The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robins could raid Rotherham

+5
superspy
yorkie64red
hoolahoop
Shem_Swfc
NIGHTMARE
9 posters

Go down

Robins could raid Rotherham Empty Robins could raid Rotherham

Post by NIGHTMARE Fri 11 Sep - 5:00:03

Tykes boss may move for familiar faces

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5548441,00.html

New Barnsley boss Mark Robins has admitted he may look to sign players from his former club Rotherham.

The highly-rated coach was confirmed as the new manager at Oakwell on Wednesday, succeeding Simon Davey in the post.

He topped the Tykes' wish-list after impressing during a two-year spell with the Millers - his first managerial post.

Robins has been assured that he will be backed by the Barnsley board in his pursuit of fresh faces, and that could spell worrying news for his former charges.

"I might do, I might not," he said, when probed on whether he planned to launch a transfer raid on the Don Valley Stadium.

"If anybody is available who I feel can improve our team and our squad I will always be interested whether they are from Rotherham or whichever club.

"I'm sure money would be made available for new players as long as it fits in with our parameters.

"I'll always be interested in any player who could improve us, I'll be looking to make us better and if I'm not doing that I believe I'm not doing my job properly."
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Robins could raid Rotherham Empty Re: Robins could raid Rotherham

Post by Shem_Swfc Fri 11 Sep - 5:19:36

Wont be suprised to be honest, that La Fondre can score a few
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 11 Sep - 6:05:38

Shem_Swfc wrote:Wont be suprised to be honest, that La Fondre can score a few
I know I joked about your lot getting Robins but I think you will do a lot better with him, he is definitely going to be a top manager of the future IMO.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 11 Sep - 6:15:43

hoolahoop wrote:
I know I joked about your lot getting Robins but I think you will do a lot better with him, he is definitely going to be a top manager of the future IMO.

Robins is going to go from the Messiah to the anti-christ by the Rotherham faithful at this rate... Twisted Evil
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 11 Sep - 7:07:50

yorkie64red wrote:
hoolahoop wrote:

Robins is going to go from the Messiah to the anti-christ by the Rotherham faithful at this rate... Twisted Evil
Who cares about the Scum ?
We don't care about Roverum, we don't care about Leeds................................!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Fri 11 Sep - 10:55:58

hoolahoop wrote:

lets be honest, it would be difficult to do much worse. im just glad they got rid of davey so i dont have to listen to the dingles moaning about him every saturday

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Fri 11 Sep - 16:29:10

Spy don't be fooled its not the end

if where losing down at Watford at half time saturday it will be

we wont Robins out

your worse then simon davey your worse then simon davey

we want our simon back
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by chester Fri 11 Sep - 18:32:11

I think Robins could turn into a cracking good manager, he is a man manager and damn good team motivator, but, miracles dont happen over night and he had inherited Daveys crap (El Manure for one!) I hope he dont get Fondue from Rovveram cos we bought Oddjob from lower league as he was 'prolific' at that league and pants at this, we need proven players at this standard, We have Hume coming back and should be fully fit near enough for Blunts in November....Morgan...here he comes!!!!!
chester
chester
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by FevTyke Fri 11 Sep - 23:17:39

Nightmare wrote:Spy don't be fooled its not the end

we wont Robins out

we want our simon back

I'm thinking a protest outside Oakwell if we aren't out of the bottom 3 by the time we play Swansea Laughing
FevTyke
FevTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Fri 11 Sep - 23:49:21

FevTyke wrote:

we wont Robins out

we want our simon back

I'm thinking a protest outside Oakwell if we aren't out of the bottom 3 by the time we play Swansea Laughing

oh dear god.

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by FevTyke Sat 12 Sep - 1:23:47

superspy wrote:
FevTyke wrote:

we wont Robins out

we want our simon back

oh dear god.

I take it you missed the sarcasm in my post then superspy?
FevTyke
FevTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Sat 12 Sep - 1:53:17

not in the slighest, mine was sarcastic too :p

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by FevTyke Sat 12 Sep - 1:54:47

Laughing fair enough then.

