The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Student Guilty of Outraging Public

3 posters

Go down

Student Guilty of Outraging Public Empty Student Guilty of Outraging Public

Post by The Wednesday Fri 6 Nov - 6:27:39

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Student-guilty-of-outraging-public.5794420.jp

Bit late I know but what do people think of this story?

Urinating on a war memorial is obviously a serious offence, and I think the lad deserves to be shamed with all the coverage it's recieving.

However, the mention of prison seems unbelieveably harsh. He hasn't assaulted anybody, hasn't raped anybody, hasn't set anything on fire, hasn't seriously destroyed anything, apart from the photographer there was nobody around so it wasn't indecent exposure. There was no malice intended.

It was a stupid drunken mistake, and in my personal opinion I think he's been punished enough by being disgraced in the media. Everyone knows who he is and what he's done and he'll have to live with the guilt for a very long time. He is very sorry for what he's done, he knows it was wrong, so I can't see the benefit of sending him to prison. Maybe some community service would be appropiate.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Student Guilty of Outraging Public Empty Re: Student Guilty of Outraging Public

Post by Terrier2009 Fri 6 Nov - 6:43:00

I agree he has been punished by the media and community service would probably make sure that he never does it again but sending him to prison is going too far. Surely there are more dangerous people that should be in prison not some drunken student who was stupid. The courts need to realise some things just don't need a prison sentence and those that do should actually receive a sentence instead of something that doesn't fit the crime.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 6 Nov - 6:46:38

You would like to think that it just down to the fact that he was drunk why he carried out this act, having said that i have been the worse for wear many times but i have always known what i was doing so to blame drink is really an excuse, i think it is just another example in that nothing is sacrasant anymore, he should be ashamed of himself or maybe taken to one of the large wargraves cemetries to see for himself what these wreaths represent, is prison too harsh well maybe but then again it will send out a message to this kind of person that they have crossed the line especially at a time when everyday there is news of some young soldier been killed while serving his country, i despair.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Fri 6 Nov - 6:49:54

I do too Yorkie as I'm a student and unfortunately it's this sort of behaviour that gives us all a bad name. Sometimes I think it's a case of people don't think about their actions until after they have done them. I do think the guy needs to be shocked into understanding the massive lack of respect that he showed to soldiers both past and present but prison is going too far imo.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 9 Nov - 4:36:58

Take him to this place, it might make him realise why people are appalled at his actions.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 27 Nov - 11:23:26

In the end he got 250 hours Community Service, to be honest i think that is about right, don't see what good bunging him in Prison would have done, i think he will have to live with his actions for many years to come and around November each year he will be reminded of his actions.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Fri 27 Nov - 11:24:38

That's very true Yorkie and personally that 250 hours means he'll be doing a lot of thinking about his actions! Am sure he's learnt his lesson now.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 27 Nov - 11:36:03

You just sort one silly bugger out and then another one comes along, and its shemeful that these 2 people are from South

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/8377564.stm
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Fri 27 Nov - 11:38:06

How many ignorant stupid people are there in this world!!!!! They get me so annoyed! I think some of them just need a damn good slap. I'm not saying prison is always the best option as I don't think it is. In most cases they just need rather ungently reminding of all the things that these people have done for us!!!

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down