The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peterborough away

+6
East Yorks Rover
MR NEGATIVE
hoolahoop
superspy
pkt_drfc
yorkie64red
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Peterborough away - Page 3 Empty Re: Peterborough away

Post by hoolahoop Wed 17 Mar - 10:09:45

They do , what / who are they going to blame for their win I wonder ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 17 Mar - 10:14:14

hoolahoop wrote:They do , what / who are they going to blame for their win I wonder ?

I Know one thing Saturdays game against the Blades should be a cracker , cheers cheers cheers
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Wed 17 Mar - 10:41:41

hoolahoop wrote:They do , what / who are they going to blame for their win I wonder ?

Blackpool for daring to lose lol!

Billy because their strikers realise he's making them look silly and are striving to equal his goals?

Blackwell for not losing?

Take your pick
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Wed 17 Mar - 11:12:03

well guys, i dont think on the whole we were poor tonight, but there were 2 key things REALLY letting us down, especially in the first half.

1. osters passing was atrocious...im glad he got the goal, because to be perfectly honest he was useless today apart from that.

2. usually chambers is one of the best i have ever seen at killing a ball flying at him...today his first touch was very very poor, the number of times he put the ball out when trying to stop it dead near the line for a thrown in was unbelievable....until we got the first goal, then he came alive again.

BUT, the posh wanted it more than we did, obviously im completely chuffed at the result, but we didnt deserve it, every second ball they were on it quicker than we were, and pushing forward harder and faster than we were. that being said, its nice to win one we dont deserve for a change, as opposed to losing/drawing one we deserved to win.

we are goin up.

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 17 Mar - 11:19:15

Well we usually improve after a bad performance and lets hope saturday is a case in point, really looking forward to this one.. cheers
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Wed 17 Mar - 20:56:17

My team ratings.

sullivan 7 - Looked good and made a few decent saves.

Chambers 6 - ok in his own half however got is some good positions and gave the ball away.

Martis 7 - he was solid however kept playing long balls,hurt his hamstring in first half however it was ok after a bit.

Hird 7 - Im not a hird fan however solid as anything and looked really sharp.

Roberts 8 - Fantastic,led as a leader and got a great goal too. Very consistent this season.

Oster 6 - Reminds me of greeny,great player just gives ball away too often,nice to see him get a goal

Woods 8- Fantastic,got stuck in and put his head on the line when it mattered. Nice to see him back.

Jet 5 - I dont know whether he is good or crap,today he was crap. Slow and not intrested.

Sheils 5 - Deano was the same as jet,poor and didnt look intrested. Sad

Coppinger 7 - Had a good game and shone throughout,him and woods held the midfield together. Smile

Sharp - 6 Billy didnt have much to work on tonight,not a lot of service so difficult to give him a rating but i will give him a 6.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 17 Mar - 21:01:45

From what I've heard either on Player (when it worked Sad ) or from people attending the game was that we were generally very poor. A massive , undeserved 3 points gained IMO
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Wed 17 Mar - 21:04:57

Well we had our little spells where we played our best however thhey passed us of the park at times. The pitch was terrible and the ball had a extra bounce in it in the second half so..

I wont complain as we deserve a bit off luck.
This may have killed posh off now. Sad
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 17 Mar - 21:21:04

It was always going to be a difficult game and not the walkover that maybe we thought it would be, i'm just glad its out of the way and we got the points, onto saturday now..really can't wait all to play for as it is for the Blades.. Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Wed 17 Mar - 21:54:01

Yeah a derby and a fight to get that po spot. Smile
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 17 Mar - 22:13:38

MR NEGATIVE wrote:Yeah a derby and a fight to get that po spot. Smile

Just need to get some good results from the next few games and hopefully see the Blades slip up and cardiff start to drop a few points.. Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Wed 17 Mar - 23:38:49

in all honesty, i wouldnt say we were "very poor" last night, i just think peterborough were better.

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Thu 18 Mar - 3:59:47

No we were not very poor.
Peterbrough just wanted it more.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Thu 18 Mar - 5:23:24

hoolahoop wrote:From what I've heard either on Player (when it worked Sad ) or from people attending the game was that we were generally very poor. A massive , undeserved 3 points gained IMO

Falling into the same trap as those who lose against us Hoola, sometimes it is because the other team plays well that makes you look poor. Remember that this is a team that beat Sheff United and Watford in their last two games. Being at the bottom doesn't always mean you are rubbish.
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 18 Mar - 9:59:47

MR NEGATIVE wrote:No we were not very poor.
Peterbrough just wanted it more.

Well according to many of there fans we were the best team to visit there place so we can't have been that bad,
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Thu 18 Mar - 19:40:31

pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 18 Mar - 19:45:16

Cracking goal from Roberts, lets hope he can get another on saturday.. Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 20 Mar - 3:07:31

East Yorks Rover wrote:

Falling into the same trap as those who lose against us Hoola, sometimes it is because the other team plays well that makes you look poor. Remember that this is a team that beat Sheff United and Watford in their last two games. Being at the bottom doesn't always mean you are rubbish.

No I don't think so EY from what the lads have said who went we had 4 players definitely not playing at their best i.e Oster, JET, Chambers and Shiels. Admittedly Posh did play well but some of our lads were making continuous 'unforced' errors, that sort of standard will definitely put us at a major disadvantage in our next game won't it ? Btw a Posh fan at my works (who did go) commented that although he thought we were one of the best teams to go there this season , there were 3/4 not ''pulling their weight'' (his words not mine). That seems to be consistent with the view of our supporters comments above. A coincidence .........I think not! Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sat 20 Mar - 7:09:32

yeah.
Sheils had a shocker and i cannot belive how much of the ball he got without contributing.
Chambers got into great positions that were threats to posh however his delivery into the box was poor.
Jet did fook all and looked so lazy and unintrested.
oster gave the ball away a few times however he wasnt that bad,just not at his best.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 20 Mar - 7:15:57

MR NEGATIVE wrote:yeah.
Sheils had a shocker and i cannot belive how much of the ball he got without contributing.
Chambers got into great positions that were threats to posh however his delivery into the box was poor.
Jet did fook all and looked so lazy and unintrested.
oster gave the ball away a few times however he wasnt that bad,just not at his best.

Thank you MR.N. then that confirms what I said . 3/4 players making unforced errors/little positive contribution does not belittle the efforts of the Piosh . We simply weren't at our best and weren't forced into that position............a lucky escape.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sat 20 Mar - 7:18:09

Yeah.
we deserve a bit of luck though.
Im sick to the back teeth of playing a team off the park yet not getting 3 points,i have sympathy for the posh though.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 20 Mar - 7:22:27

MR NEGATIVE wrote:Yeah.
we deserve a bit of luck though.
Im sick to the back teeth of playing a team off the park yet not getting 3 points,i have sympathy for the posh though.

So have I, can think of at least 4 other teams worthy of relegation.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sat 20 Mar - 7:24:29

wednesday
scunny
plymouth
b.shitty
derby
qpr.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 20 Mar - 7:29:53

MR NEGATIVE wrote:wednesday
scunny
plymouth
b.shitty
derby
qpr.

Yes didn't think it through properly 5 possibly 6 but for a mate on here , I can't say I would be happy with Wednesday ............it would break his heart. lol! lol! lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sat 20 Mar - 7:34:21

yeah,none of em warrant a place in the ccc imho.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3