The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Gardeners at Rotherham

+3
The Wednesday
Dale BFC
NIGHTMARE
7 posters

Go down

More Gardeners at Rotherham Empty More Gardeners at Rotherham

Post by NIGHTMARE Sun 6 Sep - 22:31:05

http://www.themillers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10360~1789060,00.html

Rotherham United Football Club yesterday evening received a formal approach from Barnsley Football Club requesting permission to speak with John Breckin, Steve Taylor and Nick Daws.

All three were contacted individually by telephone and asked if they wished to speak with Barnsley FC

All three confirmed that they did and were simultaneously given permission and placed on 'gardening leave' until the outcome of their discussions is resolved.

Head of Youth Steve Thornber will take charge of first team affairs during the period of the current coaching staff's 'gardening leave' and will be assisted by senior professional Paul Warne and Chief Scout Alan Crawford.

The Board of Directors at Rotherham United Football Club will continue to work towards having these issues resolved and concluded at the earliest possible opportunity.
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

More Gardeners at Rotherham Empty Re: More Gardeners at Rotherham

Post by Dale BFC Sun 6 Sep - 22:47:54

Be some tidy gardens up Rotherham way
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Mon 7 Sep - 3:01:35

What do Barnsley fans think of Mark Robins? Do you want him as your manager? Who (realistically) would you prefer?
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by d1889t Mon 7 Sep - 3:02:55

Do the Barnsley fans think he's good enough for the demands of the Championship ie. higher wages, bigger egoes etc?
d1889t
d1889t
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 7 Sep - 3:37:38

I look at it this way were a small club in a fantastic league and i will be more then happy to watch decent football and stay in this league
and i know we are never going to get a top manager to take the job on the wage we are willing to pay. so we have to look at good up and coming managers and for me robins is one of the best young managers around so I'm more then happy to give him a chance .
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsleytilidie Mon 7 Sep - 4:46:26

The only way from where we are at the moment is up! Rolling Eyes
Barnsleytilidie
Barnsleytilidie
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 7 Sep - 6:59:24

Barnsleytilidie wrote:The only way from where we are at the moment is up! Rolling Eyes
How long you lot going to 'bottom feed ' then ? Very Happy Very Happy
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Chief Mon 7 Sep - 7:17:01

I would be happy for Mark Robins to take the job - he has done a great job at Rotherham and I reckon he deserves a chance at a higher level.

Some fans want Curbs or Jewell but there is no chance they would be a realistic option for us due to the wages they would demand. If we start paying what they want we would be in admin again. I also think they would leave for a "bigger" club once a job came up in future.

I just hope that Robbins is appointed now - I don't see how he can go back as the Rotherham fans are going to be mighty peeved that he has spoken to us.

I don't see it as a cheap option - I think he will want to prove himself.

Chief
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsleytilidie Mon 7 Sep - 7:34:28

hoolahoop wrote:
Barnsleytilidie wrote:The only way from where we are at the moment is up! Rolling Eyes

Dunno!...but I'm sure it won't be too long before we rise to regain our rightful place amongst the other giants of football...under Master Robins & co? Wink
Barnsleytilidie
Barnsleytilidie
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 7 Sep - 7:45:56

Barnsleytilidie wrote:
hoolahoop wrote:

Dunno!...but I'm sure it won't be too long before we rise to regain our rightful place amongst the other giants of football...under Master Robins & co? Wink
You could certainly do with a manager like Robins that's for sure. The Rotherscum will be crapping themsens. Sleep Sleep Sleep
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down