The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Putting to one side how shite your where today

+3
keepmoatman
yorkie64red
NIGHTMARE
7 posters

Go down

Putting to one side how shite your where today  Empty Putting to one side how shite your where today

Post by NIGHTMARE Sun 20 Nov - 7:17:45

what did you think to us
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Putting to one side how shite your where today  Empty Re: Putting to one side how shite your where today

Post by yorkie64red Sun 20 Nov - 7:23:31

An average championship team that probably doesen't deserve to go up but equally doesen't deserve to go down either, i thought you wanted it more then us and that the game mean't more to you then it did to us..i think you are trying to do it the right way which is a credit to the board and management of the club...hopefully we will hang on and get to pay another visit next year..i do enjoy my visits to Barnsley...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Putting to one side how shite your where today  Empty Re: Putting to one side how shite your where today

Post by keepmoatman Sun 20 Nov - 7:40:38

NIGHTMARE wrote:what did you think to us

cant name either of the 2 centre backs but i thought they both looked quality , seams your not missing shackell .Or was it that we made them look good ?
Vas te looked dangerous all game .
The stricker who scored both (name escapes me) had a good game holding the ball up and never stopped working
Well done see you in a few weeks for revenge Smile
keepmoatman
keepmoatman
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 20 Nov - 7:45:16

yorkie64red wrote:An average championship team that probably doesen't deserve to go up but equally doesen't deserve to go down either, i thought you wanted it more then us and that the game mean't more to you then it did to us..i think you are trying to do it the right way which is a credit to the board and management of the club...hopefully we will hang on and get to pay another visit next year..i do enjoy my visits to Barnsley...

I would concur with this appraisal. It's hard to assess because we never actually got going in any department or from any individual. Rarely have I seen such a lacklustre performance in the last 45 years.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sun 20 Nov - 8:18:05

To say how poor we were and how much space we gave you i didn't think you did that well, my pub team could have beaten us today to be honest. I think the likes of Southampton could have seriously got 7 or 8 against us today.
I haven't seen a performance like that since 97' and even then though they were bad they tried unlike that shower of shite today.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Sun 20 Nov - 20:00:15

C'mon Skellow get a grip man!! We were Brilliant today and I'm willing to bet your pub team could not beat Donny if they just had that keeper on!!
Thats a typical Wednesday response that 'you only won cos we were bad' you'll be on about crowds next!!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 20 Nov - 20:18:26

NorthRed wrote:C'mon Skellow get a grip man!! We were Brilliant today and I'm willing to bet your pub team could not beat Donny if they just had that keeper on!!
Thats a typical Wednesday response that 'you only won cos we were bad' you'll be on about crowds next!!

But we were bad NR....i have only seen us as bad as that once this season and that was against Derby..the team were clueless yesterday and the game was lost from the blow of the first whistle..Leeds won't be as easy...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Sun 20 Nov - 20:31:38

But still surely we still deserve a bit of credit???? I know Leeds won't be easy, lets be honest here, Leeds have one of the best squads in the championship as much as we don't like them they are a very good side.
We as a club are punching we'll above our weight and we will be again next season cos we will not be going down.
Every time we win though it's never because we played well its always that Wednesday response of you won cos we were bad!
We won't win every week but when we lose the fact is sometimes its to the better side!! Just like yesterday, you lost to the best side!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 20 Nov - 20:35:45

NorthRed wrote:But still surely we still deserve a bit of credit???? I know Leeds won't be easy, lets be honest here, Leeds have one of the best squads in the championship as much as we don't like them they are a very good side.
We as a club are punching we'll above our weight and we will be again next season cos we will not be going down.
Every time we win though it's never because we played well its always that Wednesday response of you won cos we were bad!
We won't win every week but when we lose the fact is sometimes its to the better side!! Just like yesterday, you lost to the best side!

yeah you do, you won the game and did it with ease...i think the response "of you won cos we was bad" goes for everyteam..it gives em a bit of comfort and belief that the next game will be different..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 20 Nov - 20:42:21

But the Windmill Pub FC would have put a better fight then our lot there was no link up play nothing seemed like the players could not give a Flying F**K i think the term you can NOT polish a turd fits well for the donny team yesterday
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 21 Nov - 4:49:14

NorthRed wrote:C'mon Skellow get a grip man!! We were Brilliant today and I'm willing to bet your pub team could not beat Donny if they just had that keeper on!!

NR I think you're missing the point here, we are not being ungracious here. Take your Barnsley cap off for one minute and try to replay that game as if you were watching only the opposition.
Can you remember when we managed to put more than 2/3 'unchallenged' passes together, who was playing where, who could make even a half hearted attempt at a tackle, who looked for the 1st. ball nevermind the 2nd. ball..........you can't can you ? Here I'm talking about the simple, unchallenged tasks that even the most ordinary footballers can and should get right.....THEY DIDN'T !! Not some of the time , not one at a time but all of them and all of the time.

You were average to good but to be honest, poor could beat 'piss' poor yesterday. Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Mon 21 Nov - 5:26:44

Nighty i wouldn't say you were class at all, you were average. We were that bad and made it easy for you, a class team such as the likes of Southampton would have got 7 or 8 against us yesterday.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down