The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time To Expect

+4
the vicar
SteRaff1984
VixDRFC
pkt_drfc
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Time To Expect Empty Time To Expect

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 8 Jan - 4:21:34

Another night of spline venting on the Rovers Forum to be expected at least Casualty is on to side track me from it. Sad Sad
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Time To Expect Empty Re: Time To Expect

Post by VixDRFC Sun 8 Jan - 5:11:15

No point in venting spleens we're going down, we'll have no decent players and a frankly useless idiot in charge
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SteRaff1984 Thu 12 Jan - 6:09:02

Were not going down, no way.

SteRaff1984
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Thu 12 Jan - 6:32:43

Lets hope we're not having this conversation at the end of the season
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Thu 12 Jan - 6:40:22

SteRaff1984 wrote:Were not going down, no way.

Hope your correct mate . cheers
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Thu 12 Jan - 6:42:11

When Billy goes, we're as good as down Sad
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Thu 12 Jan - 9:20:27

vicky u are getting to be a right sceptic lastley keep the faith till its a no hope we sure neeb some positive waves love

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 12 Jan - 10:00:37

the vicar wrote:vicky u are getting to be a right sceptic lastley keep the faith till its a no hope we sure neeb some positive waves love

Vicar , she's right though..............the silence is deafening and now they're 'rolling out' Snods to support the new strategy.
Gut feeling is it's close/is a 'done' deal and they have asked legends to endorse the new regime to soften the blow for the supporters whilst giving it legitimacy. Sad I pray I'm wrong affraid
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 12 Jan - 12:33:17

SteRaff1984 wrote:Were not going down, no way.

Not sure you would have said that if you'd been to Watford away or Burnley or Barnsley or Portsmouth...blimey i'd best stop there.. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by SteRaff1984 Thu 12 Jan - 19:02:17

I'm not deluded we are not the best team or no where near but we are good enough to stay up

SteRaff1984
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Thu 12 Jan - 23:44:58

but the record ant been to bad since DS came has it gates arent that bad on avrage with league and fa cup we are on avrage getting 9790.154 thats not bad in the possision we are in

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 13 Jan - 7:13:13

the vicar wrote:but the record ant been to bad since DS came has it gates arent that bad on avrage with league and fa cup we are on avrage getting 9790.154 thats not bad in the possision we are in

That's not a bad average considering all the upheaval and our position in the League. Keep your heads up, we can get out of this yet. Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Fri 13 Jan - 8:34:09

But it doesn't matter how many we get, usually the bigger gates the bigger fail in performance

At the moment I'm struggling to name 3 teans who will finish below us - mainly because we haven't capitalised on our nearest rivals losing. I could think of about 5 who would be in and around the drop zone but none who would drop any more convincingly than us and thats not taking into account the new transfer policy brings in much more "reputedly" better players than our underachieving league neighbours
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 13 Jan - 11:59:44

We need to start putting a run together...lets hope it starts this saturday... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 14 Jan - 6:11:26

yorkie64red wrote:We need to start putting a run together...lets hope it starts this saturday... Smile

Personally I don't care if we win every other game. Wink We must get 47 + points and I believe we will do with/without Billy Sharp............he scored neither of the goals against the Dingles and someone will undoubtedly step up to the plate.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by SteRaff1984 Sat 14 Jan - 6:22:03

Finally a post I agree with, Billy is great but he's not a team. A team as 11 players not 1. Hope he stays but if not we have to move on and work hard and get some points.

SteRaff1984
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sat 14 Jan - 7:14:44

hoolahoop wrote:

Personally I don't care if we win every other game. Wink We must get 47 + points and I believe we will do with/without Billy Sharp............he scored neither of the goals against the Dingles and someone will undoubtedly step up to the plate.

But he made the first one - time to face facts unless Bamogo and Bagayoko suddenly get fit and find form we're are going to struggle big time. Look back at last season, who stepped up to any degree then?

Who stepped up when he was injured at the start of the season? Where would we be without the 10 goals he's scored so far?

I don't blame Billy for going one bit, I think he could have chosen a better team, they only started wanting him when he scored against them but anyone who thinks we've a good chance of getting out of this without him has frankly lost some some sandwiches from their picnic. We were struggling with him ffs

VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SteRaff1984 Sat 14 Jan - 7:26:50

I did not say it would be easy but Billy is not a defender and he certainly is not a Goal keeper. Obviously he's a valued member of the team, the key word been team.
Yes he scores goals but to say without him we will certainly get relegated is disrespectful to the rest of the team.

