The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laws Gone

+2
The Wednesday
Dan_the_Owl
6 posters

Go down

Laws Gone Empty Laws Gone

Post by Dan_the_Owl Sun 13 Dec - 23:19:34

Club have just announced it.

Thanks to Brian for everything he done for us. I wish him well for the future.

Our next big challenge has now arrived. Let's hope that we can find the right man to pull us out of this mess.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Laws Gone Empty Re: Laws Gone

Post by The Wednesday Sun 13 Dec - 23:30:37

I'm not quite sure sbout my feelings on this news.

I've constantly backed Laws throughout this period, believing that he'd turn it around, but it's clearly not happened. I'm sure that if we'd given him more time he would have kept us up and we'd have finished around mid-table.

However his decisions just baffle me at times. As a club we have no money, so he's signed two loan players and not played them. And his substitutions often just don't make any sense.

Anyway thank you Brian Laws and good luck for the future. I hope you get a stable club with a bit of cash that you can take forward.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Mon 14 Dec - 0:10:47

Listened to his interview on Radio Sheffield last night (on the way home from a decent game Very Happy ) and I'm really not surprised you could hear it in his voice he knew then.
Tbh I'm not so sure its the best move for Wednesday, but it seems as if the effort on Tuesday night from the players was a final throw of the dice from them.

Oh and Sean's O'D no good for you he'd take too long to get you playing to his System and getting results so don't even think about it Smile
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 14 Dec - 0:32:33

Dagenham Rover wrote:Listened to his interview on Radio Sheffield last night (on the way home from a decent game Laws Gone Icon_biggrin ) and I'm really not surprised you could hear it in his voice he knew then.
Tbh I'm not so sure its the best move for Wednesday, but it seems as if the effort on Tuesday night from the players was a final throw of the dice from them.

Oh and Sean's O'D no good for you he'd take too long to get you playing to his System and getting results so don't even think about it Laws Gone Icon_smile

Am not surprised in the slightest , after hearing his aftermatch talk last night it was only a matter of time, lets see who they can get in who can do any better, probably already have someone in mind, thats the way these things usually work.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Mon 14 Dec - 0:39:47

yorkie64red wrote:

Am not surprised in the slightest , after hearing his aftermatch talk last night it was only a matter of time, lets see who they can get in who can do any better, probably already have someone in mind, thats the way these things usually work.

Tony Adams according to RS.

Please god nooooooo

Darren Ferguson also in the frame

" "

Kevin Keegan

Hahahahahahahaha
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 14 Dec - 0:43:35

The Wednesday wrote:

Tony Adams according to RS.

Please god nooooooo

Darren Ferguson also in the frame

" "

Kevin Keegan

Hahahahahahahaha

I actually think Darren Ferguson could be a strong possibility, he is used to working to a Budget i don't think we will have to wait very long to find out, i guess they will want someone in pretty quick with all the christmas games coming up.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Mon 14 Dec - 0:49:52

yorkie64red wrote:

I actually think Darren Ferguson could be a strong possibility, he is used to working to a Budget i don't think we will have to wait very long to find out, i guess they will want someone in pretty quick with all the christmas games coming up.

But in League's 1 and 2.

I really hope Lee Strafford's already got someone lined up. He's made one massive decision, and he now needs to back it up with another massive decision.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that sacking Brian Laws will prove to be a huge mistake. I hope i'm wrong.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 14 Dec - 0:55:15

But in League's 1 and 2.

I really hope Lee Strafford's already got someone lined up. He's made one massive decision, and he now needs to back it up with another massive decision.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that sacking Brian Laws will prove to be a huge mistake. I hope i'm wrong.[/quote]

Well maybe Strafford is looking to the Future... Laws Gone Icon_biggrin
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Mon 14 Dec - 1:06:27

Forward Together*

*(minus Brian Laws)
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by diggerman Mon 14 Dec - 8:46:26

Big rumour around here that you're after gareth southgate
diggerman
diggerman
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Mon 14 Dec - 9:42:52

diggerman wrote:Big rumour around here that you're after gareth southgate

It's lazy journalism I reckon, he's an obvious option, recently dismissed, still out of work. I'm not even sure I'd want him in the job.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 14 Dec - 10:53:16

Dan_the_Owl wrote:

It's lazy journalism I reckon, he's an obvious option, recently dismissed, still out of work. I'm not even sure I'd want him in the job.

He would do a cracking Job but not sure Wednesday can afford him, i still reckon they already know who has got the job and you will not have long to wait to find out... Laws Gone Icon_scratch
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by wxm owl Mon 14 Dec - 21:25:33

first of all thank you Brian Laws and good luck for the future . we need some one to put the steel back in club. i hope nigel worthington gets it . as an ex player he no`s what we are about .an he no`s what the fans want .
wxm owl
wxm owl
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 15 Dec - 9:31:47

yorkie64red wrote:...i still reckon they already know who has got the job and you will not have long to wait to find out... Laws Gone Icon_scratch

I thought the same, much like the timing of Chris Turner's sacking in 2004 just as Paul Sturrock became available. But according to the chairman, the club will take the time it needs to make the right choice, so we'll see.

All the talk is now of Nigel Worthington, but I'm not entirely convinced. Don't get me wrong, the guy is clearly a legend, and I won't be disappointed if he is indeed the man, but I'm not sure he's the right choice at this time. He got sacked at Norwich after they'd fallen near the bottom of the Championship, and he'd had decent money to spend too. Again, given the calibre of some of the candidates I'm seeing, he's definitely one of the better options, but not necessarily the best one for me.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down