The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mixed feelings after todays game!

+3
superspy
yorkie64red
MR NEGATIVE
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mixed feelings after todays game! Empty Mixed feelings after todays game!

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sun 1 Nov - 8:50:21

Well i have a few mixed feelings after todays game,i thought we played well at times but on other occasions we looked lazy. I thought Coppinger was terrible and someone needs to talk to him about his attitude,everytime he made a bad pass he put his arms up and shifted the blame to somebody else.
He needs to really take the blame sometimes instead of shouting at someone else. Yes he has all the skill and pace but sometimes he thinks he is king of the field. Poor performance today from Coppinger.

Another negative point about how much we passed the ball,yes it looks nice but we seem to get in a good position and then we pass the ball back the the defence. Nobody in the team looked like they wanted to keep the ball,it was like we were trying to get the ball away as quick as possible. We were also far too tight and we never got the ball out wide enough. Blackpool are a team that struggle to defend when the ball is lobbed into the box and we just never put the ball into the box enough.
I understand sod is who he is and he likes nice tidy football but sometimes you have to change your tactics against some teams if you are to take all three points.

I was also annoyed at how late sod left the substitutes,ok Heffs came on with 10 miniutes to go and he can hardly make a impact in such a short period of time. I said to my mate that when we were 2-1 up with 35 miniutes to go that i would have bought Heffs on just to finish them off as we lacked the finishing touch as ever. I was also suprised that Fortune never started,he plays and puts in a good performance and then the following week he is dropped. (why sod)
Sometimes i wish we would get some sort of explanation telling us why we sit back and try to defend after taking the lead. We almost lost again after letting a lead slip. We were poor at the back today and some drastic changes are needed if we are to survive.
Descisions cost us again!

On the plus side though i was very happy with how the side kept on fighting to get a late equaliser as we normally just sit back and give up after conceding so late on. I thought the south stand were very loud today even when we were 3-2 down. The loudest i have heard our fans in a while at home.
I was very pleased for Sharp as he looked eager from start to finish and he looked very very pleased after he scored. Gillete seems to get stuck in when you consider how short he is. Good signing in my opinion. I think we were quite lucky though as Sharp was offside imo not that i give a dammm.

More negatives than positives today but a good point.
Some Changes are needed before the plymouth game as we were simply not good enough.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Mixed feelings after todays game! Empty Re: Mixed feelings after todays game!

Post by yorkie64red Sun 1 Nov - 9:02:47

Agree and Disagree with some of your points RoversBoy, It was never going to be a walkover today, Blackpool are sitting in the Playoff spots and are a very good footballing side, I do agree with you to some degree where Copps is concerned, he did not have a good game today by his normal standards but i would not go so far as to call him terrible everyone has a bad day and perhaps today was his, he has far more good ones thank god. I actually thought Sods substitutes were pretty much spot on today, bringing so many on in one go seemed to freshen up the side at a critical moment and we seemed to up the anti a bit once they came on. I think fortune must have been injured, i saw him arrive at the ground and he was not wearing rovers gear of any kind, he was smartly dressed and was late turning up compared to other players. I agree about Gillett he had another good game and is a brilliant signing for his size he is a tenacious little bugger, like you said this time last season we would not have drawn that game we are scoring goals all we need to do is to tighten up the defence and we will be ok, a win against Plymouth next saturday is a must.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Sun 1 Nov - 9:11:00

sorry mate but i think you are looking at this game through negativity-tinted glasses.

i think we put plenty of crosses into the box, the first and second goals came from them to start with.

i dont think we passed the ball about because nobody wanted to keep it, i think we passed it about because EVERYBODY wanted it today. given our current level of performance i wouldnt change our play style for anything, individual tactics i would change, formations i would change, overall style? definitely not.

i wouldnt say we were poor at the back either, the first goal was sloppy, but i personally think sulli saw it very late and couldnt really do a lot about it because of the bodies in front of him, it was just unfortunate. there second and third goals were VERY good, ok maybe somebody should have got a foot in for their second, but on the whole i definitely wouldnt class our back 4 as poor. chambers did MUCH better today than against newcastle, roberts played a very good attacking game, and the 2 center backs were pretty solid imo.

