The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drink Prices at the Keepmoat

+7
Filo
Silent Majority
VixDRFC
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
Upwind
pkt_drfc
yorkie64red
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Drink Prices at the Keepmoat Empty Drink Prices at the Keepmoat

Post by yorkie64red Thu 26 Jul - 20:26:13

Looks like they have finished with the £2.50 a pint ...its gonna be £3.40 a pint for Lager or Bitter.. Shocked

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/tasty-style-off-the-field-for-rovers-266477.aspx?pageValue=2
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Drink Prices at the Keepmoat Empty Re: Drink Prices at the Keepmoat

Post by pkt_drfc Thu 26 Jul - 21:45:13

Price of that food looks like i will be sticking to my KFC and bringing a bottle of tap water in
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Thu 26 Jul - 22:05:28

It doesn't exactly look like 'excellent' value to me, so I'm glad it's an "on-going process".

I would have thought they would have made the prices very competitive - at least to start with - so they increase the overall sales and attract people to buy at the ground. I agree that quality comes into it - but when you can buy a pie from Asda for less than a quid, £3 to buy one at the ground does seem a bit steep - it had better be a fooking good pie for that price...............

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Thu 26 Jul - 22:19:25

£2.50 was really fucking good tbf

LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Thu 26 Jul - 22:42:09

pkt_drfc wrote:Price of that food looks like i will be sticking to my KFC and bringing a bottle of tap water in

You're welcome to join us round town first for burger and a pint, much better value than KFC Wink
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Thu 26 Jul - 22:47:44

Upwind wrote:It doesn't exactly look like 'excellent' value to me, so I'm glad it's an "on-going process".

I would have thought they would have made the prices very competitive - at least to start with - so they increase the overall sales and attract people to buy at the ground. I agree that quality comes into it - but when you can buy a pie from Asda for less than a quid, £3 to buy one at the ground does seem a bit steep - it had better be a fooking good pie for that price...............

should see our pie and a pint offer for £6.50

OFFER
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Thu 26 Jul - 22:55:13

VixDRFC wrote:

You're welcome to join us round town first for burger and a pint, much better value than KFC Wink

Ah but you see i am not much of a drinker to be honest Shocked Shocked
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Thu 26 Jul - 23:02:45

pkt_drfc wrote:

Ah but you see i am not much of a drinker to be honest Shocked Shocked

Yeah right! Anyway, you can always get a pint of coke with the burger
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent Majority Fri 27 Jul - 18:19:09

The £5 pie and a pint offer is still on, the £2.50 per bottle offer is still on and the kiddies lunch box offer is still on.

Silent Majority
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 27 Jul - 18:34:08

Silent Majority wrote:The £5 pie and a pint offer is still on, the £2.50 per bottle offer is still on and the kiddies lunch box offer is still on.

Trouble is it was the £2.50 a pint offer that would get us into the bar...not interested in bottles i'm afraid we drink pints and i'm not paying almost £7 for two pints of Carlsberg which i can get in town for aroud £3 for two..shame as i would love to support the bar but the way things are i want value for money..and i'm not alone in that i know a few people who drink John Smiths which you can't get in bottles who will have to use the Premier inn lakeside bar or Cheswolds..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 27 Jul - 18:41:33

I would also like to add i don't expect wetherspoons or Goose prices but i do expect them to be competitive with pubs in the area and for me i won't pay over £3 a pint full stop wherever it is..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent Majority Fri 27 Jul - 20:44:43

I do understand. But we have to start somewhere and then we take it on to the face-to-face and on-line forums for the resolution to this under our 'In Rovers We Trust' campaign.

Don't forget we choose the items we want to see changed not the club.

Silent Majority
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Filo Fri 27 Jul - 21:11:49

A good start would be to make the Beer prices competitive with the local pubs, and recoup to money on other things, I think beer gets a lot of people into the concourses, if the beer prices are not competitive then folk will stay in a pub and probably have a bite to eat there

Filo
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 27 Jul - 21:16:10

Filo wrote:A good start would be to make the Beer prices competitive with the local pubs, and recoup to money on other things, I think beer gets a lot of people into the concourses, if the beer prices are not competitive then folk will stay in a pub and probably have a bite to eat there

Thats right...people didn't use the keepmoat bar before because of the prices...they were lowered and people used it so for the club on the eve of taking over the ground to put those prices back up to a sky high price is for me an own goal...i love to support the club in anyway i can but i hate been ripped off...but thats just my opinion..time will tell soon enough if people start to use it or not..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent Majority Fri 27 Jul - 21:30:18

Yes we know all of that, and I've told them umpteen times, but the response is always the same, pubs are open 7 days a week and 12 hours a day. The Keepmoat is open once a fortnight for a couple of hours before kick-off and for 10 minutes at half time.

