The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lack of ambition.

+2
VixDRFC
football-fan.
6 posters

Go down

Lack of ambition. Empty Lack of ambition.

Post by football-fan. Thu 13 May - 7:53:10

Can i just ask.
where is our ambition?

Jason Shackell was a proven gem at this club and we let him slip like we do with everyone,yes 1 player does not make a team but im sorry but if we cant compete with barnsley then we have no chance of getting our targets as every ccc club will snatch them away from us,who are we kidding seriously,billy wont be a rover next season as it is pretty simple and plain obvious we dont have the money.

So yet again we will have to sign lower leauge players and can i just say thats not what we want,we want proven players and i cant see us getting them if im honest,so if we lose roberts 1 of our most experienced player then lets be honest what do we have. 1 Striker at the club who will probally be lucky to get 180 miniutes under his belt next season. Oh and fairhurst.

Our most influental midfielder john oster has a number of clubs intrested and i can see us losing him when the cash is flashed. Stock our captain has a dodgy back and is far to injury prone so i am not expecting much of him. (only reason he is still at donny)

Our youth setup is crap and to be honest can someone tell me 1 player who has been a class act in the last few years other than green.

Jr keeps talking about more st holders but im sorry but many wont be renewing unless you and the board pull your hand out of your pocket.

stop looking in the lower leauges of england and scotland and sign someone proven at this level or we are in brown stuff.

destination leauge 1 i think.

bloody marvelous.
football-fan.
football-fan.
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Lack of ambition. Empty Re: Lack of ambition.

Post by VixDRFC Thu 13 May - 9:00:54

I don't mean to be rude but you need to grow up! I don't care where we get players from as long as they have the potential and want to play for us. Yes SOD has said he'd have liked to have kept Shackell but there has been no indication we actually tried to sign him and looking back maybe that notion went out of the window when we signed Martis. If Lockwood signs we have 4 centre-backs yet only one right back and a player who can play right/left back so there are more important issues to be addressed

I think Shackell would have been an excellent signing for us and Barnsley have got a great player but he was never ours so we need to move on

Maybe we won't sign Sharp, maybe he'll go to Derby or stay with the Blades. I have confidence we will sign players who will do a job for us, even if they do come from the Scottish leagues or elsewhere. I watched Seamus Coleman play yesterday and I'd have loved to have him for Rovers but he went to Everton from Sligo Rovers. I'd LOVE to see the reaction on here if we signed someone from Sligo Rovers lol!

Forest had a team full of 'proven' players and they're still starting where we are next season

If you want knee jerk reactions then just no further than Rovers fans
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Thu 13 May - 9:08:45

And to top of the night for me Vikki was Wellens Blubbering
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Thu 13 May - 9:24:17

I'm sorry - i forgot - I quoted Sad
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Thu 13 May - 9:26:10

Do you really need me to answer that Very Happy Very Happy drunken drunken drunken
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Thu 13 May - 9:38:03

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The question is... which pub?
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 13 May - 16:55:33

Well i have heard it on Radio Dee Daa this morning from Sods own lips that Doncaster put a bid in for Shackell that was agreed but at the last minuite Barnsley came in with an increased offer of wages which Doncaster were not prepared to match, so at least it shows we have got some ambition just not prepared to get the club into Debt to do it.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 14 May - 0:46:33

yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Fri 14 May - 2:19:43

Id of thought to go from non league to a decent championship team in fuck all time you'd be made up?
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 14 May - 2:23:09

we are, we go through this every season and we always end up signing some quality players, its just the way Doncaster operate, you would think we would be used to it by now. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Fri 14 May - 2:26:25

Sure is better than way we operate...hide all our money then build a hotel in a shithole
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 14 May - 7:45:24

That reminds me that holiday needs booking at Beeston del Mar. Laughing
We have probably £ for £ the best management and Board in the whole league but Rovers supporters have the ''half empty'' mentality. We always have and always will I'm afraid, if we won the Champions League and missed out on the World Club Championship .............we would be fooked off and mithering about what exactly went wrong!!
We have climbed from obscurity to a respectable position and it is still not considered enough by many.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Fri 14 May - 8:42:21

Looked like they were doing some ground tests there yesterday mate
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 15 May - 2:21:08

VixDRFC wrote:Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The question is... which pub?

All of them.... drunken
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 15 May - 2:29:10

Yey the quote bit is fixed
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 15 May - 2:38:34

pkt_drfc wrote:Yey the quote bit is fixed

At long last, that really was a pain... Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 15 May - 5:50:58

Anybody for a pint toneet ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 15 May - 9:00:34

hoolahoop wrote:Anybody for a pint toneet ?

Would love one, trouble is i'm 45 miles away in Chesterfield, don't forget we are going out tommorow night to the Brook. drunken
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down