amazing how people watching the same game can have completely different outlooks, still, i love it all Smile

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 1 Nov - 9:19:38

yorkie64red wrote:Agree and Disagree with some of your points RoversBoy, It was never going to be a walkover today, Blackpool are sitting in the Playoff spots and are a very good footballing side, I do agree with you to some degree where Copps is concerned, he did not have a good game today by his normal standards but i would not go so far as to call him terrible everyone has a bad day and perhaps today was his, he has far more good ones thank god. I actually thought Sods substitutes were pretty much spot on today, bringing so many on in one go seemed to freshen up the side at a critical moment and we seemed to up the anti a bit once they came on. I think fortune must have been injured, i saw him arrive at the ground and he was not wearing rovers gear of any kind, he was smartly dressed and was late turning up compared to other players. I agree about Gillett he had another good game and is a brilliant signing for his size he is a tenacious little bugger, like you said this time last season we would not have drawn that game we are scoring goals all we need to do is to tighten up the defence and we will be ok, a win against Plymouth next saturday is a must.

We have the opposite problem to last season we can now score but have a leaky defense. SOD's 80 minute substitution mentality has to be criticised ; it happens too often usually with negative results. Please please it is high time somebody has a word with the fella. We all have a lot of admiration for him and his ethos of how to play good passing football but this safety mentality must stop and he must let the players off the leash to bury teams.
Too many times ( 8 in total so far), we have had the lead only to let the game slip through our fingers..........toughen up Rovers and grip teams /games by the throat and shake the life out of them. Then we will climb up the division and ........ONLY THEN!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sun 1 Nov - 9:21:41

Well i have just been thinking and he was limping a bit during the Newcastle game and he did take a bit of a knock so that explains that.
I would call Coppinger terrible though as by his standard he was but thats just my opinion i suppose. (we all have different views)
Yes sods subs did make a bit of a impact(Heffs nearly scoring) but maybe if they were 10-15 mins the outcome may have been different.
Obviously i was more than happy with a point but it is frustrating when deep inside i know we had more than enough chances to win the game.

Oh and superspy i may have been very negative but i obviously expect a lot more of my club than you maybe because your one of them from the older generation. (nothing wrong with that mate)
I agree that Sullivan was very unlucky as i think one of their players got a crucial touch on it.
We all have different views i suppose and that is what the forum is for. lol
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Sun 1 Nov - 9:28:42

roversboy4lyf wrote:

Oh and superspy i may have been very negative but i obviously expect a lot more of my club than you maybe because your one of them from the older generation. (nothing wrong with that mate)
I agree that Sullivan was very unlucky as i think one of their players got a crucial touch on it.
We all have different views i suppose and that is what the forum is for. lol

haha, amazing how i have the ability to give that impression off.

my friend, im 22 years old and have only really been a "die hard" support of the rovers for the last 3 years. so quite a n00bie really Wink

i just tend to look at things in a more positive light, don't get me wrong there ARE things i'd like to see done differently at DRFC, i just dont EXPECT anything. its especially frustrating for me at the minute because, as hoola knows, iv been to every home game this season EXCEPT FOR cardiff and peterborough....so i havent seen a win yet...gutted. BUT, even though some people say it sounds like a broken record, i know where we've been, i know we've got to where we've come from, how much our squad has cost and that we are where we are through merit rather than money, and THAT'S the reason i personally find it harder to criticise, if we had a team full of superstars i would probably find it a lot easier. Believe me i'm as disappointed as anybody when we dont win (even though the way in which we drew today felt as good as winning) i just think people need to get off the teams back sometimes and take a look at the big picture.