Although you can't beat a good protest every now and then. Clears the soul.
FevTyke
FevTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 12 Sep - 1:58:16

There is going to be a lot of pressure on Robins, the fans are going to want quick results after the Davy reign, probably good that they are not at home on saturday, think he will do ok and at least they should not be struggling at the btm of the table come the end of the season.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Sat 12 Sep - 2:04:29

how ironic would it be if they went down this year though, lol

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 12 Sep - 2:10:36

Hope they don't , its a good division at the moment, would like to see as many yorkshire teams in it as possible, with the exception of one Laughing but it looks like they may be joining us this time round, i suppose he could end up been the Manager they have always been looking for or he could join the long list of failures they have had to put up with over the recent years.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by FevTyke Sat 12 Sep - 2:18:42

yorkie64red wrote:Hope they don't , its a good division at the moment, would like to see as many yorkshire teams in it as possible, with the exception of one Laughing but it looks like they may be joining us this time round, i suppose he could end up been the Manager they have always been looking for or he could join the long list of failures they have had to put up with over the recent years.

I can't decide if I want Leeds back or not. On one hand, it's a great atmosphere when we play them, and a nice feeling when we beat them Very Happy but on the other hand, I live and work in West Yorkshire, so I imagine it would be unbearable if they beat us.
FevTyke
FevTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 12 Sep - 2:27:48

FevTyke wrote:
yorkie64red wrote:Hope they don't , its a good division at the moment, would like to see as many yorkshire teams in it as possible, with the exception of one Laughing but it looks like they may be joining us this time round, i suppose he could end up been the Manager they have always been looking for or he could join the long list of failures they have had to put up with over the recent years.

I can't decide if I want Leeds back or not. On one hand, it's a great atmosphere when we play them, and a nice feeling when we beat them Very Happy but on the other hand, I live and work in West Yorkshire, so I imagine it would be unbearable if they beat us.

I know what you mean i work with some and they really are a bitter lot when they lose, having said that the ones i work with never actually go to any games, i actually did enjoy the games we played against them, one in particular.. lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Sat 12 Sep - 5:23:32

i work with a few aswell, in fact, i think there are only 2 rovers fans in the entire bakery, me and my dad, so we are a bit outnumbered.

i dont think i could bare the thought of them beating us for the abuse i'd get, whereas as it stands, i can just give them shit for being a league lower than us... im happy them staying where they are Very Happy

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 12 Sep - 9:00:45

superspy wrote:i work with a few aswell, in fact, i think there are only 2 rovers fans in the entire bakery, me and my dad, so we are a bit outnumbered.

i dont think i could bare the thought of them beating us for the abuse i'd get, whereas as it stands, i can just give them shit for being a league lower than us... im happy them staying where they are Very Happy
Do without them personally.........they can rot for me. Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinwhiteduke Sat 12 Sep - 19:03:35

Barnsley ill be relegated with Robins at the helm. Watch this space.
Thinwhiteduke
Thinwhiteduke
Pride Of Yorkshire

http://www.twitter.com/DaveBatch

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Sat 12 Sep - 19:32:48

Thinwhiteduke wrote:Barnsley ill be relegated with Robins at the helm. Watch this space.

Completely disagree, good manager, a bit of activity in the Xmas window and an escape a bit like ours last year. I don't want the Dingles to go down, just think of all those points promised in the future! sunny sunny
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinwhiteduke Sun 13 Sep - 1:55:38

East Yorks Rover wrote:
Thinwhiteduke wrote:Barnsley ill be relegated with Robins at the helm. Watch this space.

Completely disagree, good manager, a bit of activity in the Xmas window and an escape a bit like ours last year. I don't want the Dingles to go down, just think of all those points promised in the future! sunny sunny

I dont want them to go down either, but Im convinced Robins will do just that - take 'em down.

What convinces you Robins is a good manager? He's a fiar League 2 Manager with a side that expects little - thats bout it. Its a massive step to The Championship.

Can he handle the better players? The bigger personalitites? Or will he want to bring in his Rotherham chums who, quite simply, will not be good enough for Championship football?
Thinwhiteduke
Thinwhiteduke
Pride Of Yorkshire

http://www.twitter.com/DaveBatch

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 13 Sep - 2:05:43

Thinwhiteduke wrote:
East Yorks Rover wrote:

I dont want them to go down either, but Im convinced Robins will do just that - take 'em down.

What convinces you Robins is a good manager? He's a fiar League 2 Manager with a side that expects little - thats bout it. Its a massive step to The Championship.

Can he handle the better players? The bigger personalitites? Or will he want to bring in his Rotherham chums who, quite simply, will not be good enough for Championship football?

I think he will either work miracles or be a disaster, don't think there will be anything inbetween, if they don't start to show signs of improvement then the fans will soon start getting on his back, he has alot to prove.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 13 Sep - 2:17:53

Oops Watford Winning.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content