:28:09

Just wondering how many years you have REALLY supported Rovers. In the short time it took you to climb the leagues you must have gained thousands of glory latch on fans.

When i went to Belle Vue all them nights ago (Snowy Tuesday night stood in your old away end) there was what? 3/4 thousand fans? Whose gunna own up to tagging along during the good years? Or are you all gunna say 'I've seen us play Stevenage and leek town on a regualr basis'?

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

All you Pikeys get in here Empty Re: All you Pikeys get in here

Post by pkt_drfc Tue 27 Oct - 7:30:24

Me mate 22 years now 26 first game when i was 4 so no band wagon jumper here
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Tue 27 Oct - 7:30:55

pkt_drfc wrote:Me mate 22 years now 26 first game when i was 4 so no band wagon jumper here

Fair play mate

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 27 Oct - 7:39:40

Dale BFC wrote:Just wondering how many years you have REALLY supported Rovers. In the short time it took you to climb the leagues you must have gained thousands of glory latch on fans.

When i went to Belle Vue all them nights ago (Snowy Tuesday night stood in your old away end) there was what? 3/4 thousand fans? Whose gunna own up to tagging along during the good years? Or are you all gunna say 'I've seen us play Stevenage and leek town on a regualr basis'?

R+R

I get it , you've always had 20k+ supporters eh Dale ?
For the record, I have been a supporter since the 66/7 season when I believe we averaged bigger crowds than you. No I haven't been a STH all of those years having lived abroad, raised a family etc.
Supporters of all clubs including the Tykes come and go , ebb and flow whatever your size unless you are a massive 'big city' club or am I wrong.
I've also sat in your shithole with 3/4000 support in the ground fella. One season in the Prem. and you think you've always been bigger. You Dingles sure have very selective memories not surprising with 'pea-sized' brains. lol! confused confused
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Tue 27 Oct - 7:45:47

hoolahoop wrote:
Dale BFC wrote:Just wondering how many years you have REALLY supported Rovers. In the short time it took you to climb the leagues you must have gained thousands of glory latch on fans.

R+R

For the record, I have been a supporter since the 66/7 season when I believe we averaged bigger crowds than you. No I haven't been a STH all of those years having lived abroad, raised a family etc.
Supporters of all clubs including the Tykes come and go , ebb and flow whatever your size unless you are a massive 'big city' club or am I wrong.
I've also sat in your shithole with 3/4000 support in the ground fella. One season in the Prem. and you think you've always been bigger. You Dingles sure have very selective memories not surprising with 'pea-sized' brains. lol! confused confused

Laughing Someones been keeping things all bottled up. Something i said upset you? Touchy feckers you Pikeycaster Madrid lot Laughing

You've obviously took my post the wrong way, i wasn't trying to 'prove' anything. We are a town team and have small crowds, so i'm not bragging about anything. All i wanted was like what pkt_drfc answered. I wanted to know which of you on here where there in those days. Some of you may have just thought 'ah, there doing well, might have a bit of this'. Nothing wrong with that, but when a team climbs the leagues, theres obviously going to be an increase in support.

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 27 Oct - 7:53:42

Dale BFC wrote:
hoolahoop wrote:

R+R

Laughing Someones been keeping things all bottled up. Something i said upset you? Touchy feckers you Pikeycaster Madrid lot Laughing

You've obviously took my post the wrong way, i wasn't trying to 'prove' anything. We are a town team and have small crowds, so i'm not bragging about anything. All i wanted was like what pkt_drfc answered. I wanted to know which of you on here where there in those days. Some of you may have just thought 'ah, there doing well, might have a bit of this'. Nothing wrong with that, but when a team climbs the leagues, theres obviously going to be an increase in support.

R+R

Sorry fella if that was your genuine intent but this gets levelled at our supporters all the time and for the very reason you mentioned 'climbing up the leagues' or back 'into the league' in our case. Usually these attacks come from within, when your local team was in the Conference with 3 big city teams in close proximity it is so easy to lose natural fanbase. I fooking hate 'plastics' with a passion!! Truce ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 27 Oct - 9:28:12

hoolahoop wrote:
Sorry fella if that was your genuine intent but this gets levelled at our supporters all the time and for the very reason you mentioned 'climbing up the leagues' or back 'into the league' in our case. Usually these attacks come from within, when your local team was in the Conference with 3 big city teams in close proximity it is so easy to lose natural fanbase. I fooking hate 'plastics' with a passion!! Truce ?

