The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any ideas

+3
yorkie64red
superspy
pkt_drfc
7 posters

Go down

Any ideas Empty Any ideas

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 2 Nov - 1:15:07

Took this post of the vsc forum sounds worrying

The next few weeks may see some massive changes within the club.Cant say to much but it involves from top to bottom,and they arnt good things either im afraid.Dont get me wrong this may or may not happen but if it does then hold on tight we could be in for a rocky ride.

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=57&func=view&catid=999999&id=48114

probably bull shit but things like this always get me worried
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Any ideas Empty Re: Any ideas

Post by superspy Mon 2 Nov - 1:33:29

yeah iv seen the thread, i'm going with bull, apparently the guy has come out with crap before.

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 2 Nov - 1:38:47

pkt_drfc wrote:Took this post of the vsc forum sounds worrying

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=57&func=view&catid=999999&id=48114

probably bull shit but things like this always get me worried

I saw this on the VSC Pete and was going to post the topic on here, you can read into things and one of the Posters near the end of the thread said that it was going round the concourses yesterday that JR was about to call it a day where Rovers are concerned, there may be something in that as apparently his wife wants to upsticks and move to South Africa so who knows, they have certainly been spending some time there recently, even if JR did decide to retire i'm sure he would not just call it a day without having a replacement in place to take the club onwards he loves the club far too much to do otherwise, now would that person be one of the Keepmoat 2 or not i'm not too sure, of course it is all talk at this time and it might have nothing to do with JR at all , it could be one or both of the Keepmoat 2 that want out or there is the third option which is that there is nothing in it at all and its just Rumour that is if the original poster knows anything at all or has just made it all up, time will tell Pete. Any ideas Icon_scratch
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 2 Nov - 6:19:00

yorkie64red wrote:

I saw this on the VSC Pete and was going to post the topic on here, you can read into things and one of the Posters near the end of the thread said that it was going round the concourses yesterday that JR was about to call it a day where Rovers are concerned, there may be something in that as apparently his wife wants to upsticks and move to South Africa so who knows, they have certainly been spending some time there recently, even if JR did decide to retire i'm sure he would not just call it a day without having a replacement in place to take the club onwards he loves the club far too much to do otherwise, now would that person be one of the Keepmoat 2 or not i'm not too sure, of course it is all talk at this time and it might have nothing to do with JR at all , it could be one or both of the Keepmoat 2 that want out or there is the third option which is that there is nothing in it at all and its just Rumour that is if the original poster knows anything at all or has just made it all up, time will tell Pete. Any ideas Icon_scratch

Strange that I can't access the 2nd. page of this thread, anybody else tried or is this a case of the VSC mafia being asked to pull the plug on this dicussion ? pale
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 2 Nov - 6:22:44

hoolahoop wrote:

Strange that I can't access the 2nd. page of this thread, anybody else tried or is this a case of the VSC mafia being asked to pull the plug on this dicussion ? Any ideas Icon_pale

try again Steve, it worked ok for me, your not missing much though,, Any ideas Icon_rolleyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 2 Nov - 6:28:02

What a load of shit, really pisses me off when dick heads try making out there know something others don't when in truth who the fuck would tell a arsehole like this anything.
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 2 Nov - 6:53:18

Nightmare wrote:What a load of shit, really pisses me off when dick heads try making out there know something others don't when in truth who the fuck would tell a arsehole like this anything.

True words fella , that's why I'm on here talking to the bros rather than being on there. There's far too many dickheads on there, seems to be the case on any insular board...............bores and pisses me off no end the twats. Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Mon 2 Nov - 7:35:15

Hoola i know the guy and that is who told me we were having talks with Sharp before it even got on sky sports.
He sent me a text and the truth is that sod may be leaving as he isnt getting the backing he deserves. retiring as he put it.
Somebody with cash to burn wants to buy 51 percent of the shares but John doesnt like him.
Make what you want of it but i know the guy and his stuff has truth in it.
He is rovers through and through and wouldnt make it up.
He sent me a text on this case 3 days ago and it is no lie.

Belive what you want though.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 2 Nov - 7:39:37

if he dose walk out blackwell wint have long left at the lane
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 2 Nov - 7:48:10

roversboy4lyf wrote:Hoola i know the guy and that is who told me we were having talks with Sharp before it even got on sky sports.
He sent me a text and the truth is that sod may be leaving as he isnt getting the backing he deserves. retiring as he put it.
Somebody with cash to burn wants to buy 51 percent of the shares but John doesnt like him.

