The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Local/County Rivalry

+2
RedNinja
2ellandback
6 posters

Go down

Local/County Rivalry Empty Local/County Rivalry

Post by 2ellandback Fri 12 Mar - 9:58:49

Some are obvious if you've got two clubs in one city, or neighbouring towns.
(Blackburn / Burnley comes to mind. Shocked )

Who do you think many Leeds fans would pick as the team they dislike most round these parts Question

Huddersfield ? Not really, they hate us more than us them.
Sheff Utd ? Never really done us any harm in anything important, so no.
Bradford ? We haven't played them often enough (unfortunately.)

The answer is Middlesborough, shame that Strach decided to go there.

Dang we just don't like that club. Can't say why, but they irritate the snot out of us ! pirat

(Right I'm off to kip now in case I've annoyed someone. Smile
2ellandback
2ellandback
Leeds Utd Fan

Back to top Go down

Local/County Rivalry Empty Re: Local/County Rivalry

Post by RedNinja Sat 13 Mar - 3:45:49

Middlesbrough? That's... Suprising. Neutral

I thought it would be the Wendies or the Blunts.
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by thornabyred Sat 13 Mar - 7:30:58

Probably goes back to the old days when we used to sort leeds out whenever we met them around the country.
Always plenty of chew with the old Boro Bot Boys,Frontline and the Gelderd lads.

Only had one bad do at leeds ground when they were hoying bricks over the wall into our fans waiting to get out, gates went and then all hell let loose and boro poured out into the leeds fans.
Remember once the coaches got ambushed near the town centre and one was surrounded by leeds fans trying to smash windows.Another 3 coaches pulled up behind, mostly blokes from clubs, leeds claret everywhere.

Personally couldnt give a toss about them, 2 brother in laws are leeds fans from being kids in the 70`s allthough they are Boro ST holders as well.
thornabyred
thornabyred

http://www.thornaby.org.uk,

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 13 Mar - 8:29:05

thornabyred wrote:Probably goes back to the old days when we used to sort leeds out whenever we met them around the country.
Always plenty of chew with the old Boro Bot Boys,Frontline and the Gelderd lads.

Only had one bad do at leeds ground when they were hoying bricks over the wall into our fans waiting to get out, gates went and then all hell let loose and boro poured out into the leeds fans.
Remember once the coaches got ambushed near the town centre and one was surrounded by leeds fans trying to smash windows.Another 3 coaches pulled up behind, mostly blokes from clubs, leeds claret everywhere.

Personally couldnt give a toss about them, 2 brother in laws are leeds fans from being kids in the 70`s allthough they are Boro ST holders as well.

Ah the good old days when a scrap or too wasn't a problem, when having a good swear , knicking scarves as trophies and being able to stand with your mates where and when you wanted in a ground.............jeez why can't we have them back again ? Sad
Surprised that you Weeds have a problem with Boro' though! scratch
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sat 13 Mar - 8:39:51

If there was a team i hate the most it would have to be leeds. dont know why though scratch
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by thornabyred Sat 13 Mar - 18:22:57

forgot about the scarves. Used to wear the weeks before as a trophy.
Had loads of them at one time from all the teams we used to play.
thornabyred
thornabyred

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 13 Mar - 18:49:53

MR NEGATIVE wrote:If there was a team i hate the most it would have to be leeds. dont know why though scratch

Must admit I hate Chelski with a vengeance, they have done most to put the game in such a perilous position financially.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 13 Mar - 18:53:24

thornabyred wrote:forgot about the scarves. Used to wear the weeks before as a trophy.
Had loads of them at one time from all the teams we used to play.

We used to wear them tied around our wrists as evidence that we had battered somebody. lol It sounds primeval in today's football context but few ever came to permanent harm, I too had a supply of opposition scarves in my bedroom at home strung across my bedroom wall. lol! lol! lol! lol!
My pride and joy were the 2 I managed to get off 2 hapless vistims at both White Hart Lane and Goodison Park in away cup matches.......happy days.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by thornabyred Sat 13 Mar - 20:50:54

west ham was my pride and joy
thornabyred
thornabyred

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 13 Mar - 21:08:24

thornabyred wrote:west ham was my pride and joy

Cost us a bit in replacing our own scarves too though ! It wasn't too often though, guess I was just lucky. lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ellandback Sun 14 Mar - 7:39:42

hoolahoop wrote: Surprised that you Weeds have a problem with Boro' though! scratch

Maybe I'm wrong, and the Boro thing is do with the bit of Leeds "territory" I'm from.
They've sort of crept down this way over the last few years. Neutral

Could also be that they've been in the Prem more recently than us ?

All I know is I LUV to beat them, and hate the other..... Evil or Very Mad
2ellandback
2ellandback
Leeds Utd Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by thornabyred Sun 14 Mar - 7:45:48

A lot of boro fans live around Harrogate.York and leeds. probably to do with Uni etc. Plus most of Southgates team live that way, Harrogate area especially. Only 30 mins drive to our training ground from there.
thornabyred
thornabyred

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ellandback Sun 14 Mar - 8:42:38

Ayup Thorney,

You're probably right, there do seem a lot of Boro' fans round here.

Let me tell you about a certain game, though of course you might have been there.

The year we went down from the Prem we played Boro' at ER end of Jan.
Boro were awful to be honest, but we were way worse and you beat us 3-0. I pretty much knew that day we were going to go down. Crying or Very sad

Funny thing is I'd taken my elder brother to the game as his birthday present. At the end of the match he says to me...
"Next year do me a favour and just send us a f**cking card." Laughing Laughing Laughing
2ellandback
2ellandback
Leeds Utd Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by thornabyred Mon 15 Mar - 3:22:27

Aye we were at that one. Parked up by the drovers in the housing estate.
Had 3 nephews with us.Brother in law is a leeds fan and we all went in Boro end. Expected chew after the game but none at all that game.
thornabyred
thornabyred

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Tue 16 Mar - 1:56:43

If were talking about Yorkshire clubs then Hudds are the tuppences who do me head in most...Generally a like all clubs from Gods Own County to do well aslong as their not above Leeds
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 17 Mar - 5:22:41

LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 wrote:If were talking about Yorkshire clubs then Hudds are the tuppences who do me head in most...Generally a like all clubs from Gods Own County to do well aslong as their not above Leeds

Hmmm that's like most of us at the moment, it must be doing your head in! lol! lol! lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Wed 17 Mar - 6:24:53

hoolahoop wrote:

Hmmm that's like most of us at the moment, it must be doing your head in! lol! lol! lol! lol!

lol!

Just waiting my time mate
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down