The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil Brown will he be the first manager in the prem to get the chop?

+7
hoolahoop
Dan_the_Owl
FevTyke
yorkie64red
The Wednesday
Sacko
MattyDRFC
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Phil Brown will he be the first manager in the prem to get the chop? Empty Phil Brown will he be the first manager in the prem to get the chop?

Post by MattyDRFC Tue 29 Sep - 8:05:28

Well after a promising start to the premier league last season which surprised everyboby last season when Hull were 3rd in the prem,but since last Christmas they have been struggling alot to get results and was lucky to have kept ther place in the prem with Newcastle losing to Villla on the final day and with a bad start to season.Time is ticking for Brown am afraid.If Hull don't get 4 points in next 3 games then I won't be surprised to see him being the first manager in the premiership to get the sack
MattyDRFC
MattyDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Phil Brown will he be the first manager in the prem to get the chop? Empty Re: Phil Brown will he be the first manager in the prem to get the chop?

Post by Sacko Tue 29 Sep - 8:08:59

MattyDRFC wrote:Well after a promising start to the premier league last season which surprised everyboby last season when Hull were 3rd in the prem,but since last Christmas they have been struggling alot to get results and was lucky to have kept ther place in the prem with Newcastle losing to Villla on the final day and with a bad start to season.Time is ticking for Brown am afraid.If Hull don't get 4 points in next 3 games then I won't be surprised to see him being the first manager in the premiership to get the sack

Countless times Duffen has come out and defended him, so I think he has got a while yet.

As I have said, October has 4 games which on paper we could, should and must get points from.

If at the end of October we are still not looking like improving, then I assume action will of course be taken...
Sacko
Sacko

Back to top Go down

Phil Brown will he be the first manager in the prem to get the chop? Empty Re: Phil Brown will he be the first manager in the prem to get the chop?

Post by The Wednesday Thu 29 Oct - 6:22:04

Apparantly Sky were reporting earlier that he'd been sacked, and bookies have suspended betting on this. Although Hull have released a statement denying that he's not gone.

I've also heard that Adam Pearson will be joining you after resigning from Derby.

True?
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 29 Oct - 10:40:57

The Wednesday wrote:Apparantly Sky were reporting earlier that he'd been sacked, and bookies have suspended betting on this. Although Hull have released a statement denying that he's not gone.

I've also heard that Adam Pearson will be joining you after resigning from Derby.

True?

Somethings not right , it is been reported that they are heavily in Debt and relegation could be bad news for the club, there is no smoke without fire i suppose the next few days will be interesting.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 29 Oct - 21:14:01

On SSN the Chairman Paul Duffen has resigned from the club, lets see what happens next.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by FevTyke Fri 30 Oct - 1:23:02

Bookies suspending betting is usually a good sign that it's gonna happen. Well, most of the time anyway Laughing
FevTyke
FevTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Fri 30 Oct - 3:49:13

FevTyke wrote:Bookies suspending betting is usually a good sign that it's gonna happen. Well, most of the time anyway Laughing

Usually, but they suspended betting on Harry Redknapp going a few weeks back, and that turned out to be complete horse. That said, there definitely seems to be something afoot here, it remains to be seen exactly what.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 30 Oct - 6:34:36

yorkie64red wrote:On SSN the Chairman Paul Duffen has resigned from the club, lets see what happens next.

That suggests that the board at Dull has fallen out over his defense of Phil Brown............strange decision. Shocked
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Fri 30 Oct - 6:55:45

Brown will stay, Hull City to finish 4th
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 30 Oct - 10:14:38

hoolahoop wrote:
yorkie64red wrote:On SSN the Chairman Paul Duffen has resigned from the club, lets see what happens next.

That suggests that the board at Dull has fallen out over his defense of Phil Brown............strange decision. Phil Brown will he be the first manager in the prem to get the chop? Icon_eek

Think its more to do with there latest accounts been released ,they are upto there eyeballs in debt and relegation could push them into admin, if that is what going into the prem does to a club then they can keep it.. Phil Brown will he be the first manager in the prem to get the chop? Icon_rolleyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Sun 1 Nov - 5:32:13

Another loss, this time to Burnley. Only a matter of time methinks.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 1 Nov - 7:20:53

The Wednesday wrote:Another loss, this time to Burnley. Only a matter of time methinks.

