The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scunny v Rovers

+4
MattyDRFC
Upwind
hoolahoop
yorkie64red
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Scunny v Rovers Empty Scunny v Rovers

Post by yorkie64red Mon 11 Oct - 4:02:01

My most local Derby , should be a sell out as far as Rovers fans are concerned, hopefully Billy will bang a couple in but if he does hope he controls himself don't want him getting anymore yellows or he will face a ban , going for a Rovers win 1-2 ....can't wait..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Scunny v Rovers Empty Re: Scunny v Rovers

Post by hoolahoop Mon 11 Oct - 4:06:45

yorkie64red wrote:My most local Derby , should be a sell out as far as Rovers fans are concerned, hopefully Billy will bang a couple in but if he does hope he controls himself don't want him getting anymore yellows or he will face a ban , going for a Rovers win 1-2 ....can't wait..

Ditto but I'm going for a 2-0 win to the mighty Hoops. Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 11 Oct - 4:08:04

hoolahoop wrote:

Ditto but I'm going for a 2-0 win to the mighty Hoops. Smile

Will have to have a pint or two after the game to celebrate... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 11 Oct - 4:21:32

yorkie64red wrote:

Will have to have a pint or two after the game to celebrate... Laughing

The damn KO time has messed that up a tad but I'm sure we can arrange something. Wink drunken drunken drunken
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 11 Oct - 5:10:35

hoolahoop wrote:

The damn KO time has messed that up a tad but I'm sure we can arrange something. Wink drunken drunken drunken

Yeah forgot about that....whats that all about... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 11 Oct - 5:15:54

yorkie64red wrote:

Yeah forgot about that....whats that all about... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I'm not sure but they always do it for us , maybe we should kick the shite out of the place as a form of protest! Hmmmm too much shit round that place...........we won't have the time! scratch
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 11 Oct - 5:24:21

Rovers striker Steve Brooker is hoping to be included in the squad for Saturday's away game at Scunthorpe United after recovering from his latest injury.
Brooker has been forced back onto the sidelines for the last couple of games with a groin injury after being included on the bench in the opening few games of the season.
He said: "I picked it up in training when I was working hard and trying to push on and it set me back a week to 10 days. But I've been back training with the lads for over two weeks now without any reaction. I've also been doing a bit of extra training because I'm still a bit behind on my fitness. I'm feeling good and I'm just looking to work hard and get myself fitter every day. The club had a practice match a couple of weeks ago against Chesterfield and it was disappointing to miss out due to the groin injury. Hopefully they will arrange one next week with it being the international break and not having had a game at the weekend."
Despite being on the sidelines for most of the last two years, Brooker is confident that he can quickly find his form once he is given a chance.
He added: "I've found my form in training. It is just being fit enough to be able to produce it for a long time in a game and that is why I am working so hard in training and and why the niggly injuries, which all players pick up, are so frustrating."
Steve also reaslises that it may be necessary to take a loan move to get some games in. He said: "I've not ruled out going out on loan to get some games under my belt. t's an option if me and the gaffer think that is the best road to take, but at this moment in time it is just a case of getting my head down and working hard and be ready when I get my chance."

from doncaster rovers.co.uk
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 11 Oct - 5:38:57

I wished he would just be available properly or be 'shipped out', he will be 65 soon and ready for full-time retirement at this rate. Shocked
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 11 Oct - 6:02:43

hoolahoop wrote:I wished he would just be available properly or be 'shipped out', he will be 65 soon and ready for full-time retirement at this rate. Shocked

Don't be ageist..... Laughing Laughing Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 12 Oct - 4:53:32

yorkie64red wrote:

Don't be ageist..... Laughing Laughing Laughing

How about............''realist' ? Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 12 Oct - 9:29:00

hoolahoop wrote:

How about............''realist' ? Laughing

Well some of us were that last season..... Laughing Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Tue 12 Oct - 19:49:41

There is a similar article here

http://www.doncaster.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=216564

I didn't realise that Brooker had signed a 2 and a half year contract. He is on our books until July 2011 then - unless he gets fit and starts banging them in Shocked

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyDRFC Tue 12 Oct - 22:05:34

Another stupid midday kick off

Always one of the top games of the season this, plenty of goals, action, sendings off, fights the lot. Add in both teams have a striker who played for the other and a 25 minute journey and you have a good game. Not much difference in time between a trip to the Keepmoat and a trip to Scunny for me so this is always a highlight. Should be a cracker.
MattyDRFC
MattyDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 13 Oct - 8:19:14

MattyDRFC wrote:Another stupid midday kick off

Always one of the top games of the season this, plenty of goals, action, sendings off, fights the lot. Add in both teams have a striker who played for the other and a 25 minute journey and you have a good game. Not much difference in time between a trip to the Keepmoat and a trip to Scunny for me so this is always a highlight. Should be a cracker.

Matty is that really you Shocked ...........where have you been ? Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 13 Oct - 8:48:59

Not long now looking forward to this 1
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 13 Oct - 8:58:03

pkt_drfc wrote:Not long now looking forward to this 1

Just wondering where to have that pre match drink now the dolphin is closed... scratch
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 13 Oct - 9:02:05

yorkie64red wrote:

Just wondering where to have that pre match drink now the dolphin is closed... scratch

Stop 'rubbing it in' you twat. Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 13 Oct - 9:04:50

hoolahoop wrote:

Stop 'rubbing it in' you twat. Sad

Look on the bright side Hoola, at least you won't get a parking fine... Razz Razz Razz Razz
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 13 Oct - 9:06:33

True just bring the points home and I'll join you later for a pint and the 'lowdown' Very Happy
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 13 Oct - 9:09:26

hoolahoop wrote:True just bring the points home and I'll join you later for a pint and the 'lowdown' Very Happy

Well i will bring them home, Pkt lost them at watford... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 13 Oct - 9:13:03

yorkie64red wrote:

Well i will bring them home, Pkt lost them at watford... Laughing

Unreliable that lad , probably fell out of his pocket when he was buying yet more burgers/pies. Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 13 Oct - 9:15:13

hoolahoop wrote:

Unreliable that lad , probably fell out of his pocket when he was buying yet more burgers/pies. Laughing

Thats exactly how he lost them, holding two burgers a pie and a pint as well as 3 points is difficult for most people, suppose thats where extra fingers come in useful.... Laughing Laughing Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 13 Oct - 9:18:20

hoolahoop wrote:

I will have you know i am a diet because my MUM yes my MUM has decided she is on a diet so that means i am not funny. Oh no i can NOT have BURGERS or STEAKS i am on salad bloody salad a quick Fart and a Burp and your starving again
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 13 Oct - 9:19:27

pkt_drfc wrote:

I will have you know i am a diet because my MUM yes my MUM has decided she is on a diet so that means i am not funny. Oh no i can NOT have BURGERS or STEAKS i am on salad bloody salad a quick Fart and a Burp and your starving again

What no more Awanz....how you managing to live... Laughing Laughing Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 13 Oct - 9:28:32

pkt_drfc wrote:

Most people just go on one but you ARE one ..........no wonder you're soooooo grumpy. lol! lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next