The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soares keen to stay

3 posters

Go down

Soares keen to stay Empty Soares keen to stay

Post by Dan_the_Owl Mon 25 Jan - 22:16:34

Get this guy back, he's really looked the part since Irvine took over. Hopefully we can get a loan deal until the end of the season.

http://www.swfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10304~1942746,00.html

Soares keen to stay
Posted on: Sun 24 Jan 2010
Midfielder Tom Soares played his final game of his loan spell for the Owls in Saturday's 2-1 triumph over basement side Peterborough.

The 23-year-old has enjoyed a good recent run of form, including a maiden goal at Blackpool last Tuesday at Bloomfield Road, and was delighted with another three points this weekend.

On Saturday's win he said: "Peterborough pushed us all the way, but that's what it's like in this league.

"We've got to learn to see out games and that's what we did. We conceded a late goal against Blackpool too, so maybe that's something we could look at improving on, but at the end of the day, it's the three points that matter."

Soares' loan spell from Stoke City expires on Monday but the midfielder admitted he would relish an extension at Hillsborough.

He went on: "Every player wants to play football. I've got no doubt in my ability and coming here and playing for Wednesday is good for me.

"As a club, we're all starting to perform and hopefully we can climb that league table. Obviously if I go back to Stoke and I'm not playing I'd definitely like to come back. We'll have to sit down and have a word with Tony Pulis and see what happens from there, but I'm hopeful I can extend my stay here."

Soares has played every minute under new boss Alan Irvine and is happy that the team's form has finally turned itself around.

He concluded: "We've won three on the bounce and everyone is buzzing. Hopefully we can keep putting in the performances for the gaffer because he's been brilliant since he came in.

"The results are starting to come and we've got to enjoy it whilst we can and stay focussed on climbing that table because there is a long way to go."
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Soares keen to stay Empty Re: Soares keen to stay

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 26 Jan - 23:50:27

Club are confirming it now, Soares staying until the end of the season. Delighted we've been able to get this done.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Wed 27 Jan - 0:10:35

Good news. He played very well against Peterborough now he's match fit, and Irvine clearly rates him.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by wxm owl Wed 27 Jan - 2:54:55

good news at last Very Happy
wxm owl
wxm owl
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down