The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WATFORD

+4
WakeyTerrier
Terrier2009
Captain Cook
yorkie64red
8 posters

Go down

WATFORD Empty WATFORD

Post by yorkie64red Thu 17 Dec - 5:10:55

Looks like they may be entering Admin which will bring a points deduction, this has happened after the Chairman resigned and called in his loans of just under 5 million, they have suspended Shares while things become clearer.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20091216/tuk-watford-fc-may-go-into-administratio-45dbed5.html
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

WATFORD Empty Re: WATFORD

Post by yorkie64red Thu 17 Dec - 5:18:08

And Cardiff going the same way if they fall behind with there instalments to the taxman. Brand New stadium yet they can't afford to pay the taxman.. WATFORD Kopfschuettel
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Thu 17 Dec - 6:28:35

Wouldn't wish this on any supporters.

Remeber when Boro nearly went to the wall in 86.

Terrible time
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Thu 17 Dec - 11:57:03

I do fell sorry for all those people involved. I may be being naive but I always wonder how clubs manage to end up in administration all the time. I just don't understand how they can get that far in debt??? Like I say I may just be naive but it has puzzled me for a long time. scratch

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 17 Dec - 12:31:14

Terrier2009 wrote:I do fell sorry for all those people involved. I may be being naive but I always wonder how clubs manage to end up in administration all the time. I just don't understand how they can get that far in debt??? Like I say I may just be naive but it has puzzled me for a long time. scratch

To answer that question you could do alot worse then ask some wednesday supporters they must have the answer......25million they owe at least its not going up, but then again its not going down either... Sad
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Thu 17 Dec - 12:32:03

Thanks Yorkie, I may just do that. Think it's one of those things I should know by now!

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Thu 17 Dec - 21:35:55

several reasons.

players wages are increasing and crowds are diminishing.

Usually the main problem is with the tax man.
It's usually possible for the administrator to come to terms with creditors but the tax man always wants full payment.
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by WakeyTerrier Thu 17 Dec - 22:16:24

Terrier2009 wrote:I do fell sorry for all those people involved. I may be being naive but I always wonder how clubs manage to end up in administration all the time. I just don't understand how they can get that far in debt??? Like I say I may just be naive but it has puzzled me for a long time. scratch

Nearly happend to us not so long ago. Steve Bruce spent A LOT of money on his Squad which then failed to get promoted, the year after we were relegated (Ian Aire I Think Pulled Out His Money) and left us with Lots of Debt, Bruce Went, Year after we were relegated again, More Debt, Days from going into administration or Bust, Peter jackson stepped in with 10 or so days until the start of our season in League 2 with only 7/8 players on the books, Ken Davy stepped in with a few quid to keep us afloat (raping us for stadium shares now though Evil or Very Mad ). Soem details might be incorrect, but id much rather not delve into our dark days.

We are VERY fortunate now to have a Chairman who is not only a life long fan & Multi-Millionaire, he knows his budgets, he knows we need promotion so we can stand on our own 2 feet, He can't keep ploughing money in forever.

Feel sorry for the fans, not their fault at all, Poor runnings of the club and nothing else.
WakeyTerrier
WakeyTerrier
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Fri 18 Dec - 2:18:14

I have to say the diminishing number of fans might have something to do with the extortionate prices most clubs want for season tickets/matches. Surely it would be better if they lowered the price slightly and got more fans through the gates (might not make millions more but surely a bit is better).
I remember we had a dark time like many other clubs but I always wondered exactly how it happened. Thanks for explaining it more to me.
In response to the story of us we have been very fortunate in the Chairman that we now have and I would love to see Ken Davy turn up to one of our matches and sit in the stands as I don't think he'd be there for very long at all. I remember when he came on the pitch not long after the whole story came out and the entire stadium was booing him. Don't think he is liked by the fans very much anymore.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 18 Dec - 4:43:38

Graham Taylor appointed as interim Chairman according to SSN. But looks like they are going into Admim after all.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by FevTyke Sat 19 Dec - 1:56:01

I hope they get the points deduction, from a selfish point of view, but admin is horrible and it's not something that any football fan should ever go through. I remember when we came within a matter of hours or something before we were folded, it's the worst feeling in football and I never wanna go through it again.
FevTyke
FevTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sat 19 Dec - 6:19:58

Their loss is our gain i suppose.
Selfish but true.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 19 Dec - 8:24:07

roversboy4lyf wrote:Their loss is our gain i suppose.
Selfish but true.

It doesn't help the finances of any club when the likes of the Dingles 'publicly' state they will be competing with a local rival for a player who has signed up for the rest of the season with us. If they are interested then would it not be preferable to have discussed this privately with all the other parties involved . Whoever signs him will now have to spend a helluva lot more of their club's money to secure him...........it was inappropriate. It's this sort of cavalier attitude that will kill this game and yes I'm sorry for the faithful of Watford. Sad Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sat 19 Dec - 8:34:14

I do feel sorry for them Hoola however i am right in stating that if they get deducted 10 points then it helps us.

Its not nice but who would you rather see succeed DONNY or WATFORD???

I know who i would pick.

Anyway,Watford are saved.

Another Happy ending,they are still not out of the woods yet though.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/watford/8418667.stm
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 19 Dec - 18:51:24

roversboy4lyf wrote:I do feel sorry for them Hoola however i am right in stating that if they get deducted 10 points then it helps us.

Its not nice but who would you rather see succeed DONNY or WATFORD???

I know who i would pick.

Anyway,Watford are saved.

Another Happy ending,they are still not out of the woods yet though.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/watford/8418667.stm

I hope they are but teams must stop spending beyond their means and that means NOT starting public auctions for players. Carry on like this and we will have a dozen 'Watfords'..........the players and their agents are strangling the game with their wage demands. It seems without 'huge' subsidies from Owners the game will soon collapse completely . Sad
To answer your question , I don't want to see any clubs 'going to the wall' as it destroys the game for everybody be it watford , Donny , Barnsley, Southampton, Rovrum etc. Where next one of our own Yorkshire clubs.........we've all struggled and either been there or had to be baled (or still being baled out) out on a regular basis. Look around you both Deedars , Barnsley, Rovrum, Boro', Leeds, Bradford and ourselves have either been to the brink or are living 'day to day' on mountains of debt. Surely it is high time that the FL managed this situation and set very firm rules in place to monitor the activities of ALL clubs on a regular basis to ensure that they are being run in a 'fit and proper' manner for the good of their supporters, their towns and above all the game they purport to govern. Currently fook all is really in place until the shit hits the fan or maybe I should say the fans!!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by diggerman Sun 20 Dec - 4:00:05

Far far FAR too much money flying about in football , and the clubs just haven't got enough of it to keep financing stupid wages etc.
The whole thing'll go pop eventually - and (like in other areas of life) it's greed to blame.
diggerman
diggerman
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down