The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swansea next up...

+4
the vicar
pkt_drfc
hoolahoop
yorkie64red
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Swansea next up... - Page 3 Empty Re: Swansea next up...

Post by yorkie64red Sun 21 Nov - 4:42:09

So near yet so far.... Crying or Very sad
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Sun 21 Nov - 4:58:53

y do we swich off at thew end

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 21 Nov - 5:02:40

the vicar wrote:y do we swich off at thew end

Don't know..another minuite and we would have won it, so disappointing....oh well onto the next one...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 21 Nov - 5:11:57

And why did we switch up a gear when the levelled always happens they deserved there goal we was under the cosh for 95% of the game
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 21 Nov - 5:18:01

pkt_drfc wrote:And why did we switch up a gear when the levelled always happens they deserved there goal we was under the cosh for 95% of the game

Don't know about that but you can always tell when we are going to concede a goal.... No No No
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 21 Nov - 5:22:59

pkt_drfc wrote:And why did we switch up a gear when the levelled always happens they deserved there goal we was under the cosh for 95% of the game

Pete you must have been at a completely different game to me , are you sure you were at the KMS ???? Shocked Shocked Shocked
Their goal was deserved but we also had a lot of near misses, 3-1 would have been fairer. I will make you an appointment for an Opthalmist on Monday ok.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 21 Nov - 5:25:45

Of i was at the F**KING GAME my opnion we are shite at defending F**KING leads what do you want me to say ok then What a game of footy bloody best game ever
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 21 Nov - 5:30:23

pkt_drfc wrote:Of i was at the F**KING GAME my opnion we are shite at defending F**KING leads what do you want me to say ok then What a game of footy bloody best game ever

WTF ? Shocked
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 21 Nov - 5:58:02

So have we got to praise our team all the time even though we have an inability to defend leads so we can never say stuff like i don't know lets try why did we only kick into 2nd gear when they equalised why did we not get that 2nd goal when we had ample oppertunaties to we invited pressure all the game. JUST MY OPNION YES I DID GO TO THE GAME
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 21 Nov - 6:10:29

Anybody Question Question
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 21 Nov - 6:11:49

pkt_drfc wrote:Anybody Question Question

Theres only me here..... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 21 Nov - 6:18:08

Well can you answer the things i have asked above
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 21 Nov - 6:21:31

pkt_drfc wrote:So have we got to praise our team all the time even though we have an inability to defend leads so we can never say stuff like i don't know lets try why did we only kick into 2nd gear when they equalised why did we not get that 2nd goal when we had ample oppertunaties to we invited pressure all the game. JUST MY OPNION YES I DID GO TO THE GAME

Well for what its worth, i didn't think we were that bad today, swansea for me was the better side in the first half and we edged it in the second apart from the last minuite of course , thought quite a few of our players had a decent game, stock for one and Oster had a cracker, at the start of today i would have taken a point but it was gut wrenching to let them get back into it in the last minuite or so and you could see it coming , it was never going to be an easy ride today and we were always going to be at our very best , all we can do is hope we learn from mistakes and try not to let them happen again, we have had some bloody hard games in the past few weeks and got a decent return from them, again just my opinion... Wink
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 21 Nov - 6:25:08

We have only managed 3 clean sheets out of the 18 games this season which are Preston, Leeds, and Sheff Utd so shows we can not defend and i could not blame it on Martis today
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 21 Nov - 6:29:52

pkt_drfc wrote:We have only managed 3 clean sheets out of the 18 games this season which are Preston, Leeds, and Sheff Utd so shows we can not defend and i could not blame it on Martis today

Thing is Pete it is a very tight division this year and not sure how many of the other sides in the championship have kept clean sheets , the way i see it is that we are scoring goals many a side that does that also concedes, you either defend all game and don't score or you attack all the time, think we are somewhere in the middle...we are still in seventh and looking at palace today should get a result next weekend to keep the momentum going...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 21 Nov - 6:34:47

Yes i take that all in Bri but my question is WHY we said this last week at Pompey when we was 2-0 up and we suddenly went back into our shell and of course they equalised we obviously got the winner. That we can not keep doing what we are doing in relation to getting leads and letting the other team back in.
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 21 Nov - 6:37:48

pkt_drfc wrote:Yes i take that all in Bri but my question is WHY we said this last week at Pompey when we was 2-0 up and we suddenly went back into our shell and of course they equalised we obviously got the winner. That we can not keep doing what we are doing in relation to getting leads and letting the other team back in.

Well i agree with you there, we do seem to sit back and let teams get back into the game....and god knows what the answer is, but Sod must see it and needs to get it sorted, we had no need to lose that game today or conced those two goals at pompey..just sloppiness on our part.. Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 21 Nov - 6:39:37

Oh and i would not have give OSTER the man of the match
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 21 Nov - 6:43:39

pkt_drfc wrote:Oh and i would not have give OSTER the man of the match

Not sure who i would have given it to,i thought Copps had a good game along with Stocky....difficult this week.. scratch
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 21 Nov - 6:44:37

SULLIVAN for me Laughing
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 21 Nov - 6:49:03

pkt_drfc wrote:SULLIVAN for me Laughing

Rollocks....... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 21 Nov - 7:18:37

pkt_drfc wrote:SULLIVAN for me Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing You've had a bad couple of days what with the boiler etc. and I think that's maybe made you feel a bit more negative than you've been in the past.
Most teams in the npower are conceding goals but not many are scoring them as frequently as we do. Yes I agree we sat back and to a degree we were forced to however we should have scored MORE and I can't remember a decent save that Sulli had to make !
Incidentally the goal scored by the Swans has been judged by many as not only handball but also offside, personally I was too busy celebrating the win (!) to even see the goal.
Sulli makes few saves (if any) = Defense has done a good job hasn't it.
As for MOM, imo that would go to Oster/Dumbaya, Villains well that would be Hird/Stock. Many on the VSC are slagging off Dumbaya (as did SO'D apparently) which surprises me, I thought his first half defending was outstanding and some of his runs in the second half breathtaking.
Footy is all a matter of opinion and everyone looks at different things, incidentally I thought the Swans were a very good side but was surprised by some of their cynical cheating to win free kicks off a daft referee.

There you go a resonse to rip to ribbons. Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 21 Nov - 7:40:53

Muzzy don't deserve to be slagged off, its only a couple of seasons ago the lad was non league.
Yes he may have cost us a couple of goals but he's basically been dropped straight into it and he's learning pdq its not as if we have a reserve team in a league he can play regularly in
Althoough with his speed I sometimes wonder if he may be more suited to the midfield

Last edited by Dagenham Rover on Sun 21 Nov - 7:44:10; edited 1 time in total
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 21 Nov - 7:42:03

Dagenham Rover wrote:Muzzy don't deserve to be slagged off, its only a couple of seasons ago the lad was non league.
Yes he may have cost us a couple of goals but he's basically been dropped straight into it and he's learning pdq its not as if we have a reserve team in a league he can play regularly in
Althoough with his speed I sometimes wonder if he may be more suited to the middle

Agree , just shows how quick you can go from Hero to villain in 90 minuites... Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 21 Nov - 8:19:08

Not a villain in my eyes , some of his headers in the first half were class, if anything I thought Jimmy O was less effective ( that nigh on og remember ?)
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next