And as for sky high prices, have you been to a pub in London recently? £6 a pint there. Evil or Very Mad

Silent Majority
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Fri 27 Jul - 21:48:51

Silent Majority wrote:Yes we know all of that, and I've told them umpteen times, but the response is always the same, pubs are open 7 days a week and 12 hours a day. The Keepmoat is open once a fortnight for a couple of hours before kick-off and for 10 minutes at half time.
And as for sky high prices, have you been to a pub in London recently? £6 a pint there. Evil or Very Mad

Not sure what difference this makes if they don't sell fook all during the once an fortnight for two hours 10 minutes that they are open............. May as well take the beer away and cut their losses altogether - why not just revamp some of the old pie wagons from Belle View and be done with it.

Alternatively........ we could reduce the cost of the ale and get more people using the bar facility – which would encourage sales of the grub as well....................... just seems nonsensical to me.

Last time I looked Doncaster wasn't near to Londres.............at me Dad's WMC it costs £2.00 - £2.50 a pint.

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent Majority Fri 27 Jul - 21:50:14

I give in!

Silent Majority
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Fri 27 Jul - 21:51:30

Silent Majority wrote:I give in!

In which case you probably know how many of the fans think..........

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent Majority Fri 27 Jul - 21:52:41

You know I spend hours upon hours trying to improve things for Rovers fans and do you know how much support I get, yep thats right fook all!

Silent Majority
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Fri 27 Jul - 21:55:40

Silent Majority wrote:You know I spend hours upon hours trying to improve things for Rovers fans and do you know how much support I get, yep thats right fook all!

I don't think anyone is directly critcising you; however, if we can't make a resonable point, on a forum, about how we feel then what......................... ??

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent Majority Fri 27 Jul - 21:57:43

Your posts certainly looked like personal criticism.

Silent Majority
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Filo Fri 27 Jul - 22:02:17

Martin, you`re taking things to heart, no one is criticising you, in fact I`m sure everyone on this thread so far acknowledges the fine work you are doing, it`s a sensible discussion about the price of the beer in comparison to pubs in Doncaster

Filo
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Fri 27 Jul - 22:04:43

Silent Majority wrote:Yes we know all of that, and I've told them umpteen times, but the response is always the same, pubs are open 7 days a week and 12 hours a day. The Keepmoat is open once a fortnight for a couple of hours before kick-off and for 10 minutes at half time.

Last time we were in London was for the West Ham game and we certainly didn't pay £6 a pint not even in Covent Garden. In fact if you go in one of the numerous "chain" pubs prices aren't that much more than in the same chains in Doncaster.

We all know that there are expensive places to drink in any town or city but the Keepmoat bar isn't a trendy bar that can command those prices. It doesn't even have a"captive" audience with the Lakeside pub 5 minutes walk away and the Cheswold not much further

I'd drink at the Keepmoat bar if the prices were in line with local pubs to support the club but after paying for season ticket, new shirt, lottery, Alliance I'm damned if I'm going to pay at least 50p more a pint as well.
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Fri 27 Jul - 22:07:34

Silent Majority wrote:Your posts certainly looked like personal criticism.

Nothing personal about it and if it was taken that way I apologise. TBF, I do understand (to a degree) the clubs position; however, if they don't attract people to the bar areas (because of price) the're overheads etc do not make the operation an feasible option - paying staff to stand around is not cost effective. If they sell 3/4 pints to somebody pre-match rather than perhaps 1 pint (or a coffee) then that surely has to be the way ahead - and in order to do this (IMO) is to make the price count.

Again, nothing personal meant.........

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Fri 27 Jul - 22:09:29

Its not a personal criticism unless you personally set the beer prices! Its a debate about the fact we feel we're being ripped off

Maybe we should have just kept quiet, drank somewhere else and waited for the offers to return because the bar has lost a lot of users Shocked
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next