The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened today lads ?

4 posters

Go down

What happened today lads ? Empty What happened today lads ?

Post by hoolahoop Sun 18 Apr - 5:19:07

Jeez you make it hard for yourselves don't you, top of Prem. and Div.1 now looks so tight. Both these Divisions can go any way, they are so close to call!
Udders lelp you one day then you destroy the opportunity the next, I bet you're seething. Shocked Shocked Shocked
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

What happened today lads ? Empty Re: What happened today lads ?

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Sun 18 Apr - 5:21:55

Weve been doing this all season. Someone kindly helps us out only for us to go and fuck it up. With tuesday night being the only exception

Only positive is, thats still in our own hands, mind you we started to play well again when we went to 4th
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 18 Apr - 5:30:57

LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 wrote:Weve been doing this all season. Someone kindly helps us out only for us to go and fuck it up. With tuesday night being the only exception

Only positive is, thats still in our own hands, mind you we started to play well again when we went to 4th

True, following your progress this season that has been my observation. You seem to go from the sublime to the ridiculous, that sort of thing will mean you will struggle should you reach the bigger League where we ply our trade.
Grayson will need to find not only better players but plenty with a better work ethic to survive, are you ready yet to join the big boys do you think ? Wink Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Sun 18 Apr - 6:31:51

hoolahoop wrote:

True, following your progress this season that has been my observation. You seem to go from the sublime to the ridiculous, that sort of thing will mean you will struggle should you reach the bigger League where we ply our trade.
Grayson will need to find not only better players but plenty with a better work ethic to survive, are you ready yet to join the big boys do you think ? What happened today lads ? Icon_wink What happened today lads ? Icon_smile

Really is a tough one mate. When we do play we look class. Like the performance against Carlisle if we could put something like that week in week out i reckon we could definetly get a comfterble mid table finish in't championship...but IF we do go up who knows what will happen. like Leicster last season we drew with them at home and lost from a last miniute corner away and weve signed alot more quality players since that game...Gradel, Kisnorbo, Higgs, Collins all come to mind

All about being consistent which is really what weve struggled with this year
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 18 Apr - 6:50:32

LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 wrote:

Really is a tough one mate. When we do play we look class. Like the performance against Carlisle if we could put something like that week in week out i reckon we could definetly get a comfterble mid table finish in't championship...but IF we do go up who knows what will happen. like Leicster last season we drew with them at home and lost from a last miniute corner away and weve signed alot more quality players since that game...Gradel, Kisnorbo, Higgs, Collins all come to mind

All about being consistent which is really what weve struggled with this year

Pleased you spotted the Wink and didn't give me a tirade about your past history. You've gone up in my estimation, pleased to have a good poster that reads the posts properly. Cool
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Sun 18 Apr - 6:56:27

hoolahoop wrote:

Pleased you spotted the What happened today lads ? Icon_wink and didn't give me a tirade about your past history. You've gone up in my estimation, pleased to have a good poster that reads the posts properly. What happened today lads ? Icon_cool

Leeds fans who say "we have a divine right to be in't prem" probably do me head in just about as much as yours.
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 18 Apr - 7:05:39

Leeds fans who say "we have a divine right to be in't prem" probably do me head in just about as much as yours.

lol! lol! lol! lol! Ours haven't a divine right in fact we've never been there unlike yours ...........maybe one day (dreams wistfully)
We know our place but it is getting better each year but that does (like Manure and Chelski) inspire obvious envy. Cool Cool
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Sun 18 Apr - 7:16:14

hoolahoop wrote:

What happened today lads ? Lol What happened today lads ? Lol What happened today lads ? Lol What happened today lads ? Lol Ours haven't a divine right in fact we've never been there unlike yours ...........maybe one day (dreams wistfully)
We know our place but it is getting better each year but that does (like Manure and Chelski) inspire obvious envy. What happened today lads ? Icon_cool What happened today lads ? Icon_cool

A Yorkshire invaision on't prem will happen one day

I do have respect for clubs like Donny who have come so far in recent years and would i be right in saying its all been done on a fairly small budget?
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 18 Apr - 7:27:36

I do have respect for clubs like Donny who have come so far in recent years and would i be right in saying its all been done on a fairly small budget?

I think you could say that...our most expensive player Matt Mills cost 300K.. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 18 Apr - 7:29:12

It's been done on a minimum budget but we have had a great Board headed up by the great JR who have helped with funding. Results per. £ spent have been remarkable and thanks for the respect fella , I only wish that some of your fans had given us that credit at Wemberlee.
Like you we have had some really bad times over the years never ever reaching your heights but in our own way achieving way beyond our dreams.
Unfortunately the Prem is virtually now closing it's doors to CCC clubs with the 'Parachute' payments fiasco, I fear it's a lock out now for all our Yorkshireclubs. Mad Mad Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Sun 18 Apr - 7:37:34

hoolahoop wrote:

It's been done on a minimum budget but we have had a great Board headed up by the great JR who have helped with funding. Results per. £ spent have been remarkable and thanks for the respect fella , I only wish that some of your fans had given us that credit at Wemberlee.
Like you we have had some really bad times over the years never ever reaching your heights but in our own way achieving way beyond our dreams.
Unfortunately the Prem is virtually now closing it's doors to CCC clubs with the 'Parachute' payments fiasco, I fear it's a lock out now for all our Yorkshireclubs. What happened today lads ? Icon_mad What happened today lads ? Icon_mad What happened today lads ? Icon_mad

Well for months after that particular game Donny were one of the last clubs i would give respect to (but thats just being bitter) But always said you deserved it. Only question is how did it only end 1-0!!!

Should of been Forest/Carlisle you played in that final anyway...fucking Mawhinney What happened today lads ? Icon_evil
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 18 Apr - 7:42:42

Well for months after that particular game Donny were one of the last clubs i would give respect to (but thats just being bitter) But always said you deserved it. Only question is how did it only end 1-0!!!
Should of been Forest/Carlisle you played in that final anyway...fucking Mawhinney What happened today lads ? Icon_evil

We didn't play Lewis Guy... lol! lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sun 18 Apr - 7:46:10

yorkie64red wrote:

We didn't play Lewis Guy... lol! lol!

He came off the bench but he was saving himself for the first game of the Championship lol! lol!
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 18 Apr - 7:47:24

VixDRFC wrote:

He came off the bench but he was saving himself for the first game of the Championship lol! lol!

And he didn't dissapoint... cheers
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down