Pub team, 'avin a laugh
Pub team, Pub team 'avin a laugh

Smile

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 1 Nov - 9:36:01

superspy wrote:

my friend, im 22 years old and have only really been a "die hard" support of the rovers for the last 3 years. so quite a n00bie really Mixed feelings after todays game! Icon_wink

i just tend to look at things in a more positive light, don't get me wrong there ARE things i'd like to see done differently at DRFC, i just dont EXPECT anything. its especially frustrating for me at the minute because, as hoola knows, iv been to every home game this season EXCEPT FOR cardiff and peterborough....so i havent seen a win yet...gutted. BUT, even though some people say it sounds like a broken record, i know where we've been, i know we've got to where we've come from, how much our squad has cost and that we are where we are through merit rather than money, and THAT'S the reason i personally find it harder to criticise, if we had a team full of superstars i would probably find it a lot easier. Believe me i'm as disappointed as anybody when we dont win (even though the way in which we drew today felt as good as winning) i just think people need to get off the teams back sometimes and take a look at the big picture.

Pub team, 'avin a laugh

Mixed feelings after todays game! Icon_smile

I forgot about that, you really do need to start keeping away , for the right reasons you understand, bet you thought you had got that monkey of your back at one point today... Mixed feelings after todays game! Icon_biggrin Mixed feelings after todays game! Icon_biggrin Mixed feelings after todays game! Icon_biggrin Mixed feelings after todays game! Icon_biggrin Mixed feelings after todays game! Icon_biggrin Mixed feelings after todays game! Icon_biggrin Mixed feelings after todays game! Icon_biggrin
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Sun 1 Nov - 9:40:16

mate, rollercoaster for me today, when we got the second goal 10 seconds into the second half i thought we were going to destroy them.

when they were 3-2 up i was ready for binning my season ticket (purely for the good of the club)

when we equalised, i honestly was screaming so loud, my voice was all over the place and i was physically shaking. it felt amazing.

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 1 Nov - 9:43:02

superspy wrote:mate, rollercoaster for me today, when we got the second goal 10 seconds into the second half i thought we were going to destroy them.

when they were 3-2 up i was ready for binning my season ticket (purely for the good of the club)

when we equalised, i honestly was screaming so loud, my voice was all over the place and i was physically shaking. it felt amazing.

Just to put my mind at rest, your not going to Plymouth are you... Mixed feelings after todays game! Icon_lol Mixed feelings after todays game! Icon_lol Mixed feelings after todays game! Icon_lol Mixed feelings after todays game! Icon_lol Mixed feelings after todays game! Icon_lol
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Sun 1 Nov - 9:46:47

funnily enough no im not, i WAS going to, but obviously its on saturday, and im working friday night, so gauranteed we'll win.

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 1 Nov - 9:49:48

superspy wrote:funnily enough no im not, i WAS going to, but obviously its on saturday, and im working friday night, so gauranteed we'll win.

thank god for that.....
Mixed feelings after todays game! Viking53
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sun 1 Nov - 9:53:16

superspy wrote:

my friend, im 22 years old and have only really been a "die hard" support of the rovers for the last 3 years. so quite a n00bie really Wink

Pub team, 'avin a laugh

Smile

Well i have been to every game this season and i am quite pleased with how we are taking the lead but im also very concerned at how we are letting leads slip.
Come on Rovers get a grip.
Unfortuatley i wont be able to attend the Plymouth game. (i went last season and its a good weekend for anyone that is going.
Hopefully we will manage to get 3 points as they are a must.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 1 Nov - 9:55:49

roversboy4lyf wrote:

Well i have been to every game this season and i am quite pleased with how we are taking the lead but im also very concerned at how we are letting leads slip.
Come on Rovers get a grip.
Unfortuatley i wont be able to attend the Plymouth game. (i went last season and its a good weekend for anyone that is going.
Hopefully we will manage to get 3 points as they are a must.

If we play like we did today then we should be ok, wish i was going but will be listening in... Mixed feelings after todays game! Icon_smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sun 1 Nov - 9:58:09

Yeah they dont look great but got a great result at the riverside today so it willl be tough.

I think we will do em 2-0.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Sun 1 Nov - 10:17:48

yeah im not impressed with us dropping the leader either, but again, on the positive side, we are scoring now, we have more points and are in a better position than we were this time last year.

at least with all the goals we are being entertained Wink

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sun 1 Nov - 10:22:20

Yes and so are the oppisitions fans. lol
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Sun 1 Nov - 10:50:50

haha, fair enough, at least with these kind of scorelines we might see a creep in attendances. we can hope.

