The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swansea next up...

+3
hoolahoop
pkt_drfc
yorkie64red
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Swansea next up... - Page 2 Empty Re: Swansea next up...

Post by yorkie64red Sat 19 Feb - 9:30:58

pkt_drfc wrote:Nope not heard a thing but the lads seem to want to right tuesday night but Swansea is a bad game to try and right at that

You never know, the taffs will think we are an easy touch at the minuite and a walk in the park, maybe tommorow is the day our luck will change, if we can get anything out of tommorow it will do the lads confidence no end of good, and then its onto another hard game at Norwich..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 19 Feb - 9:32:00

VixDRFC wrote:

Neither of them seem to tweet, and I know Billy's got an Iphone lol! They should educate him Wink

Well i wrote Billys FB yesterday because he was wanting to get rid of FB but could not on his phone told him to try twitter he said he had only just worked how to do FB
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sat 19 Feb - 9:36:10

pkt_drfc wrote:

Nope do not follow him but anything i suppose to make you forget Tuesday night

www.twitter.com/KaiWayne

when he talks about being on his Carlos Tevez potty you just have to laugh Wink then again might just be my sense of humour

KaiWayne Kai Wayne Rooney
Just asked daddy what he thought about the Egyptian crisis. He replied saying Tottenham are a better side without Mido anyway. Christ.
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sat 19 Feb - 9:37:52

pkt_drfc wrote:

Well i wrote Billys FB yesterday because he was wanting to get rid of FB but could not on his phone told him to try twitter he said he had only just worked how to do FB

We could be in for a long wait then Wink
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 19 Feb - 9:40:21

VixDRFC wrote:

We could be in for a long wait then Wink

We'll get that dee daa out of him... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsleytilidie Sat 19 Feb - 19:54:03

Cmon Donny.....get it sorted and get back to getting some points! bounce
Barnsleytilidie
Barnsleytilidie
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sat 19 Feb - 20:20:43

Love too, quite happily take a point from today but I can't see it in honesty.......the injurys just get worse
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 19 Feb - 20:53:01

I am going for a 3 or 4 -0 to Swansea
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 19 Feb - 21:58:00

Doncaster Rovers travel to Swansea City today hoping for a dramatic upturn in fortune, still smarting from the 6-0 hammering at the Keepmoat Stadium at the hands of Ipswich Town on Tuesday. The oft-talked about injury situation at the club seems to have got even worse, if anything, but at least Rovers should have one striker on the pitch today, which is progress from Tuesday. Blackpool striker Jason Euell will make his debut for Rovers this afternoon after joining on Thursday afternoon, and provides a welcome boost to a Rovers squad who face a tough test at Swansea's Liberty Stadium, which is always a tough place to visit. Euell's experience will, hopefully, provide an outlet for Rovers' play which was sadly lacking on Tuesday.
However, the troubles that affect the Rovers defence continue - with both James O'Connor and James Chambers looking unlikely to play today. Chambers went off with a hamstring injury at half time on Tuesday, and O'Connor left the ground on crutches after it was suspected that he had broken a bone in his foot. An X-ray failed to show a break but he was due to have a scan to make ‘’doubly sure.”’ Should a break prove to be the case, it will probably be the end of his season, so let's hope that the initial diagnosis is not as bad as first feared. DROS has provided no updates, so we presume both will be out, meaning that Sam Hird will probably have to move across to play at right back. Wayne Thomas made a return to the side on Tuesday, and looks certain to retain his place - through lack of any alternatives, as much as anything!
Goalkeeper Neil Sullivan looks very likely to return in goal after being named on the bench on Tuesday - his experience at this time could prove vital, as much as anything, especially if, as expected, Rovers have to shuffle their defensive line-up again. With only Preston having shipped more goals in the Championship this season, any strengthening of the defence is vital.
The likelihood of Brian Stock playing are shrouded in mystery - he missed out with an apparent reocurrence of his back injury, but no mention has been given by the club as to whether he is expected to play or not. Again, we have to hope that he will, as his inclusion increases the chances that Rovers have of posing any real threat to the Swansea defence today. Ryan Mason also missed Tuesday's game due to a hamstring injury, and his chances of playing look to be in the balance.
Up front, the hints given this week suggest that Billy Sharp will not play today, hence the signing of Jason Euell - but the official line seems to be that he will be assessed once they have the results of a scan on his groin injury (unless he's really suffering from the bruised ribs that was also mentioned the other day!).
Still missing will be James Hayter (calf), Shelton Martis (ankle), Mustapha Dumbuya (knee), Adam Lockwood, Simon Gillett (knee) and Martin Woods (groin). And then there's Steve Brooker, who missed Tuesday's game with a 'niggle', but has not been mentioned in dispatches since.
Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins has called on the supporters to back the side in numbers and volume as they remain in the battle to win promotion to the Premier League. The Swans go into today's game in fifth place, with boss Brendan Rogers calling each remaining game as a "cup final". Jenkins said of the promotion challenge: "Considering the club's we are up against, what we are doing at the moment is not far off a bloody miracle. I think the players and Brendan deserve to be recognised for that. Every game between now and the end of the season is going to be huge, and I believe the players and the management staff deserve to see the stadium full every week."
Swansea welcome back Neil Taylor to the side after missing the last seven weeks with an ankle injury, and is likely to replace Ashley Richards in the side. Garry Monk (knee) and Andrea Orlandi (thigh) continue to be absent, but the Swans have no now injury concerns ahead of the game. They will be without defender David Edgar, who had joined the club on transfer deadline day, after they were denied international clearance by FIFA this week due to a slight discrepancy in the paperwork between Swansea and Burnley. As a result, the player has returned to Burnley.