I didn't think John Ryan was the Majority share holder anymore, thought that Watson was the Majority Shareholder ,
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Mon 2 Nov - 7:56:35

Anyone else hear O'Driscoll's interview on Radio Sheffield on Friday. I can't remember all of it but it was basically about having to take the team forward when things change. He said that that its hard matching wages for the top players when the income relies on gate receipts, commercial investment and people putting in their own money, and then you reach a point where that stops. So he has to move the team on in different ways such as bringing young players on. He also said he thought Webster was another Matt Mills
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Mon 2 Nov - 8:17:32

And to throw a bit more controversy into the mix an alledged quote from O'Driscoll in todays NOTW (thats why I say alledged lol!)

"The only certainty in football is you will get sacked! At least I will do it playing the way I want to. I want my team to play without fear. I couldn't fault them for the way we played and for what we were trying to achieve"
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 2 Nov - 8:29:44

In reality no one knows what if anything is happening at Rovers other then JR probably Sod and the Keepmoat 2, when they feel the need to discuss there intentions with the fanbase i'm sure they will do it throught the official website, after all we can always rely on that to keep us updated with whats happening.. Any ideas Icon_scratch
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 2 Nov - 8:31:24

ok if the scenario does come surely there will be somebody wanting a club i don't need to worry rich people love the new must have toy i mean a championship club
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 2 Nov - 8:35:13

pkt_drfc wrote:ok if the scenario does come surely there will be somebody wanting a club i don't need to worry rich people love the new must have toy i mean a championship club

Lets be logical here, one day JR will not be involved with DRFC, that could be tommorow, next week next month next year, the one certainty is that one day it will happen when that day comes i am sure of one thing JR will leave the club in a much better state then he found it and as you say Pete a championship club with no debt would certainly appeal to someone who wants to invest.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Mon 2 Nov - 8:44:50

yorkie64red wrote:

Lets be logical here, one day JR will not be involved with DRFC, that could be tommorow, next week next month next year, the one certainty is that one day it will happen when that day comes i am sure of one thing JR will leave the club in a much better state then he found it and as you say Pete a championship club with no debt would certainly appeal to someone who wants to invest.

Come on Notts County did it 2 leagues below, why not us?

JR's always said that if he left the club wouldnt have any debts as such and be working towards sustaining itself - hence we never got the overpaid 20 goal a season striker the supporters were howling for. I do think we're going to see a lot more buying young players as one for future and selling them on though
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 2 Nov - 8:49:04

I am not worried at all there will be people that would love to see donny go nearly out of business back where we were as people keep reffering every season. I love it when people refer to donny as this im sure it makes the players think ill show you as we all know they read the forums maybe not this one but the tosser forum that is vsc
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 2 Nov - 8:49:47

roversboy4lyf wrote:Hoola i know the guy and that is who told me we were having talks with Sharp before it even got on sky sports.

Let's wait and see eh ? I'm not doubting the fella, just can't see a bunch of millionaires discussing either their own business or that of their manager in anything else but secret corridors. Jeez apart from JR, we rarely hear from any of the multitude of millionaires lurking around the board room and we've got loads of them! This subject probably (assuming there is any truth to it) wouldn't be discussed at the KMS to be overheard by any Tom, Dick or Harry.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 2 Nov - 8:54:44

That all we can do wait and see, always the best policy you get the facts then. Any ideas Icon_smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 2 Nov - 19:32:21

Well if this is true about sod and he leaves then donny will not have to pay up his contract as sod has broken the terms. Hope it does not happen I am sure sod has got board backing either way im not worried at all people come people go the only people that remain is the loyal supporters of the club
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 2 Nov - 19:47:09

ryanb wrote:My boss somehow managed to attend some football manager of the north awards in manchester lastnight, where he met the likes of Alex Ferguson, Sam Allardyce, Sven and Martinez etc..

He sat at the same table as John Ryan.

He said that JR is by far one of the funniest blokes he's ever met, and a top guy overall (and my boss is a miller)

during conversation, JR said that he would never sack o'driscoll. the only way of him leaving would be for him to resign. He also commented on how he likes to serve humble pie, literally, to those who call for SOD's head.

He also said, that should SOD ever leave, the only man JR would be interested in as a replacement would be "that man over there", and he pointed to Nigel Adkins.

Took this of again of vsc
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 2 Nov - 23:23:15

pkt_drfc wrote:

Well if this is true about sod and he leaves then donny will not have to pay up his contract as sod has broken the terms. Hope it does not happen I am sure sod has got board backing either way im not worried at all people come people go the only people that remain is the loyal supporters of the club

can't see him leaving of his own accord to be honest Pete, and no way will JR even be contemplating sacking him, so it looks like its buisiness as usual.. Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down