The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Todays game

+3
dickos1
Dagenham Rover
yorkie64red
7 posters

Go down

Todays game Empty Todays game

Post by yorkie64red Sun 11 Nov - 6:55:01

Thought we actually played well...best home performance this season...should have had a penalty and a draw would probably have been a fair result..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Todays game Empty Re: Todays game

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 11 Nov - 7:50:04

Unfortunetly work called and I didn't have the pleasure of getting the binoculars out to see your feet draped over the seat in front and Vix stuffing pies Smile

The daft thing is some reports are saying we were crap and some are saying it was a much better performance,
My Missus is on the side of crap but she's got no right to comment as she hasn't seen us since last season Laughing good job she don't read this forum ............... i think
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sun 11 Nov - 8:09:22

It was a better performance than recent weeks, we played a lot better football than of late, yet we didn't get the result.
Some people have been saying they'd rather have decent performances and defeats rather than scraping victories from poor performances.
For me I'd much rather take a win no matter what the performance is like, I certainly felt much better after brentford than I do this evening.

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenrover Sun 11 Nov - 8:11:53

Well I thought it was a vast improvement on what we have been served for the majority of this season at home. I put that down to Clingans performance which from about 20mins into the game was excellent, just what we have been missing. The other thing missing but sadly not found today was an improvement in the performance in the last 1/3rd of their half, very little creativity and no attempt on goal until 70-75mins and then it was straight at James it was probably one of his easiest paydays.
Thought we should have had a pen for the trip on Syers and a draw would have probably been a fair result.
ravenrover
ravenrover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sun 11 Nov - 9:19:37

The performance was much better today, was nice to see them trying to hold on to the ball and pass it though I wish to God they wouldn't do that in front of their own goal

I think just about everyone would take a win first and foremost but if people are being logical there is no way we were going to steal wins from every bad performance - we've been lucky. Today we were unlucky as opposed to Tuesday where we were unbelievably bad. Although we were ineffective in the final third I don't think the performance warranted the boos and abuse from the crowd. The problem is they expect to win regardless now because we've pulled off some lucky wins previously. Another day that goal wouldn't have happened, we'd have got a penalty and everyone would have been saying how great we played

I thought Griffin and Clingan were good today, I thought Quinn was better at CB than RB I also thought Hume had an off day but thats life. I certainly don't let it make me unhappy on a Saturday night anymore
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sun 11 Nov - 11:06:38

I understand what your saying, but I think in this division the gritty workmanlike performances are what's required to succeed. Look at sheff utd, every day their fans are phoning up the radio saying how their performances are terrible and they're lucky every week.
16 games unbeaten can't be luck, Danny Wilson said he learnt last season that pretty football wasn't getting the results so over the summer he built a side he thought would get them promoted, a hard working solid side that doesn't look pretty but gets results.

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 12 Nov - 4:00:46

Sounds as though we played really well and were unfortunate not to win convincingly. Que sera sera etc......
Gutted I missed such a good home performance after Tuesday's debacle, I'm feeling upbeat now we have turned the corner.
What I can't understand is how the FL show never reflected how well we played our missed opportunities and penalty appeal. Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenrover Mon 12 Nov - 22:30:10

Hoola no way were we in a position to win comfortably, and I note your little wink, missed opportunities would have taken about 3 seconds to show there were hardly any but as SO'D would say it was all about performance today Crying or Very sad
ravenrover
ravenrover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Askern Rovers Tue 13 Nov - 2:32:24

I thought Donny performance was ok but not brilliant and in 2nd half I didnt like Bournemouth play the way because they are too defensive & didnt attack much really becuase I think their manager tactic play for 1 - 0. Iain Hume should take glory chance in last few minutes but he didnt take chance and he is nothing special but hard working player and I am disappointed with result.
Askern Rovers
Askern Rovers
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 13 Nov - 9:55:27

ravenrover wrote:Hoola no way were we in a position to win comfortably, and I note your little wink, missed opportunities would have taken about 3 seconds to show there were hardly any but as SO'D would say it was all about performance today Crying or Very sad

Well spotted ravenrover , there was more than a hint of cynicism in my post. We need to ''up'' our home performances considerably and quickly befgore we let too many points slip between our fingers.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down