Its not looking good for them is it, think the writing is probably on the wall for him but i can't see who could really do any better... Phil Brown will he be the first manager in the prem to get the chop? Icon_scratch
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Sun 1 Nov - 7:47:52

Steve Coppell.
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 1 Nov - 7:55:59

Shem_Swfc wrote:Steve Coppell.

He's already packing his suitcase I'm told! Going , going , GONE at or by the next defeat.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 1 Nov - 7:56:30

Shem_Swfc wrote:Steve Coppell.

Not so sure Shem, but if Brown does get the axe he might be a good choice, the trouble is i think it is things happening off the field that is starting to have an impact with on the field matters.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 3 Nov - 3:12:04

Not looking too good for him the new City chairman has told Brown he will be manager for the weekend game against Stoke but is offering no promises after that.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 3 Nov - 5:59:08

Looks ominous for Brown. He's done well to get Hull this far, but they looked doomed this season without a change of direction. I have to say though, other than Coppell, I'm struggling to think of a suitable replacement. Curbishley maybe? confused
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 3 Nov - 8:04:55

Dan_the_Owl wrote:Looks ominous for Brown. He's done well to get Hull this far, but they looked doomed this season without a change of direction. I have to say though, other than Coppell, I'm struggling to think of a suitable replacement. Curbishley maybe? confused

What about Laws or Blackwell ? Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 3 Nov - 8:07:34

hoolahoop wrote:

What about Laws or Blackwell ? Phil Brown will he be the first manager in the prem to get the chop? Icon_lol Phil Brown will he be the first manager in the prem to get the chop? Icon_lol

Oh you are funny Hoola.... Phil Brown will he be the first manager in the prem to get the chop? 4
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Fri 6 Nov - 5:11:41

Hasn't Phil Brown took Hull all the way up from the lower leagues to the Premiership?? Question
I think it would be a bit extreme to get rid of a manager because of relegation from the Premiership, but that's just me....
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Fri 6 Nov - 5:15:10

RedNinja wrote:Hasn't Phil Brown took Hull all the way up from the lower leagues to the Premiership?? Question
I think it would be a bit extreme to get rid of a manager because of relegation from the Premiership, but that's just me....

He's the victim of his own success to quote an old cliche.

It happened to Billy Davis at Derby, Andy Ritchie at Barnsley (except in the Championship), and probably loads more and loads to come. Chairmen and many fans have very short memories.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnzy Tue 15 Dec - 1:13:27

I still think Browny will end up getting sacked, when i dont know but i can just see it happening. Fair play he did brilliant to get us promoted to the premiership after nearly going down to league 1 the season before that but he has deffo become a victim of his own success. Results have changed and we have been playing well recently but i dont think that is down to Phil Brown at all, i think its been more a case of Bullard coming back from injury and Sir Adam taking control of the club once again. However in the past couple of games now Bullard will be out for a bit we have looked like we did at the start of the season, its as if theres no ambition in attack if Bullard isnt playing.

Barnzy
Hull Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 15 Dec - 9:46:30

Bullard is a massive loss and could cost you your place in the premiership
if you dont get him fit and playing
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnzy Tue 15 Dec - 10:01:16

He was unlucky gerin injured again really. Luckily its only 6-8 weeks and not a full season hes out injured though otherwise we would well and truly be up shit creek without a paddle. Personally though i think Browny should be sacked anyway based on this year, after all it is a results business and winning just 5 games in a year is unacceptable imo.

Barnzy
Hull Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 15 Dec - 10:05:27

Barnzy wrote:He was unlucky gerin injured again really. Luckily its only 6-8 weeks and not a full season hes out injured though otherwise we would well and truly be up shit creek without a paddle. Personally though i think Browny should be sacked anyway based on this year, after all it is a results business and winning just 5 games in a year is unacceptable imo.

Agreed on Bullard, such an important player for you.

You want Brown sacked? Who would you like to replace him with? (everyone's asking me that question right now, nice to be asking it Smile )
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next