The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Injury list

+2
pkt_drfc
yorkie64red
6 posters

Go down

Injury list Empty Injury list

Post by yorkie64red Wed 8 Feb - 20:23:17

The steadily improving fitness situation at Doncaster Rovers could be seen with this week's news that the club have just three players on the injury list, presumably meaning that the new fitness regime implemented by Dean Saunders and fitness coach Mal Purchase is starting to reap rewards.
Boss Dean Saunders said of the improving injury situation at Rovers: "The injury situation has improved. When we came here there were around sixteen injuries, Mal has done a great job to reduce that down to three. It's mostly down to the rehabilitation plans Mal draws up for the individual players, which make the players come back fitter and stronger than ever. There are no muscle injuries now either, that's down to the way the players prepare for training and matches. We sometimes do double training sessions to ensure high fitness levels."
The only players mentioned in this week's report by Dean Saunders are Neil Sullivan, George Friend and James Coppinger.
Sullivan is still two or three months away from making a return to action, with his thumb still being in a cast.
Defender George Friend continues to make good progress from his knee ligament injury, but is still about five weeks away from returning to training.
Finally, midfielder James Coppinger is facing a further five weeks on the sidelines as he recovers from a fractured cheekbone, but fortunately he has not needed to have an operation on the injury.
A number of other players have returned to training to some degree, although that does not necessarily mean that they are about to make an imminent return to the team.
Defender Pascal Chimbonda is not on this week's list, despite last week's report saying that he would take two weeks to recover from his thigh muscle injury, which presumably means he has recovered ahead of schedule.
Chris Brown has been working with Mal Purchase to build up his fitness after recovering from back and knee injuries.
Rachid Bouhenna, James Chambers and Paul Keegan have all returned to training, but we do not expect an imminent return for any of them due to the length of time they have been on the sidelines.

from doncaster rovers.co.uk
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Injury list Empty Re: Injury list

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 8 Feb - 20:25:06

Yep good news at last been a tough year for us fans with them dropping like flies
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 8 Feb - 21:58:25

pkt_drfc wrote:Yep good news at last been a tough year for us fans with them dropping like flies

Too right 4/5 injuries with a wafer-thin (in terms of quality) squad such as ours damages us beyond belief but 16 was ludicrous............bad luck, training regimes or couldn's be arsed who knows but unacceptable.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Thu 9 Feb - 1:48:08

Tell you something that Mal Purchase must have them to a Different fitness regime
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 9 Feb - 1:55:35

pkt_drfc wrote:Tell you something that Mal Purchase must have them to a Different fitness regime

I wonder if he does house calls and gets this back of mine sorted. Been to the dentist this morning (emergency) and had 2 teeth out, I'm starving but can't eat owt!! Sad Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Thu 9 Feb - 1:57:08

Have you tried ringing my cousin ??
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 9 Feb - 4:25:39

hoolahoop wrote:

I wonder if he does house calls and gets this back of mine sorted. Been to the dentist this morning (emergency) and had 2 teeth out, I'm starving but can't eat owt!! Sad Sad

strange place to go with a bad back... lol! lol! lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 9 Feb - 6:23:40

yorkie64red wrote:

strange place to go with a bad back... lol! lol! lol!

His cousin is a dentist as well ? Wink This place is like a Monty Python set.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Thu 9 Feb - 6:40:45

how is your back now Hoola

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Thu 9 Feb - 7:18:47

Well I spent a couple of hours in A&E today - not for myself but with a work colleague who'd managed to put a craft knife through her hand affraid
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Thu 9 Feb - 7:20:09

Ouch i bet that hurt bet you enjoyed seeing loads of claret. Laughing
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Thu 9 Feb - 7:24:32

pkt_drfc wrote:Ouch i bet that hurt bet you enjoyed seeing loads of claret. Laughing

Didn't actually see any, I was the 3rd first aider on scene and first one took one look, said "that needs hospital" and slapped a bandage on it as I got there. I only got the trip because I knew where Goole Hospital was Wink They glued it, steri-stripped it and she was back at work by 12. She's lucky in that she didn't hit any nerves, bone or an artery though I think she though it had by how it bled at first

And I give safety scissors to the kids lol!
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 9 Feb - 8:05:20

VixDRFC wrote:

Didn't actually see any, I was the 3rd first aider on scene and first one took one look, said "that needs hospital" and slapped a bandage on it as I got there. I only got the trip because I knew where Goole Hospital was Wink They glued it, steri-stripped it and she was back at work by 12. She's lucky in that she didn't hit any nerves, bone or an artery though I think she though it had by how it bled at first

And I give safety scissors to the kids lol!

Some of the kids round here I think you might be better off giving the........................no forget that one they wouldn't use it on themselves Shocked
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 9 Feb - 9:32:47

the vicar wrote:how is your back now Hoola

A bit better thanks fella, still painful but I've spent the last week or so worrying about the state of my teeth and finally had to give up today . I got an emergency appointment this morning and had 2 out!! Gob is as sore as hell as they were uppers including one front canine. Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down