The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cryne reveals money will be available for Robins in January

+3
hoolahoop
Dale BFC
NIGHTMARE
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cryne reveals money will be available for Robins in January Empty Cryne reveals money will be available for Robins in January

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 14 Nov - 23:42:03

http://www.thestar.co.uk/reds/Cryne39s-prudent-message.5824543.jp

BARNSLEY owner Patrick Cryne says it is right that Mark Robins should be given the opportunity to impose himself on the club.
In revealing that there will be money available to the Reds boss come the January transfer window Cryne says he has been impressed with the progress so far.

Cryne has supported Robins in recruiting Stoke City loan stars Ryan Shotton and Carl Dickinson, Hull City loan midfielder Nathan Doyle and former Fulham defender/midfielder Julian Gray.

And the results have improved so much since Robins' arrival that the Reds are now up to 15th in the Championship table having been rooted at the bottom with just one point from five outings at the start.

"We've strengthened in areas where we were lacking and we'll support him," said Cryne.

"Mark should expect the opportunity to make changes and impose himself on the club, he should expect to get a decent run. We'll give him good backing.

"There's no absolute goals, but as long as we keep improving and getting results, that's what I want."

But Cryne has warned that while many clubs seem to have money to burn there isn't a bottomless pit of cash at Oakwell.

"As a town we can't afford to buy success, we have to be realistic and we do work within budgets," added Cryne.

"I'd much prefer it if we were very clever about the way we recruit talent because I believe that's what can one day take you to the highest level.

"We shouldn't overlook what Burnley achieved last season when they got promoted from this division. There's no natural right for any team to go up, but it is possible with hard work and a proper plan to build for the future."

He added tongue-in-cheek: "These days buying success wouldn't be possible, especially in Barnsley because there's no oil here!"
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Cryne reveals money will be available for Robins in January Empty Re: Cryne reveals money will be available for Robins in January

Post by Dale BFC Tue 17 Nov - 0:54:17

Think i'd look for someone to replace moore this/next season. And id look into buying Shotton and Dicko permenant.

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Cryne reveals money will be available for Robins in January Empty Re: Cryne reveals money will be available for Robins in January

Post by hoolahoop Tue 17 Nov - 5:46:46

You fellas should be pleased, Cryne is realistic about the situation that smaller clubs in the CCC find themselves in .
However there does seem to be a long-term plan reading between the lines. I wished we were getting similar statements re. our future from the Rovers Board, instead we get.............nada/fook all. Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 17 Nov - 7:51:03

according to Paddy Cryne Where not in debt and nor are we likely to be,
funds made by the club in ticket sales and tv money goes to running the club and paying wages, all the transfers come out of his own pocket .
and thats a lot of money out of his own pocket when you think he let davey bring over 50 players to the club
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Tue 17 Nov - 7:55:29

NIGHTMARE wrote:
and thats a lot of money out of his own pocket when you think he let davey bring over 50 players to the club

50 players at 2 bob a time or should that be 50 2 bob players Very Happy
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 17 Nov - 7:58:24

We paid £1.2 million for a player in the summer 2008 what's the most your club as paid for a player ?
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 17 Nov - 7:59:44

NIGHTMARE wrote:according to Paddy Cryne Where not in debt and nor are we likely to be,
funds made by the club in ticket sales and tv money goes to running the club and paying wages, all the transfers come out of his own pocket .

We are indeed lucky (albeit you more so at present) to have Chairmen / Owners that are in it for the love of their clubs. Fear our' s is being held back by the Keepmoat2 and the other millionaires on our board at present. Why would so many successful businessman want to sit on a Board of Directors I wonder if there wasn't anything in it for them ?
Daggers behave yourself Laughing Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 17 Nov - 8:02:03

NIGHTMARE wrote:We paid £1.2 million for a player in the summer 2008 what's the most your club as paid for a player ?

We sell them for that but don't buy them at that. What's got into you Nightmare, something on your mind/everything ok ? Rolling Eyes
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Tue 17 Nov - 8:03:25

hoolahoop wrote:

We are indeed lucky (albeit you more so at present) to have Chairmen / Owners that are in it for the love of their clubs. Fear our' s is being held back by the Keepmoat2 and the other millionaires on our board at present. Why would so many successful businessman want to sit on a Board of Directors I wonder if there wasn't anything in it for them ?
Daggers behave yourself Laughing Laughing Laughing

Who Me?????? Shocked

Perhaps they're saving up to own a stadium Question Question Question
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 17 Nov - 8:06:33

nowt wrong with me pal .
Just doing a bit of Biting that's all
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 17 Nov - 8:14:03

NIGHTMARE wrote:nowt wrong with me pal .
Just doing a bit of Biting that's all

Must be the bulldog in you fella, you going to the game this weekend ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 17 Nov - 8:31:58

yeah am a season ticket holder ant missed a game yet
been to get mi blackpool and plymouth tickets today and the wife as gone mental because where skint but ive got to go to the games i'm addicted

