The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League Form since Christmas !!

+2
pkt_drfc
hoolahoop
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

League Form since Christmas !! Empty League Form since Christmas !!

Post by hoolahoop Wed 24 Feb - 21:20:37

What has happened since Christmas ? We have the following record in all competitions:-

LEG W D L Points
CCC 3 1 6 10/30....................Just 1 point per. game average!
CUP 1 0 1

Yes just 4 Wins in all competitions doesn't make good reading. Last night's performance was as bad as I can remember and we seriously need to get back to consistent form. I appreciate that we have 40 points on the board but an average of 1 point per. game does not accurately reflect the normal quality of our game.
Time after time we lack the incisiveness to run through the middle of the oppositions defence and persist in allowing them the extra time to get defenders back in numbers. Why push the ball to the wings when you can clearly run through the middle and either take a shot or force ''stretched'' defenders to concede free kicks/penalties ? Last night as I said was a perfect example of a lack of attacking nounce i.e. high balls to Billy Sharp, who is trying to compete against 6'3 defenders. Repetitive goal kicks taken into the far left hand corner by Sulli, Jeez don't we have any other part of the pitch to use!! The lack of any grit (especially last night) to win the second ball and defensive weaknesses that quite frankly are laughable if they weren't so inept.
I'm not happy with the team's ability to adapt and avoid weaknesses on the pitch and a final point disgusted with the lack of any semblance of even-handedness by the fool mistakenly labelled as an impartial referee...........you were a disgrace !
Just one final point point on my rant (sorry folks), our players have probably the lowest foul count in the division, why ?........because they are pulling out of situations that reflects a lack of bravery and believe it or not the teams at the top of the CCC concede the most fouls . This fact alone means we never have a fair % of the second ball......FACT. You can draw your own conclusions but at this rate I think we are going to struggle to match last years final position let alone beat it !
Reality time but still ..................RTID.
Mad Mad Mad Sad

Last edited by hoolahoop on Wed 24 Feb - 21:31:55; edited 1 time in total
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

League Form since Christmas !! Empty Re: League Form since Christmas !!

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 24 Feb - 21:24:27

Positive Waves Hoola don't worry we will get back on wining ways on Saturday if we don't i will owe you a pint cheers
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 24 Feb - 21:32:12

pkt_drfc wrote:Positive Waves Hoola don't worry we will get back on wining ways on Saturday if we don't i will owe you a pint cheers

I think to be honest we have been kidding ourselves for a long time, we have talked about the playoffs when really we are punching above our weight in the championship, the players give there all but we are still finding our feet, we are always going to have periods like we are now having a couple of wins and a couple of losses, we just need to get used to it.. Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 24 Feb - 21:34:51

Joking aside we are missing a crucial part of our team as Hoola points out somebody who is not afraid to go into tackles we need to adress this problem we are fine and we need to start planing for next season. I know it is still a possibility we can go down but i think we are safe
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 24 Feb - 21:38:57

pkt_drfc wrote:Positive Waves Hoola don't worry we will get back on wining ways on Saturday if we don't i will owe you a pint cheers

I hope so Pete , it's very difficult to feel positive after last night's mess.........I HOPE SO. A lot of hard work has to be done and quickly, i don't want to be sucked into this mire. Lets face it the games we have won were against a very jaded Forest team (who came for a draw), an unlucky but faint-hearted Wendies (especially with the early chances they missed) and Watford whoopeedoo.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 24 Feb - 21:42:28

yorkie64red wrote:

I think to be honest we have been kidding ourselves for a long time, we have talked about the playoffs when really we are punching above our weight in the championship, the players give there all but we are still finding our feet, we are always going to have periods like we are now having a couple of wins and a couple of losses, we just need to get used to it.. Rolling Eyes

Play-Offs that was all tongue-in-cheek, we will be lucky to avoid being in the bottom 6 let alone the top 6. Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 24 Feb - 21:43:19

In SOD we trust. I think the players will feel as dejected as the supporters to be honest after last nights display
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 24 Feb - 21:44:23

I still say we were alot better in the second half, and after there goal they did not look anything speacial, it was a horrible night and once again we had a ref that gave us nothing, hayter should probably have been played from the start but hindsight is a wonderful thing, it was always going to be a hard game and by the sounds of it we were lucky to get a point at there place, i am still feeling confident about Saturday and we will get a win, and there are still several clubs below us that are doing worse then us.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 24 Feb - 22:00:07

hoolahoop wrote:

I hope so Pete , it's very difficult to feel positive after last night's mess.........I HOPE SO. A lot of hard work has to be done and quickly, i don't want to be sucked into this mire. Lets face it the games we have won were against a very jaded Forest team (who came for a draw), an unlucky but faint-hearted Wendies (especially with the early chances they missed) and Watford whoopeedoo.