Take a nail bomb to Oakwell Tomorrow your bound to spike a 1000 or more if you set it off in the west stand
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Tue 27 Oct - 9:29:25

Don't you mean 100 Nightmare..... Laughing
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Tue 27 Oct - 9:29:56

Shem_Swfc wrote:Don't you mean 100 Nightmare..... Laughing

Edit : Nice Avatar btw Nightmare, you have your portrait and your name in there.... Very Happy
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 27 Oct - 9:34:35

no it'll be packed with them pal and they'll run out of programs too because every one as to get one to know who the Barnsley players are because they have slept since the chelsea and fa cup semi final games and they will have forgot who plays for us
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Tue 27 Oct - 9:42:40

As i said Nighty, 100 people packed into your World Cup standard West Stand, quietly sitting there, one slightest bit of noise and the whole place falls, and when Manchester United score their 3rd goal after 5 minutes, the fat pie eater at the back jumps up with range, and boom...

bye bye Oakwell... Very Happy
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 27 Oct - 10:17:42

Nighty I see you detest these sort of fans (not supporters) as much as I do. If you're like me just think of it as dumb income. If you're losing by 75 minutes they will be inching their way out
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 27 Oct - 10:22:10

Nightmare wrote:no it'll be packed with them pal and they'll run out of programs too because every one as to get one to know who the Barnsley players are because they have slept since the chelsea and fa cup semi final games and they will have forgot who plays for us

There was a guy sat in front of us for the Peterborough match last tuesday and every time we scored or anything of note happened he would turn round and ask us the players name, bet he never thought of buying a programme. All you Pikeys get in here Icon_smile he did not have a clue who any of the players were.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Tue 27 Oct - 10:24:45

yorkie64red wrote:
Nightmare wrote:no it'll be packed with them pal and they'll run out of programs too because every one as to get one to know who the Barnsley players are because they have slept since the chelsea and fa cup semi final games and they will have forgot who plays for us

There was a guy sat in front of us for the Peterborough match last tuesday and every time we scored or anything of note happened he would turn round and ask us the players name, bet he never thought of buying a programme. All you Pikeys get in here Icon_smile he did not have a clue who any of the players were.

That reminds me of the guy who was at the stadium when the team were setting off for their open top bus tour after the play off final. He didn't know who any of them were as they came up and signed... never seen him before and never seen him since
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 27 Oct - 10:28:35

VixDRFC wrote:
yorkie64red wrote:

That reminds me of the guy who was at the stadium when the team were setting off for their open top bus tour after the play off final. He didn't know who any of them were as they came up and signed... never seen him before and never seen him since

I remember him well, mind i think there were a few there that day. All you Pikeys get in here Kopfschuettel
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 27 Oct - 10:31:46

VixDRFC wrote:
yorkie64red wrote:

Don't have a problem with that, he was just supporting his home town surely, everybody has to start somewhere. Question Question Question Question Question Question
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Tue 27 Oct - 10:36:50

hoolahoop wrote:
VixDRFC wrote:
yorkie64red wrote:

Don't have a problem with that, he was just supporting his home town surely, everybody has to start somewhere. Question Question Question Question Question Question

Yes but surely if you start you continue... if we had 10% of the people who 'started' after the Play-off final (and the other landmark moments) we'd not have the gate issue we have Sad

I started my Rovers journey on a freezing cold night on a wooden bench in Saltergate and I'm still here lol!
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Tue 27 Oct - 16:07:23

i personally have a only been a proper rovers fan for a few years, i suppose it was indirectly related to their success....i'll explain.

as a kid i went to quite a few games with my dad in what i believe was our relegation season from division 3 to the conference...BUT, as a kid i didnt really love it enough to be on my feet for 2 hours and have to piss in a porta loo, it wasnt a particularly enjoyable experience in the way it should have been.

after that i sort of fell out of love with football for a few years, i kept an eye on how we were doing etc, but i wasnt overly interested in football in the main, unless i was playing. when i eventually did get back into it properly i knew that a new stadium was on the cards and had been for some time and said once we had it i would start going again, as we would have the facilities to make it more enjoyable for me. since the keepmoat opened i've been to as many games as possible.

so it was more about the facilities for me rather than our league position, but obviously without the success we wouldnt have had the ground, so yer....indirectly related Smile. Wouldnt say that makes me a glory fan though.

