The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sheffield Clubs...

3 posters

Go down

Sheffield Clubs... Empty Sheffield Clubs...

Post by yorkie64red Thu 11 Nov - 6:20:44

Is it as bad as these people think... scratch .....yep it probably is.... Smile

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=463&fid=221&sty=2&act=1&mid=2119560036
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Sheffield Clubs... Empty Re: Sheffield Clubs...

Post by yorkie64red Thu 11 Nov - 6:58:42

Oh dear Blades losing.... Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 11 Nov - 7:23:31

Not long now till Sheffield FC is the top dog in Sheffield
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 11 Nov - 8:41:24

Oh dear...Blades were winning , Liecester just equalise in the 92nd minuite....so near yet so far... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 11 Nov - 20:52:48

These 2 clubs remind me of the old Soviet Union navy..........rusting hulks for stadia, living in the past, unable to pay their staff, dejected, losing their best weaponry and now paying for the excesses of the past.
Basically toothless and their people no longer care!!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 11 Nov - 21:32:31

hoolahoop wrote:These 2 clubs remind me of the old Soviet Union navy..........rusting hulks for stadia, living in the past, unable to pay their staff, dejected, losing their best weaponry and now paying for the excesses of the past.

Not just the soviet navy, I used to go to Berlin on what was then the British Military Train and travelling through some of those East German cities was a total eyeopener,tower blocks everywhere, rusting steam engines in the sidings the less rusty ones still in service! Double decker railway carriages, Pull into stations and they would quickly open up the cigerette kiosk one of the locals would go up and buy 200 marlboro just to walk round to the door of the kiosk and hand them back Surprised East German and Russian Guards patrolling up and down the outside of the train supposedly to stop us jumping off the train Shocked (I tend to think it just may have been to stop the locals jumping on Laughing )

We were just as bad though pull into the main stations and we would be sat in the dining car, 3 course meals, waiter service.
We once got followed round a large department store in East Berlin by a Russian, typical looking KGB job he got totally pissed off the 3rd time we went up to the top floor on the escalator and waved at him as we past him on the upside as we went back down
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 12 Nov - 8:20:12

I thought that you were describing Sheffield until I re-read your post Daggers.
My Dad also made this trip whilst in the Forces and told me a very similar tale.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 12 Nov - 8:21:54

hoolahoop wrote:These 2 clubs remind me of the old Soviet Union navy..........rusting hulks for stadia, living in the past, unable to pay their staff, dejected, losing their best weaponry and now paying for the excesses of the past.

Actually thats very good... Laughing Laughing Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 12 Nov - 8:25:51

yorkie64red wrote:

Actually thats very good... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thank you, anybody got a log-in for Bladesmad, I'm sure they will appreciate the Iron-y of it all. What does da think ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 12 Nov - 8:38:02

hoolahoop wrote:I thought that you were describing Sheffield until I re-read your post Daggers.
My Dad also made this trip whilst in the Forces and told me a very similar tale.

I used to travel on that train quite a lot late 70's to early mid 80's presumably your Dad used to go on it a bit earlier than that unless of course the age you used have under your avatar was real............but I have this sneaking suspicion............... Smile
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 12 Nov - 9:12:44

Dagenham Rover wrote:

I used to travel on that train quite a lot late 70's to early mid 80's presumably your Dad used to go on it a bit earlier than that unless of course the age you used have under your avatar was real............but I have this sneaking suspicion............... Smile

Mid-Late 60's Daggers and no I wasn't that soldier! Smile and what was that sneaking suspicion you had ?

Ex-wife's uncle also spent a lot of time there , he was fluent in both German, French and Russian and was part of the Catering Corps. Wink He always had the best of vodkas which he traded with his opposite number. Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 12 Nov - 9:47:59

Must have been a good posting for him on that train.
We used to go over to what was then East Berlin on shopping trips (actually an excuse to have some cheep beers and a damn good nosh up) we were supposed to change west marks to east marks at the rate of one for one, but one of the lads was knocking about with a german lass who used to change them up at the civilian rate for us. it made a damn cheap day out
6 of us once went in what was one of the best hotels in the east had a 3 course meal 2 bottles of wine with each course, stuff all flambayed at the table etc all served by the head waiter cos he spoke english but only admitted to yes and no (more than his job was worth) We were quite safe in the knowledge that the pissed ramblings of 6 british squaddies were being recorded (christ I would have loved to have known what the kgb made of that tape) cost just less than a fiver each Laughing
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 12 Nov - 10:06:35

I think you missed it Daggers, he was posted there (not the train) and ghosted in and out of the sectors as I understand it.
Fluency in those 3 languages gives it away ..........doesn't it ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 12 Nov - 14:31:38

Wiyh you, still a decent posting though
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down