The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you rate your local media?

+3
The Wednesday
Shem_Swfc
MattyDRFC
7 posters

Go down

How do you rate your local media? Empty How do you rate your local media?

Post by MattyDRFC Tue 13 Oct - 0:31:48

How do you rate your clubs coverage in the media? As for Doncaster Rovers coverage here's my views on our local radio and Press coverage

BBC Radio Sheffield-Fantastic coverage always keep you informed whats going go on and always first for news and always have great coverage of our games.Keep up the good Work Paul,Seth,Andy and co you have probably got the best sports team in South yorkshire Rating 10 out of 10

Doncaster Free Press-Great news paper saying its only a weekly news paper and they always try to fit in all the match reports and team news as they can. Ratings 8 out of ten

Doncaster Star.Not a bad newspaper,but it needs a new rovers reporter as Steve Hossack always gets his facts wrong rating 6 out of 10

Trax Fm-Does not have licence to broadcast Live games,but they do there best with the Doncaster Rovers show and have match reports every game,Rating 7 out of 10

Hallam Fm-Same again They don't have licence to brodcast live matches,but still they have match reports every game and have the the rate and slate em phone in after the match.Ratings 7 out 10
MattyDRFC
MattyDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

How do you rate your local media? Empty Re: How do you rate your local media?

Post by Shem_Swfc Tue 13 Oct - 4:08:13

About BBC Radio Sheffield United. It should be blown up.

Hallam is alright though, though i like them for the parking at Hillsborough, so kind of them Very Happy
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Thu 15 Oct - 0:21:11

Radio Sheffield - Don't listen to in much anymore due to working on saturdays when we're away, but I've always rated it in the past, and don't have anything against it. All other Wednesday fans say they're biased towards United, but I honestly haven't noticed. 10/10

Sheffield Star - Don't get it anymore, but when I did I thought it was completely useless and a waste of trees. 0/10

Official site - No prombles whatsoever. 10/10

Look North - Absolutley pathetic excuse for local sports coverage. If the news isn't about Leeds they're not interested. 0/10

Don't listen to Hallam for football, but 10/10 for the actual station.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 15 Oct - 3:11:19

The Wednesday wrote:Radio Sheffield - Don't listen to in much anymore due to working on saturdays when we're away, but I've always rated it in the past, and don't have anything against it. All other Wednesday fans say they're biased towards United, but I honestly haven't noticed. 10/10

Sheffield Star - Don't get it anymore, but when I did I thought it was completely useless and a waste of trees. 0/10

Look North - Absolutley pathetic excuse for local sports coverage. If the news isn't about Leeds they're not interested. 0/10

Generally I think all our local clubs big and small get excellent coverage from all our broadcasters and the press. Our major problem is with our own site which gets 1/10 and that's just because it carries our logo. Pre and post matchdays , I always log into the oppositions sites for real and upto date info (Matty you were far too generous). Sad Sad
Forget Look Leeds another waste of time too!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Thu 15 Oct - 5:06:07

The Wednesday wrote:Radio Sheffield - Don't listen to in much anymore due to working on saturdays when we're away, but I've always rated it in the past, and don't have anything against it. All other Wednesday fans say they're biased towards United, but I honestly haven't noticed. 10/10

Haha Very Happy
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Thu 15 Oct - 5:20:50

Shem_Swfc wrote:Haha Very Happy

Thought you might like that Laughing
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by diggerman Thu 22 Oct - 8:15:02

BBC / ITV local sport - If it aint about Newcastle or Sunderland then they aint interested. Our local ITV channel is Tyne-Tees , should be called Tyne-Wear

Evening Gazette - The Boro coverage is ok i reckon - very fair
On other local stuff: they like a good scandal
diggerman
diggerman
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 22 Oct - 8:39:58

diggerman wrote:BBC / ITV local sport - If it aint about Newcastle or Sunderland then they aint interested. Our local ITV channel is Tyne-Tees , should be called Tyne-Wear

Evening Gazette - The Boro coverage is ok i reckon - very fair
On other local stuff: they like a good scandal

Same here, our local BBC news channel Look North should be renamed Look Leeds, enough to make you How do you rate your local media? 1
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Thu 22 Oct - 9:14:32

I think Radio Leeds is not too bad for coverage of town games and the Examiner is usually alright but other than that forget it. Like you say if it ain't about Leeds they don't care and we don't have a hope trying to get more coverage than them, they're too near!!!

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down