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 1 Nov - 22:29:34

I thought i would leave it till the morning after before i post on saturday's game in case i said something i should under the influence of drink. First of my apology for slating hayter a few weeks back without that brilliant cusioned header to bs to make it 3-3. Anyway my opinion on the game i have not read other comments so if i am repeating hings already said sorry doncaster mentallity seem to be go in front sit back again this was apparent yesterday the team is just about there but need fill in the cracks and donny will be a top team weather it is the manager has he told them to sit back i just don't know we need a result at plymouth next week now that is a cert
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 1 Nov - 22:37:03

pkt_drfc wrote:I thought i would leave it till the morning after before i post on saturday's game in case i said something i should under the influence of drink. First of my apology for slating hayter a few weeks back without that brilliant cusioned header to bs to make it 3-3. Anyway my opinion on the game i have not read other comments so if i am repeating hings already said sorry doncaster mentallity seem to be go in front sit back again this was apparent yesterday the team is just about there but need fill in the cracks and donny will be a top team weather it is the manager has he told them to sit back i just don't know we need a result at plymouth next week now that is a cert

Whats it like been Sober Pete...... Mixed feelings after todays game! Drunken_smilie Mixed feelings after todays game! Drunken_smilie Mixed feelings after todays game! Drunken_smilie Mixed feelings after todays game! Drunken_smilie Mixed feelings after todays game! Drunken_smilie Mixed feelings after todays game! Icon_pale Mixed feelings after todays game! Icon_pale Mixed feelings after todays game! Icon_pale Mixed feelings after todays game! Icon_biggrin especially at this time of day.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 1 Nov - 22:41:37

Good even a good walk from common to me mums near m18 in the rain wet through sobers you up good and proper
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 1 Nov - 22:47:52

pkt_drfc wrote:Good even a good walk from common to me mums near m18 in the rain wet through sobers you up good and proper

Well enjoy it while it lasts... Mixed feelings after todays game! Icon_biggrin
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Wizard Sun 1 Nov - 22:59:39

Well what a game it had it all today for me. Must say Blackpool are a very good side imo they have it all big,strong and they can play the right way as well. I have been impressed with our attacking play but i feel somtimes we are getting to many men forward and leaving gaping gaps at the back, on the other hand if we don't get all the men forward then you don't score i just think its a case of getting the balance right. Billy Sharp again was imense and after listening to is interview on radio Sheff he was gutted he missed the 2 one on ones in the first half. At the game when they got there first i was blaming Suli but after seeing it again on t.v it take a deflection of Ormorod i think it was and slips through his legs as for there other 2 then they was top goals that would of been hard for any keeper to stop. The subs although was on the 80th min sod would of known there was 5 mins extra to play so that give them 15 min and imo its long enough and we got the goal so you could say he got it spot on.

Red Wizard
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 2 Nov - 6:31:37

What's all this 'older generation shite, I live , breathe, sleep and die in a game whilst your lot are busy attending to your texts! Quote from Rover4 ...................... ''Oh and superspy i may have been very negative but i obviously expect a lot more of my club than you maybe because your one of them from the older generation. (nothing wrong with that mate)'' Evil or Very Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 2 Nov - 6:39:23

hoolahoop wrote:What's all this 'older generation shite, I live , breathe, sleep and die in a game whilst your lot are busy attending to your texts! Quote from Rover4 ...................... ''Oh and superspy i may have been very negative but i obviously expect a lot more of my club than you maybe because your one of them from the older generation. (nothing wrong with that mate)'' Mixed feelings after todays game! Icon_evil

Your not that old Hoola Mixed feelings after todays game! 2
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 2 Nov - 6:45:49

yorkie64red wrote:

Your not that old Hoola Mixed feelings after todays game! 2

Wished I could go on BladesMad and post my avatar on there............., thanks btw I'm a mere babby Cool Cool Cool
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next