The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barnsley win 2 - 0 at york. Andy Gray both goals. Leeds lose 4-0 at bury with a strong side out, bi

+4
hoolahoop
NIGHTMARE
Barnsley Army
Ronnie Glavin
8 posters

Go down

Barnsley win 2 - 0 at york. Andy Gray both goals. Leeds lose 4-0 at bury with a strong side out, bi  Empty Barnsley win 2 - 0 at york. Andy Gray both goals. Leeds lose 4-0 at bury with a strong side out, bi

Post by Ronnie Glavin Wed 21 Jul - 8:26:11

Nice warm up 2 -0 ok no injuries i dont think. Shocked at Leeds score with side they had out.

Ronnie Glavin
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Barnsley win 2 - 0 at york. Andy Gray both goals. Leeds lose 4-0 at bury with a strong side out, bi  Empty Re: Barnsley win 2 - 0 at york. Andy Gray both goals. Leeds lose 4-0 at bury with a strong side out, bi

Post by Barnsley Army Wed 21 Jul - 9:45:42

just got back from the game, il do a lil write up if ya couldnt make it and might wonder how it went?

ok, after a easy drive to the ground it was hard to find a car parking spot due to all the parking being permit holders only or a max of 1hour stay, after asking a nice police officer (lol) he directed us to a 15minute walk away car park and all was well! got to the ground and decided to choose the standing up area as the seating area looked a lil small and full of old needy people lol. game kicks off and we start with a 4-5-1 of
STEELE - MCEVELEY - SHACKELL - FOSTER - HASSELL - DEVANEY - DOYLE - LOVRE - O'BRIEN - HUME - GRAY. the home team start off ok and we take a little time to settle until a cross comes in from HUME knocked down by FOSTER and smashed into the top left hand corner by none other than ANDY GRAY lol yeah i couldnt believe it either!! Excellent finish!!
York have a few little chances but other than that we pass the ball round nice and movement looks really good! HALF TIME
Second half kicks off and York have made around 4-5 subs including a few trialists, Barnsley make no changes.
Not much early chances from the reds but steele is forced into a few saves and does well to keep it a clean sheet!
Ball goes through for devaney and hume is alongside with 2on1 and disco tries taking it himself instead of putting through a free hume and messes up the chance!
The second goal comes when hume nicks the ball and delivers a perfect cross onto gray's head and with a little help from the post its 2-0 and game over! Barnsley change dickinson for gray and adam for hume. a couple of little chances either way but nothing really concrete and thats it! a decent yorkshire friendly and everybody in red is happy Smile attendance is around 1300 i think with 595 of them barnsley Smile

hope thats ok for ya guys gives ya a little insight into the game if ya couldnt make it, i know its very brief etc but its most of the best bits lol.

now onto performances and areas of improvement from my pov.
steele - seemed a little dodgy with a few touches etc but was there to save the efforts when we needed him 8/10
mceveley - looks to be a decent left back all in all, strong in his challenges and decent passer of the ball 8/10
foster - looked ok but alongside shackell its unfair to compare really 7/10
shackell - absolutely delighted that we have got him after seeing him today! such a worthy captain! was the best player on the pitch for me, won every ball he went for, every header and commanded the defence 10/10* M.O.M
hassell - everybody loves bobby but imho i think we need a new right back, 10/10 for effort but not enough pace and is the old us 6/10
devaney - again like hassell hes a fans favourite but i think its time for him to move on or at most be a squad player, glimpses of greatness but greedyness and cockyness gives him 6/10
lovre - been waiting since the day we signed him to see him play and i think hes gunna be a massive key player for us this season! got great vision and passes the ball well, i will add that he was caught out a couple of times and a few heavy touches etc but hey hes new to england so i wont worry yet! 7/10
doyle - had a solid game in the centre and spread the ball well, worked hard 8/10
o'brien - another signing i was excited to see play and he didnt disappoint, real hard worker this guy and likes to get the ball moving! 8/10
hume - great to see him getting back to fitness and didnt stop running all game! made the second goal all himself by tracking back and perfect delivery 9/10
gray - we all know how bad he can be at times but he was pretty good today tbh, looked on the game and got in the areas to score two really nice goals! 9/10

subs - dickinson - didnt really get enough time to do anything but looked ok the little ball time he had 6/10
adam - again like dickinson not enough time to judge 6/10

all in all a good reds performance and a deserved 2-0 victory!

