The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've had a dream

3 posters

Go down

I've had a dream Empty I've had a dream

Post by bentley bullet Thu 30 Dec - 12:27:25

Dead vivid it was. I was in the Toad brewery watching the telly prior to the Scunthorpe match when one of the blokes behind the bar switched over the channel and put Crimewatch on. I said “excuse me, I was watching the football” to which he replied “Sorry mate, but you’ll like this, It’s showing exclusive footage of the Rovers game at Leicester city, detailing the referees performance, including the penalty incident. There’s a number to contact if you were there to witness it.”
Then as I watched the programme I noticed a Scunthorpe fan in the corner of my eye looking out of the door towards the stadium. I said “how do”, to which he replied “I can’t believe that the superb stadiums in this country have been overlooked by the world cup committee. Just look at that magnificent ground over there, what a travesty it is that the world cup isn’t going to be held in this country.” He got more and more heated as he stared in wonderment at the construction. Then he said “I mean, what has Qatar got to offer? Does anyone know any Qatar players? Who’s your favourite Qatar player?” To which I had to chuckle when I heard someone near me answer “Eric Clapton!”
A couple of pints later we were at the match. Rovers overcame an early onslaught from a lively Scunthorpe side to take the lead on 17 minutes. It was a stunning effort from, you’ve guessed it, Scunthorpe’s most famous son, MARK WILSON.
HT Rovers 1 Scunthorpe 0
Rovers came out all guns blazing second half. Scunthorpe were second best throughout, but it was one of those games where it looked like the visitors could steal a goal. They didn’t though, in fact Rovers got another on 61 mins, this time it was BILLY SHARP, another Sean O’Driscoll discovery plucked from obscurity in the bowels of Sheffield United’s reserves.
Rovers 2 Scunthorpe 0
bentley bullet
bentley bullet
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

I've had a dream Empty Re: I've had a dream

Post by hoolahoop Fri 31 Dec - 6:11:43

Great dream I will go with that result but how come you met the solitary Scunt at the game ? lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 31 Dec - 6:14:20

hoolahoop wrote:Great dream I will go with that result but how come you met the solitary Scunt at the game ? lol!

Well i had a dream that Billy was gonna get his hat trick...i prefer mine... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 1 Jan - 5:48:59

See you posted that on iron mad Bentley...didn't seem to appreciate it though.. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down