The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swansea next up...

+4
the vicar
pkt_drfc
hoolahoop
yorkie64red
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Swansea next up... - Page 4 Empty Re: Swansea next up...

Post by SteRaff1984 Sun 21 Nov - 11:19:46

Points about today -

1 - If we took are chances we would have scored more, but we did not, we scored 1.

2 - If we played second half like first half I think we would have won.

3 - We rarely came out our own half of pitch in the second half.

4 - We rarely put a tackle in, we pick up loose balls.

5 - We DO concede stupid goals.

Guess what I'm saying is we need a back 4 that play together regular to get a understanding going. We need to take our chances and stop sitting back and giving teams space to run at us.
We give teams to much respect, lets start killing teams off when we take a lead and stop sitting back.

SteRaff1984
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 21 Nov - 21:32:32

Its a new day now and looking back at it i do sometimes think we might be over critical of the team, what we have to remember is that swansea are a very very good team one of the better ones we will come up against, we are having the best season we have had in a long time, at the start of yesterday i think most people would have taken a point, i thought we did better in the second half then the first but thats just my view, and looking back at their goal on the league show last night it was a very good strike and happened so quickly not really sure if sully could have done anything about it, what i believe is the reason we are been so critical of yesterday is that our expectations are much higher this season many and to a degree i am one of them think that we have a very good chance of getting into the playoffs and i still think we have , but its a sprint not a marathon, looking back at yesterday and i thought that their keeper was kept much buisier then sully, if that first off side goal had stood or copps excellent strike had not been saved and it was a brilliant save then the game would have ben won, lets look at the positives its not all doom and gloom, if they had got the first goal and it was us that got the equaliser in the last minuite we would all have been singing thre praises this morning... Wink
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 21 Nov - 22:56:36

yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 22 Nov - 0:48:00

yorkie64red wrote:Wilson on yesterdays game....

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10329~2226491,00.html

Willo as usual has thought out what the game was all about and has summarised well. Their goal was well taken if a bit offside perhaps, could Sulli do anything to prevent it ? My view is probably not!
Swansea are a VERY good team but DIDN'T take our scalp yesterday and that's a testament to how well we are now playing.
The P/Offs are still a very distinct possibility........it's early days yet. Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 22 Nov - 2:06:03

Comment from PlanetSwan forum re. MOM and yes they are talking about their goalkeeper :-

''Carmarthen Jack wrote:
DDV for me.

Some oustanding saves which made the difference in Rangel's goal being an equaliser and not a consolation goal.

hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 22 Nov - 3:46:26

hoolahoop wrote:

Willo as usual has thought out what the game was all about and has summarised well. Their goal was well taken if a bit offside perhaps, could Sulli do anything to prevent it ? My view is probably not!
Swansea are a VERY good team but DIDN'T take our scalp yesterday and that's a testament to how well we are now playing.
The P/Offs are still a very distinct possibility........it's early days yet. Smile

A future manager i reckon , hopefully of Doncaster...he will be learning alot from Sod & Rok...but not for a while yet i hope.. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4