The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharp:I expect a lot of stick.

+3
Dan_the_Owl
yorkie64red
MR NEGATIVE
7 posters

Go down

Sharp:I expect a lot of stick. Empty Sharp:I expect a lot of stick.

Post by MR NEGATIVE Mon 15 Feb - 22:37:43

GOOD news for Doncaster Rovers, but bad news for Sheffield Wednesday, is that leading scorer Billy Sharp will go into tomorrow's Championship derby at Hillsborough all guns blazing.
Rovers' on-loan striker shot down high-flying Nottingham Forest in Saturday's home game to claim his 12th goal of the season and he now has the Owls in his sights.

"I scored the goal which saw us beat them 1-0 at home and I'd settle for that again tomorrow, and I'm sure the lads would be happy with that as well," said Sharp.

"I've never started a game at Hillsborough so I'm looking foward to it.

"I'm sure that I will get some stick from the Wednesday fans but that will help me so I hope that they do.

"We are going into the game on the back of a good performance against Forest.

"We were a lot better on the ball than we were in the goalless midweek draw at Leicester, and the lads were making the right decisions.

"If we play like we did against Forest I'd fancy us to beat a lot of teams."

Rovers number two Richard O'Kelly said: "Billy gives us lots of energy and enthusiasm because of how he is.

"Even if he is having an absolute stinker, and the team is, you'd still fancy him to get us a goal because of his personality."

Rovers sprung a surprise by playing centre-back Jason Shackell following his recent hernia operation.

"Jason would probably have been on the bench if he hadn't started," said O'Kelly. "He came through training last week and he was very positive.

"He is one of those players that you want out there on the pitch because of his personality and the way that he is.

"He was in the dressing room at half-time encouraging the others even though he must have been disappointed himself.

"He just felt his groin a little bit so to be on the safe side we brought him off and brought Sam Hird on.

"Sam has probably been unlucky - I thought he played with a lot of belief today."

Left-back Gareth Roberts, who missed the game with a knee injury picked up in the Leicester game, was due to have a scan today to determine the extent of his injury.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Sharp:I expect a lot of stick. Empty Re: Sharp:I expect a lot of stick.

Post by yorkie64red Mon 15 Feb - 23:11:11

Good on Billy, i fancy him to get us a Brace at least on tuesday night, and if this game does not put fire in his belly then nothing will, i am looking forward to this more and more as time goes by... cheers
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 16 Feb - 3:47:38

yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 16 Feb - 4:11:48

Still remember him a couple of seasons ago turning away to celebrate in front of us, kissing his Blades badge...only to turn round and see the linesman's flag raised. Comedy gold. Laughing

BRING IT ON. Twisted Evil
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 16 Feb - 4:14:03

Dan_the_Owl wrote:Still remember him a couple of seasons ago turning away to celebrate in front of us, kissing his Blades badge...only to turn round and see the linesman's flag raised. Comedy gold. Laughing

BRING IT ON. Twisted Evil

Well he will make sure it counts this time Dan, and it will be his Rovers badge he will be kissing, like you say bring it on... lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 16 Feb - 7:45:09

yorkie64red wrote:

Well he will make sure it counts this time Dan, and it will be his Rovers badge he will be kissing, like you say bring it on... lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Yep worse thing they can do is get on his back by singling him out , it will just strenghten his resolve. I hope they do have a go at him as that means he will be heavily involved.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 16 Feb - 7:55:50

He wants hitting with a stick
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Tue 16 Feb - 8:15:48

His terrible crime Nightmare? Being too good for the Dingles?
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 16 Feb - 9:52:01

NIGHTMARE wrote:He wants hitting with a stick

Yes. Repeatedly. And not because he's too good for the Dingles, East Yorks, but because he's an odious little man. Just our opinion mind. Wink
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Tue 16 Feb - 10:06:52

Odious, definition: "arousing or deserving hatred or repugnance" Odious indeed for an Owl, but only because he will once again destroy your hopes of victory over the pub team that has humiliated you in the last two meetings. You must admit we are giving you a chance tomorrow, by playing with most of our defenders out injured. Just imagine how bad that will look if you can't beat us with half a team! lol!
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 16 Feb - 11:59:49

I always enjoy the banter East Yorks. Any chance I'll be seeing you at the pub tomorrow? If so, there's a pint from this grumpy Owl in it for you. Cool
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Tue 16 Feb - 12:33:33

East Yorks Rover wrote:Odious, definition: "arousing or deserving hatred or repugnance" Odious indeed for an Owl, but only because he will once again destroy your hopes of victory over the pub team that has humiliated you in the last two meetings. You must admit we are giving you a chance tomorrow, by playing with most of our defenders out injured. Just imagine how bad that will look if you can't beat us with half a team! lol!

It'll look even worse than when we walloped you lot 4-1 with only 10 men! lol! lol!
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Tue 16 Feb - 17:41:51

Dan_the_Owl wrote:I always enjoy the banter East Yorks. Any chance I'll be seeing you at the pub tomorrow? If so, there's a pint from this grumpy Owl in it for you. Cool

I will be there Dan, whether or not I can make a pub is doubtful, I have just started a new job and won't get out until 4.30- 5.00 in York. Then I have to pick up the pet Owls so I have somebody to laugh at on the way home! I will text Hoola when we are near to Sheffield to see if it is possible to see you.
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Tue 16 Feb - 17:43:34

RedNinja wrote:

It'll look even worse than when we walloped you lot 4-1 with only 10 men! lol! lol!

Lightning will not strike twice in a season Ninja, Wait your turn! lol!
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down