from doncaster rovers.co.uk
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 19 Feb - 22:04:58

yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 20 Feb - 1:02:34

Nearly time to be taught another footballing lesson and to prove SOD needs more of the board
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 20 Feb - 1:09:54

pkt_drfc wrote:Nearly time to be taught another footballing lesson and to prove SOD needs more of the board

Need to see what the line up is and if anyone has returned from injury, if we are forced to play a team like tuesday then we will most likely get beaten , but it will be by a full strength swansea team, as long as they go out there and do there best i won't complain..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 20 Feb - 1:17:47

Who is complaining i am just saying i think we are gonna get battered 2 games i did not want after an heavy defeat
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 20 Feb - 3:04:51

Well we are not doing 2 good app Copps was injured in the warm up and now Hird is injured App oh and we are losing 2-0
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 20 Feb - 3:14:41

pkt_drfc wrote:Well we are not doing 2 good app Copps was injured in the warm up and now Hird is injured App oh and we are losing 2-0

Its like been on a kamikazi mission, when the hell is this injury list gonna stop... No
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 20 Feb - 4:33:56

Jesus those stats don't make pretty reading... affraid
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 20 Feb - 4:39:00

Where was the new lad today Burge , his he injured as well....
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 20 Feb - 4:43:46

app Dumbuya can play with an injection so i have heard
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 20 Feb - 4:45:38

pkt_drfc wrote: app Dumbuya can play with an injection so i have heard

Thats good news, i thought he was out for the season..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 20 Feb - 4:47:12

So i have heard so DON'T quote me on it could be a case of chinese whispers
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 20 Feb - 4:51:06

pkt_drfc wrote:So i have heard so DON'T quote me on it could be a case of chinese whispers

Surely some of the injured must be due back , its a good job we have this sports scientist or we would be in a mess.. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 20 Feb - 4:55:10

Well i am afraid the physio must be to blame
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 20 Feb - 4:57:26

pkt_drfc wrote:Well i am afraid the physio must be to blame

Can't blame it all on the physio, he doesen't get em injured...the only thing he can do is make a mess of the players once he gets his hands on them.. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 20 Feb - 4:59:50

Well i now make that 16 players out now including Waide out on loan
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 20 Feb - 5:00:58

pkt_drfc wrote:Well i now make that 16 players out now including Waide out on loan

Whos the latest ones, i guess Hird is one of them...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next