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 27 Oct - 18:47:58

superspy wrote:i personally have a only been a proper rovers fan for a few years, i suppose it was indirectly related to their success....i'll explain.

as a kid i went to quite a few games with my dad in what i believe was our relegation season from division 3 to the conference...BUT, as a kid i didnt really love it enough to be on my feet for 2 hours and have to piss in a porta loo, it wasnt a particularly enjoyable experience in the way it should have been.

after that i sort of fell out of love with football for a few years, i kept an eye on how we were doing etc, but i wasnt overly interested in football in the main, unless i was playing. when i eventually did get back into it properly i knew that a new stadium was on the cards and had been for some time and said once we had it i would start going again, as we would have the facilities to make it more enjoyable for me. since the keepmoat opened i've been to as many games as possible.

so it was more about the facilities for me rather than our league position, but obviously without the success we wouldnt have had the ground, so yer....indirectly related All you Pikeys get in here Icon_smile. Wouldnt say that makes me a glory fan though.

lets be honest here, i have never really understood this Glory supporter stuff when its Doncaster,Barnsley, Rotherham Wednesday we follow not Man Utd or Chelsea, were hardly in it for the easy ride or so we can parade round the streets in the premiership shirts, now to me if there are glory supporters thats where you will find them.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Tue 27 Oct - 19:18:44

Well I started my journey at Belle Vue about 1968 when we beat Werder Bremen 3=2 or was it 3-1 in a friendly.
My Dad "borrowed" the rent money to take me cos I'd pestered him so much.
Mum was not a happy lady.
I'd been a few times before but thats the game that really stood out along with the 7-0 tonking of Aldershot about the same sort of time.
It was only later I found out the bits and pieces behind that game.

I also witnessed the incident when one of the advertising hoardings that used to hang from the front of the Main Stand fell off and clonked a lad on the head.
Luckily he was ok but just think if todays lawyers got hold of it.

BTW It was only a Tyke come to watch some decent footie for a change so it knocked a bit of sense into the lad Very Happy (just getting in before you lot do)
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by FevTyke Tue 27 Oct - 19:50:44

yorkie64red wrote:
superspy wrote:i personally have a only been a proper rovers fan for a few years, i suppose it was indirectly related to their success....i'll explain.

so it was more about the facilities for me rather than our league position, but obviously without the success we wouldnt have had the ground, so yer....indirectly related All you Pikeys get in here Icon_smile. Wouldnt say that makes me a glory fan though.

lets be honest here, i have never really understood this Glory supporter stuff when its Doncaster,Barnsley, Rotherham Wednesday we follow not Man Utd or Chelsea, were hardly in it for the easy ride or so we can parade round the streets in the premiership shirts, now to me if there are glory supporters thats where you will find them.

Very true. As much as I love beating the local teams and enjoy the banter with them, the real enemy are people who walk around in their Liverpool and Man Utd tops, or even worse, their AC Milan and LA Galaxy tops Shocked I've never understood it myself.
FevTyke
FevTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 27 Oct - 22:38:47

FevTyke wrote:
yorkie64red wrote:

Very true. As much as I love beating the local teams and enjoy the banter with them, the real enemy are people who walk around in their Liverpool and Man Utd tops, or even worse, their AC Milan and LA Galaxy tops Shocked I've never understood it myself.

Got to admit I find that strange, I remember watching Manure v. Barca and a couple of guys walked into a Manure 'plastic' pub to wind them up..........neither of them followed any team whatsoever . Funny watching the 'plastics' wriggling though. Laughing Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Tue 27 Oct - 23:41:59

Some good replies/stories there lads, Nice1. I wasn't trying to call any of you glory fans as im sure if you wanted glory you would be walking round with a Manchester United shirt on.

I myself have only been a Barnsley fan for 6 years (went to odd games before this, promotion season, FA cup games etc)

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 28 Oct - 0:18:40

Dale BFC wrote:Some good replies/stories there lads, Nice1. I wasn't trying to call any of you glory fans as im sure if you wanted glory you would be walking round with a Manchester United shirt on.

I myself have only been a Barnsley fan for 6 years (went to odd games before this, promotion season, FA cup games etc)

R+R

You've experienced both the real highs and lows in that time fella. Some great games in those years for you eh? Smile Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Wed 28 Oct - 8:08:16

Oh and by the way my Dad took me to Oakwell once as a little kid didn't like it at all, well except for the fact it got us out of visiting an old dragon Auntie Cool so I suppose I could have ended up swinging the other way so to speak Laughing
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next