The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Todays Game!

4 posters

Go down

Todays Game! Empty Todays Game!

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sun 24 Jan - 8:56:15

Todays game was terrible and so were Rovers,we gave the ball away so many times and they had some decent chances,sods substitutions baffled me too as Shackell was doing great but he took him off and put hird on who doesnt look up to it,they then knew how weak hird is and it was clear where our weak link was so they put hulse on who ran rings round hird.
Hird gave the ball away straight to there player and just didnt look intrested,he is only young but has loads and loads to learn,webster could have dealt better imo. Todays Game! Icon_eek
In the final 15 miniutes they kept the pressure up and hit a beauty on the edge of the box that somehow found its way into the top corner.
PLAYER RATINGS
Sullivan 6 (didnt have a save to make but commanded the box well)

Chambers
6 (coped well)
Shackell 7 (looked solid for 60 miniutes,not sure why he was took off tbh)
0 connor 8 (First to every ball and didnt look like he broke a sweat all game)
Roberts 7 (Consistent as ever and great running at defenders)

Oster 5 (looked very average in first half and had a shocker in the second)
Wilson 5 (His control was poor and he looked very tired today)
Stock 4(Not match fit!!!)
Coppinger
6 (Started well but his performance dipped as the game went on,good passing)
Sheils 6 (had and average game and looked decent with a couple of good attempts on goal)

Sharp 6 (looked good and very sharp but just didnt get the support he wanted)

We are out of the cup but i guess we can focus on the leauge now. Todays Game! Icon_cool
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Todays Game! Empty Re: Todays Game!

Post by yorkie64red Sun 24 Jan - 8:59:56

roversboy4lyf wrote:Todays game was terrible and so were Rovers,we gave the ball away so many times and they had some decent chances,sods substitutions baffled me too as Shackell was doing great but he took him off and put hird on who doesnt look up to it,they then knew how weak hird is and it was clear where our weak link was so they put hulse on who ran rings round hird.
Hird gave the ball away straight to there player and just didnt look intrested,he is only young but has loads and loads to learn,webster could have dealt better imo. Todays Game! Icon_eek
In the final 15 miniutes they kept the pressure up and hit a beauty on the edge of the box that somehow found its way into the top corner.
PLAYER RATINGS
Sullivan 6 (didnt have a save to make but commanded the box well)

Chambers
6 (coped well)
Shackell 7 (looked solid for 60 miniutes,not sure why he was took off tbh)
0 connor 8 (First to every ball and didnt look like he broke a sweat all game)
Roberts 7 (Consistent as ever and great running at defenders)

Oster 5 (looked very average in first half and had a shocker in the second)
Wilson 5 (His control was poor and he looked very tired today)
Stock 4(Not match fit!!!)
Coppinger
6 (Started well but his performance dipped as the game went on,good passing)
Sheils 6 (had and average game and looked decent with a couple of good attempts on goal)

Sharp 6 (looked good and very sharp but just didnt get the support he wanted)

We are out of the cup but i guess we can focus on the leauge now. Todays Game! Icon_cool

thanks for that Jack, i'm glad i did not go now, lets just put it down to one of those days, the one thing we know about Rovers though is that when we have a game like we have had today we normally repond so lets hope we do on tuesday night ,which is a game i would much sooner win then today.. Todays Game! Icon_smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sun 24 Jan - 9:17:01

Also why i am on a rant can i ask
why do we never shoot?
Someone answer that!
This tappy stuff is pleasing on the eye but so many times we could have had a shot and we kept on passing and then lost the chance>
SO ANNOYING!!!! Todays Game! Icon_evil
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 24 Jan - 9:25:56

I will answer that in the morning when i'm sober
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sun 24 Jan - 9:34:33

Personally would rather mess it up in the cup than the league although to concede in the 88th minute is frustrating

Glad I didn't go, was a cracker of a game at Meadow Lane - really they should have won. Martinez must have give them a right mouthful at half time, In the first half they looked woeful for a premier league side!
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 24 Jan - 20:52:22

yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sun 24 Jan - 21:01:04

Was he watching a different game to me as i thought we were nearly as bad as the Brentford game imo. Todays Game! Icon_sad

Back to reality on tuesday. Todays Game! Icon_biggrin
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 24 Jan - 21:02:35

roversboy4lyf wrote:Was he watching a different game to me as i thought we were nearly as bad as the Brentford game imo. Todays Game! Icon_sad

Back to reality on tuesday. Todays Game! Icon_biggrin

it would have been nice to have won, but to be honest i am not really bothered, i would much rather get the 3 points on Tuesday night, onwards and upwards jack.. Todays Game! Icon_biggrin
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sun 24 Jan - 21:04:19

Yes the results seem to be going our way recently with the lower teams pushing the play-off teams to the limit. Todays Game! Icon_smile
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 24 Jan - 21:13:44

roversboy4lyf wrote:Yes the results seem to be going our way recently with the lower teams pushing the play-off teams to the limit. Todays Game! Icon_smile

Could we do it, anythings possible.. Todays Game! Icon_cheers
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down