SteRaff1984
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sat 14 Jan - 8:09:48

So a load of 0-0 draws is just what we need is it?

And don't tell me about being disrespectful to the rest of the team. I don't support a scheme thats pushing most of them out and I don't sit on the fence about it either!

Just sitting here I can think of 4 goals Billy has scored that if he hadn't we'd be 7 points worse off than we are now would people be so confident then?

Yes he scores goals, forgive me for being blonde and female but I thought that was the point of the game because you're never going to win unless you score them
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 14 Jan - 8:26:19

Billy brings a confidence to the rest of the squad, he takes some of the pressure of them, dean Saunders in his interview after finding out billy might be leaving said himself who is gonna get us the goals if he leaves...chesterfield last season got promoted because they had 2 players who were banging in goals for fun..they let them go didn't replace them and look at them now..we will be in the same boat if billy goes..its all about confidence and without him I'm afraid there won't be any..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sat 14 Jan - 8:38:08

I thought Saunders looked as sick as a pig in that interview to be honest, I almost felt sorry for him
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SteRaff1984 Sat 14 Jan - 9:01:01

VixDRFC wrote:So a load of 0-0 draws is just what we need is it?

And don't tell me about being disrespectful to the rest of the team. I don't support a scheme thats pushing most of them out and I don't sit on the fence about it either!

Just sitting here I can think of 4 goals Billy has scored that if he hadn't we'd be 7 points worse off than we are now would people be so confident then?

Yes he scores goals, forgive me for being blonde and female but I thought that was the point of the game because you're never going to win unless you score them

Never siad 0-0 draws were what we need

The scheme is happening because we couldn't afford to compete financially and we certainly can't afford to go down. It's a last ditch effort to save our Championship status

Billy might have scored 4 goals to give us 7 points but it's hardly a valid point because his goals would be pointless if the other team scored an extra goal, I can think of loads of great saves by our Keepers that kept us in the game.

Blonde or not (don't know why you said that) Goalkeeper, Defence or Midfield is just as important, obviously you score goals to win but you also have to stop goals for our goal to count

SteRaff1984
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 14 Jan - 9:16:00

Whoa come on friends, you have all started to give up , you never did before!
Yes some of us have deep reservations, perhaps hostility to the scheme.
Yes we are in the relegation zone.
Yes we may and i stress MAY lose our main striker not only striker but we................................................................................................................................................................................................We are Rovers, we will survive, others WILL score goals and now the midfield is coming back together again we can begin to function better to both protect the defense and create opportunities for our forwards.
RTWD. eh ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sat 14 Jan - 9:18:49

Because I am blonde maybe "duh" Wink

At the end of the day you could keep a clean sheet for 46 games but you'd only have 46 points - might keep you up, might not - certainly wouldn't get you anywhere

And what if, despite every effort (though I only mentioned the scheme because you implied I was being disrespectul in suggesting we'd go down without Billy's goals) we still go down because its looking very likely. We'd have gone down last season without Billy's goals anyway. Peterborough, Scunny etc - could they afford to go down? We don't have a god-given right to stay up regardless of the game plan

I think Ikeme has been the best keeper I've seen for a while, he still lost us the Birmingham away game

You need a goal scorer thats why they cost so much and thats why teams pay lots. For what its worth we'd have been better signing a new keeper when we knew we had Billy than signing the waste of space that is Chris Brown but lots of fans wanted him because of the past
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sat 14 Jan - 9:24:14

hoolahoop wrote:Whoa come on friends, you have all started to give up , you never did before!
Yes some of us have deep reservations, perhaps hostility to the scheme.
Yes we are in the relegation zone.
Yes we may and i stress MAY lose our main striker not only striker but we................................................................................................................................................................................................We are Rovers, we will survive, others WILL score goals and now the midfield is coming back together again we can begin to function better to both protect the defense and create opportunities for our forwards.
RTWD. eh ?

Sorry I might just do a "vicar" and leave - but if I do I WILL go and it won't be because I've taken offence at a fan of the opposition. I'm fed up of being lied to and no I don't think we will survive this time on the current basis - I'd be over the moon to be proved wring

If Rovers fans HONESTLY believe we will survive please list the 3 teams you think we'll finish below us

While you're at it please name who are going to score 10+ goals this season
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next