I'm in the dog house i'm fucking starving because she wint cook mi tea
and all ive heard about since i got in from work is money and bills
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 17 Nov - 8:40:58

NIGHTMARE wrote:yeah am a season ticket holder ant missed a game yet
been to get mi blackpool and plymouth tickets today and the wife as gone mental because where skint but ive got to go to the games i'm addicted

I'm in the dog house i'm fucking starving because she wint cook mi tea
and all ive heard about since i got in from work is money and bills

Same in our house fella got about £600 a year going out in ST and various memberships alone ........they just don't understand why do they ?
We've got Blackpool (a) Easter Monday, I daren't broach the subject with her yet about staying over etc,wait till we get a windfall or summat!
Yorkie on here is lucky his lass sleeps and breathes footy so he can do what he wants , when he wants (footy wise) with impunity......I'm jealous to fook!!
Managed to sort out and agree Coventry (a) with mine on Boxing Day (satdi) but at the cost of having her mam and dad round at Christmas and cooking the dinner Xmas day..............sad fookers aren't we ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 17 Nov - 8:50:15

I Don't know how the fuck im going to brake the news that im staying at plymouth on the saturday night

also on the 23rd of december we will have been married 2 years
so i'm taking her to london for the weekend on the 18th to the 21st
it just so happens that we play Palace on the 19th
fuck knows how im going to explane why i whent missing for 3 hours
and what mi brothers doing going to london the same weekend

speaking of mi brother it that twat thats dropped mi in it dropping his money off for the tickets wile the wife was in
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Tue 17 Nov - 8:51:26

Haha, i hope you get through without a slip Nightmare Wink
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 17 Nov - 9:08:21

Shem_Swfc wrote:Haha, i hope you get through without a slip Nightmare Wink

There's gunna be trouble ahead, moonlight etc. Nightmare just stand upto her and tell her how it is like a man.....hmmm on second thoughts sounds like you won't get to the end of the first sentence before being decked. lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsleytilidie Wed 18 Nov - 6:12:56

Dagenham Rover wrote:

Who Me?????? Shocked

Perhaps they're saving up to own a stadium Question Question Question

Do you mean Donny or us?....we own our stadium...Am I right in saying Donny don't own the Keepmoat? Question
Barnsleytilidie
Barnsleytilidie
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Wed 18 Nov - 6:15:41

yeah he means donkey
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsleytilidie Wed 18 Nov - 6:18:51

NIGHTMARE wrote:yeah he means donkey

Grandson saw Keepmoat the other day....now he wants a Meccano set ffs! Shocked
Barnsleytilidie
Barnsleytilidie
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 18 Nov - 10:06:50

Barnsleytilidie wrote:

Grandson saw Keepmoat the other day....now he wants a Meccano set ffs! Shocked

Jeez not heard that one before. Laughing Laughing Went past that piece of shite you call home yesterday, jealousy always comes out in your posts BTID!! Try being a bit more original lad. Basketball Basketball
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 18 Nov - 10:16:35

Barnsleytilidie wrote:

Do you mean Donny or us?....we own our stadium...Am I right in saying Donny don't own the Keepmoat? Question

Have you bought it back then ? After you fell into administration in 2002, I thought the Council owned the complex........am I mistaken ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Thu 19 Nov - 4:17:25

they only had it a few weeks once cryn took over he got it back
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsleytilidie Thu 19 Nov - 13:55:50

hoolahoop wrote:

Jeez not heard that one before. Laughing Laughing Went past that piece of shite you call home yesterday, jealousy always comes out in your posts BTID!! Try being a bit more original lad. Basketball Basketball

You mean our piece of shite .....with training facilities etc far superior to your flatpack ikea stadium? Cool
Barnsleytilidie
Barnsleytilidie
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 21 Nov - 10:27:14

Barnsleytilidie wrote:

You mean our piece of shite .....with training facilities etc far superior to your flatpack ikea stadium? Cool

You've obviously not seen our training facilities at both Cantley Park (yes Park!) and at the KMS itself otherwise you wouldn't mek such stupid remarks sonny! Evil or Very Mad Less of the flatpack as well............it's boring me to fook. The remark is as tired as your stadium nah nan na nah na. Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsleytilidie Sat 28 Nov - 12:42:03

hoolahoop wrote:

You've obviously not seen our training facilities at both Cantley Park (yes Park!) and at the KMS itself otherwise you wouldn't mek such stupid remarks sonny! Evil or Very Mad Less of the flatpack as well............it's boring me to fook. The remark is as tired as your stadium nah nan na nah na. Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

Couldn't care less if yours were a fookin Flamingo Park?.....Our training facilities are second to none....we have a great academy structure & even though we could do with the West stand renewing...our traditional ground can at least hold more than 200 fans...unlike "lakeside legoland"? Laughing
Barnsleytilidie
Barnsleytilidie
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next