The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

somethings just make you sick to your stomach

+2
yorkie64red
jucyberry
6 posters

Go down

somethings just make you sick to your stomach Empty somethings just make you sick to your stomach

Post by jucyberry Thu 8 Oct - 5:35:22

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Louisa-Watts-Woman-106-Loses-Wolverhampton-Care-Home-Eviction-Fight/Article/200910115401356?f=rss

Why is it in this country that the only people to have any rights are the wild, the feral and the dishonest?

I saw this on the news the other week and thought at the time how inhumane it was..as we get older does authority think that along with our faculties our need for a secure and safe environment diminshes also? To forcibly, and yes to me to remove a person from their home, friends and psudo family is I feel a forcible act and is reprehensible.. these pentioners ask for nothing but to live out the rest of their lives in their home.. It is the only one they have now, and they are happy there..

but I forgot, being happy isn't a requirement these days in Britain is it? We can squander money on allsorts of daft PC ideals, throw cash away on playstations and adventure holidays for every scallywag who mugs an old person, but just let an old lady in her last months live where she feels safe.............................................no way.
jucyberry
jucyberry
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

somethings just make you sick to your stomach Empty Re: somethings just make you sick to your stomach

Post by yorkie64red Thu 8 Oct - 5:47:31

jucyberry wrote:http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Louisa-Watts-Woman-106-Loses-Wolverhampton-Care-Home-Eviction-Fight/Article/200910115401356?f=rss

Why is it in this country that the only people to have any rights are the wild, the feral and the dishonest?

I saw this on the news the other week and thought at the time how inhumane it was..as we get older does authority think that along with our faculties our need for a secure and safe environment diminshes also? To forcibly, and yes to me to remove a person from their home, friends and psudo family is I feel a forcible act and is reprehensible.. these pentioners ask for nothing but to live out the rest of their lives in their home.. It is the only one they have now, and they are happy there..

but I forgot, being happy isn't a requirement these days in Britain is it? We can squander money on allsorts of daft PC ideals, throw cash away on playstations and adventure holidays for every scallywag who mugs an old person, but just let an old lady in her last months live where she feels safe.............................................no way.

There are times i wish i had the money to get out of this country, i'm afraid money talks suppose it always has and always will, people come a very long way down the pecking order, like you say if your one of the wasters who gives nothing but takes all you are well rewarded in todays Britain.. one day they will get a shock when they find out theres bugger all left they have had it all. somethings just make you sick to your stomach Icon_mad
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

somethings just make you sick to your stomach Empty Re: somethings just make you sick to your stomach

Post by hoolahoop Sat 10 Oct - 8:18:55

yorkie64red wrote:
jucyberry wrote:http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Louisa-Watts-Woman-106-Loses-Wolverhampton-Care-Home-Eviction-Fight/Article/200910115401356?f=rss

There are times i wish i had the money to get out of this country, i'm afraid money talks suppose it always has and always will, people come a very long way down the pecking order, like you say if your one of the wasters who gives nothing but takes all you are well rewarded in todays Britain.. one day they will get a shock when they find out theres bugger all left they have had it all. somethings just make you sick to your stomach Icon_mad

It's shameful, I wished i was 20 years younger as I would definitely 'ship out' of our disgrace of a country. The old, sick and disabled are left to fend for themselves, with generally little or no help, whilst the greedy, dishonest and downright mean profit greatly from their behaviour with impunity.
A once great country has gradually been turned into the sewer of Europe generally with the help of mealy-mouthed liberals who both wittingly and more sadly unwittingly seeking to improve society. Time to get tough on the turds of our society before the lunatics completely run the asylum........if it's not too late as I fear it might be!! Sad Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by thornabyred Sun 11 Oct - 2:39:20

This care home case is very similar to one I was helping fight just over a year ago. Very similar, we had a 102 year old woman in that instance.
Stockton Council wanted it closed as it wa snot fit for purpose and needed over £2 million to bring it up to scratch.
All but one resident were happy to move out but Ms Hossack was brought in when local ex Labour councillors saw the opportunity to bloody the nose of the ruling Lab/Con pact.
In my mind they conned the family of Sarah the old lady into fighting it in the courts which they lost and also lost the appeal. She moved out amid tv and media coverage and settled into new home straight away.The council even moved her old nurses with her to help her settle in.
The building is still empty 14 months later with plans to flatten it and build a new care home on hold dueto lack of funds.
The site I set up is still online to remind councillors what they said and did or didnt do at the time.http://saveparkview.orgfree.com/
thornabyred
thornabyred

http://www.thornaby.org.uk,

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 11 Oct - 9:04:33

thornabyred wrote:This care home case is very similar to one I was helping fight just over a year ago. Very similar, we had a 102 year old woman in that instance.
Stockton Council wanted it closed as it wa snot fit for purpose and needed over £2 million to bring it up to scratch.
All but one resident were happy to move out but Ms Hossack was brought in when local ex Labour councillors saw the opportunity to bloody the nose of the ruling Lab/Con pact.
In my mind they conned the family of Sarah the old lady into fighting it in the courts which they lost and also lost the appeal. She moved out amid tv and media coverage and settled into new home straight away.The council even moved her old nurses with her to help her settle in.
The building is still empty 14 months later with plans to flatten it and build a new care home on hold dueto lack of funds.
The site I set up is still online to remind councillors what they said and did or didnt do at the time.http://saveparkview.orgfree.com/

Well at least you can say you did your best, so many people these days just can't be bothered, well done.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Fri 13 Nov - 10:16:03

It annoys me when people who are happy somewhere have to move around for the councils sake and then the council don't do what they say they are going to. If you aren't ready leave people where they are rather than trying to move them around.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyGirl Fri 13 Nov - 19:28:33

I trust you will remember this Terrier - if you ever try to get me into a 'nursing' or don't care home ................. pale

I promise to return from my grave and haunt you!!!!
affraid affraid

LuckyGirl
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 13 Nov - 19:58:19

Weve got you a room booked in the soon to be opened Tamara rest home for old codgers, strictly only for old Tamarians, you will be sharing with a lady who was once nearly a member so at least you will have company..somethings just make you sick to your stomach 7 Won't that be nice.. somethings just make you sick to your stomach Icon_smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Fri 13 Nov - 21:04:39

LuckyGirl wrote:I trust you will remember this Terrier - if you ever try to get me into a 'nursing' or don't care home ................. pale

I promise to return from my grave and haunt you!!!!
affraid affraid

Hmmmmm I shall remember that !!!! Don't think I want that lol!!! Razz However this Tamarian's care home sounds quite good to me, might send you there instead!!! Razz

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down