You was not saying that last Tuesday when we beat Fowls passed them off the park if we played like that against Q.P.R and Leicester we would have beat them i don't buy into the fact Fowls were faint hearted they went at full bore just could not get it off the mighty ROVERS
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 24 Feb - 22:01:34

You're always confident Yorkie............positive waves and all that. Predict another defeat I'm afraid. Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 24 Feb - 22:05:14

pkt_drfc wrote:

You was not saying that last Tuesday when we beat Fowls passed them off the park if we played like that against Q.P.R and Leicester we would have beat them i don't buy into the fact Fowls were faint hearted they went at full bore just could not get it off the mighty ROVERS

Pete, but for some great saves by Sulli and their woeful shots on goal and a magnificent bicycle kick it could have been so different and yes we were good but only if we get our noses in front. Would it have been the same if they had scored one of those early attempts .....I wonder!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 24 Feb - 22:08:52

Maybe Hoola but we all lose we can not win every game Maybe if donny scored last night before Leicester we would gone on and won 2 or 3-0. I can understand your frustration but no need to beat the kids or the missis over it so to speak

Last edited by pkt_drfc on Wed 24 Feb - 22:11:22; edited 1 time in total
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 24 Feb - 22:09:27

hoolahoop wrote:

Pete, but for some great saves by Sulli and their woeful shots on goal and a magnificent bicycle kick it could have been so different and yes we were good but only if we get our noses in front. Would it have been the same if they had scored one of those early attempts .....I wonder!

But they didn't , if that goal had never been scored last night and we had got one in what would we all have been saying this morning, i can tell you this it would have been we were superb and won against all the odds, its football and it happens..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 24 Feb - 22:13:33

pkt_drfc wrote:Maybe Hoola but we all lose we can not win every game Maybe if donny scored laast night before Leicester we would gone on and won 2 or 3-0. I can understand your frustration but no need to beat the kids or the missis over it so to speak

Too late they are in DRI. Laughing Laughing Laughing Seriously the Foxes were all over us like a rash in the first 20 minutes, quite simply we couldn't get the bloody ball , all they had to do with over-patient build-ups was to get as many players behind the ball as possible and ensure they won the second ball.........they did just that and that's what usually works against us.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 24 Feb - 22:19:42

Well thats down to the manager maybe time for a change. If teams study our videos of how we play they can stop us with a half strong team but when we have a full strength team they can not touch us. Anyway time to look forward now Hoola thats in the past
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 24 Feb - 22:22:13

pkt_drfc wrote:Well thats down to the manager maybe time for a change. If teams study our videos of how we play they can stop us with a half strong team but when we have a full strength team they can not touch us. Anyway time to look forward now Hoola thats in the past

How long before they all start calling for Sods head only a few weeks after begging him to stay, we call Blades fans but we are no better ourselves at times.. No
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 24 Feb - 22:26:19

Will not be long Bri i am not even going to listen to P+G tonight
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 24 Feb - 22:28:12

pkt_drfc wrote:Will not be long Bri i am not even going to listen to P+G tonight

I have not been on the VSC where i can guess what they are saying, so yes i probably won't listen to that either.. No
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 24 Feb - 22:29:00

You will be at work so at least you will escape it
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 24 Feb - 22:35:54

pkt_drfc wrote:You will be at work so at least you will escape it

We have Radios... lol! lol! lol! lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 24 Feb - 22:37:06

yorkie64red wrote:

How long before they all start calling for Sods head only a few weeks after begging him to stay, we call Blades fans but we are no better ourselves at times.. No

I very much doubt that they will do that. We are not like Blades fans , is it wrong to comment that we are not playing as well as we could/should without being accused of whingeing ?
We will see tonight but I think you will both be wrong . As for the VSC (with it's 900 members), you will always find 2/30 of them at least who don't like and have never liked SO'D that is not a reflection on the whole VSC forum surely as my comments aren't the full reflection of the thoughts and fears of others on this ...are they?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 24 Feb - 22:37:41

What in Chesterfield affraid affraid affraid
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 24 Feb - 22:44:33

hoolahoop wrote:

I very much doubt that they will do that. We are not like Blades fans , is it wrong to comment that we are not playing as well as we could/should without being accused of whingeing ?
We will see tonight but I think you will both be wrong . As for the VSC (with it's 900 members), you will always find 2/30 of them at least who don't like and have never liked SO'D that is not a reflection on the whole VSC forum surely as my comments aren't the full reflection of the thoughts and fears of others on this ...are they?

The VSC might have 900 members but it is the same few that post like it is on any forum, no it is not wrong to criticise but Hoola all you have done since last night is pull us to bits, not one positive, and for me there were positives, we have played worse then last night, even the Liecester fans thought they were lucky to get a win look at the Stats it was not a walkover, i did not feel as despondent over last nights game as i have over some others, we are not going to change the way we play so we might as well get used to it, i am looking forward to Saturday as i am feeling confident, what is the point in thinking anyother way.. lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 24 Feb - 22:47:06

No hoola there not everybody is entitled to their opnion. Maybe VSC has got 900+ members i don't post on there regulary only posted 3 or 4 times i think in the past month but there are alot of a**eholes on there who never agree with anybody if your not in the click or your post count is not up to much thats not having a go at the VSC
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 24 Feb - 22:52:27

yorkie64red wrote:

The VSC might have 900 members but it is the same few that post like it is on any forum, no it is not wrong to criticise but Hoola all you have done since last night is pull us to bits, not one positive, and for me there were positives, we have played worse then last night, even the Liecester fans thought they were lucky to get a win look at the Stats it was not a walkover, i did not feel as despondent over last nights game as i have over some others, we are not going to change the way we play so we might as well get used to it, i am looking forward to Saturday as i am feeling confident, what is the point in thinking anyother way.. lol!

We all have different opinions, there weren't any positives for me last night, hand on heart I couldn't ever see us getting a goal last night , there were no outstanding performances, the goal scored (foul or not) was pathetic and our shooting diabolical! Coupled with the weather , the poor atmosphere and particularly the shitty booing of Lewis Guy (which made me very angry) and there have been worse games ? Thank God I missed them then!! Enough now I don't want to discuss this match further.........onwards and upwards eh ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next