1 thing id like to add is the pass and move we are implementing looks exciting and if the team gels quickly i expect a really good season ahead!

finally lol imo we need 3 more players to complete our 1st team
RIGHT BACK - LEFT WING (maybe hammill?) - STRIKER

peace out Wink

Barnsley Army
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Barnsley win 2 - 0 at york. Andy Gray both goals. Leeds lose 4-0 at bury with a strong side out, bi  Empty Re: Barnsley win 2 - 0 at york. Andy Gray both goals. Leeds lose 4-0 at bury with a strong side out, bi

Post by NIGHTMARE Thu 22 Jul - 4:18:10

fuck me 595 for a friendly aka training, and we can't get 350 for bristol cardiff swansea ipswich in the league the mind boggles,
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 22 Jul - 6:00:30

York is a lot nearer NIGHTY and not all us fans can allocate the time of funds to travelling long distances like your lass lets you do!!
Sounds like a decent win, are you happier now ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by thornabyred Fri 23 Jul - 6:29:55

used to do good pie and mushy peas in the corner of the away end.
Anyone going for games there would be better parking in the streets near the back of Yorkshire Museum gardens. Only 10 or 15 min walk and then into the club for a snifter.
thornabyred
thornabyred

http://www.thornaby.org.uk,

Back to top Go down

Post by shawcross blue Fri 23 Jul - 6:58:46

see ya saturday barnsley! 3-1 town.
where is best for a pre match pint or three???
shawcross blue
shawcross blue
Huddersfield Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Fri 23 Jul - 7:20:07

in town if you don't wear colours
sports center near ground if you do
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by shawcross blue Fri 23 Jul - 8:00:16

thinking about coming to the game if my lad aint playing for his team.
fancy a meet up anyone?
shawcross blue
shawcross blue
Huddersfield Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Fri 23 Jul - 8:02:51

I'm not going to the game pal i'm in blackpool for the darts
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by shawcross blue Fri 23 Jul - 8:14:44

Batley Frontier for darts mate. not sure of dates but Barney and co are there. will put a link on with more details.
shawcross blue
shawcross blue
Huddersfield Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsley Army Fri 23 Jul - 9:08:49

3-1 town haha i admire your confidence but that aint gunna be the score by a long way!! Smile ya will be lucky to score and if ya do it wont be many!

im goin for 1-0 reds or 2-0 Wink

Barnsley Army
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnie Glavin Sat 24 Jul - 5:06:17

YOu should enjoy day Shawcross blue but hopefully not the result

Ronnie Glavin
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by shawcross blue Sat 24 Jul - 6:47:40

I will my barnsley buddies! still sticking with my prediction though!!!!
shawcross blue
shawcross blue
Huddersfield Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnie Glavin Sat 24 Jul - 7:20:09

Lets see who has the bragging rights tomorrow Laughing Razz Embarassed WE got a foreign striker on trial playing tomorrow let me know what you think too him Shawcross blue as im working and being a nuetral to our players hope you will give honest opinion.

Ronnie Glavin
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by DoncasterTyke Sat 24 Jul - 7:37:45

2-2 draw i think.

I went on Tuesday, first oppertunity ive had to post comething. I think Tuesday is something to build on. It was a clean sheet and a win. Hume needs to learn how to finish QUICK and if Gray plays like that week in week out ill be happy enough. I think people need to remember that that was a new side and need time to gel this pre season, so they shouldn't expect miricles.

I will say that the team look really committed and there was plenty of passion. It was nice to see, ive got good vibes!

Devaney was very good but greedy.
Shackell looks very very good, and a good captain.
Lovre had a slow start but grew into the game. Again he needs time to get used to the English game and gel with the team.
Doyle was cack.
Hume couldn't hit a barn door. He will eventually.
O'Brien was slow to start with but grew into the game like Lovre.

We will come good im sure.
DoncasterTyke
DoncasterTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnie Glavin Sat 24 Jul - 8:58:50

Sounds like the trialist is Spanish as Colace was showing him around. Its all hush hush by the sounds of it. Should not be here :cry Cool

Ronnie Glavin
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by DoncasterTyke Sat 24 Jul - 9:05:22

Hope its that Nino kid. He looks decent him!
DoncasterTyke
DoncasterTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by shawcross blue Sun 25 Jul - 3:19:28

well i got the score correct! 3-1 Barnsley was a tad harsh on the town.
shawcross blue
shawcross blue
Huddersfield Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsley Army Sun 25 Jul - 4:00:30

if you went to the game then your obviously living in a dream world! we absolutely battered you in the 1st half n i dont think you had a touch until gone 20mins, today was a warm up game for us both and we both made alot of subs second half and thats the only reason you scored! good game all round and good luck in the coming season!

Barnsley Army
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by DoncasterTyke Sun 25 Jul - 7:47:00

The only reason they scored is because feking Preece was in goal!
DoncasterTyke
DoncasterTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by shawcross blue Tue 27 Jul - 6:49:47

The winger battered us! A positive for us was Theo netting one at the end as he is a confidence player.
Back 4 and goalie are reserve players, so we always were going to let goals in.
good luck for the new season Tykes. hope you do well.
shawcross blue
shawcross blue
Huddersfield Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by DoncasterTyke Tue 27 Jul - 8:53:44

Liekwise mate. Its your season.
DoncasterTyke
DoncasterTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by football-fan. Tue 27 Jul - 9:05:52

They hope.
football-fan.
football-fan.
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down