The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've had a dream

4 posters

Go down

I've had a dream Empty I've had a dream

Post by bentley bullet Fri 4 Nov - 0:04:20

Dead vivid it was. My mate and I were in Ipswich pre match looking for a pub when we saw in a chemists shop window ’Free Ipswich Town season tickets inside’. I said to my mate “you ought to go in and get a couple, and then we can get in for now’t today!” He agreed and nervously went in. About 5 minutes later he walked out with a packet of condoms. “Why you got them?” I said. “Because I was too bloody embarrassed to get the season tickets”, he said.
Shortly after we found a pub called the George and Dragon. Dead livid I was as the ignorant landlady slammed the drinks onto the bar after pouring them. No wonder the place was empty. The beer was like battery acid and it was a bonus that we were asked to leave after asking her where George was.
We made our way to the ground and due to our early arrival went into the club shop. Ipswich shirts were for sale in abundance, and I’m not surprised at £40 a go. After all it’s hardly a unique design unlike the mighty Rovers one. We did come across a rack with a couple of Ipswich shirts for a fiver each though, but on further inspection they weren’t worth even that with Sharp and Coppinger on the backs.
Next thing the game was kicking off and the body language of the Rovers players suggested that they were very much up for this one. El Hadji Diouf continued where he left off against Middlesbrough by being head and shoulders the best player on the pitch, and his presence enhanced Billy Sharp’s game no end. It was the new dynamic pairing that linked up to give Rovers an early lead, when Diouf cleverly put SHARP through to open the scoring on thirteen minutes.
Ipswich came back to pound the Rovers goal, but it was Rovers who scored again, when great link up work from Diouf put SHARP through again to make it 2-0 (33 mins).
H.T. Ipswich 0 Rovers 2
Second half started with Rovers customarily going into their shell, and Ipswich took advantage with an early goal (46 mins).
Low and behold, inspired by this Ipswich equalised two minutes later.
A minute or so after that Ipswich almost took the lead, but for a great goal line save from Gillett.
Rovers weathered the storm and went ahead again when Diouf broke away against the run of play to unselfishly feed SHARP with his hat-trick on 67 mins.
Ipswich heads dropped after this and Rovers really turned on the style.
Playing great flowing football, Rovers found the net again when Sharp found himself clear, but returned favour by feeding the ball to DIOUF who promptly obliged by slamming the ball into the net.
WHAT A PARTNERSHIP!
Ipswich 2 Rovers 4

Last edited by bentley bullet on Fri 4 Nov - 22:45:20; edited 1 time in total
bentley bullet
bentley bullet
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

I've had a dream Empty Re: I've had a dream

Post by the vicar Fri 4 Nov - 6:43:27

keep your dreams to y sen they never come true good story though

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 4 Nov - 6:48:51

the vicar wrote:keep your dreams to y sen they never come true good story though

Pessimist....i think he has got this one spot on... Razz
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Fri 4 Nov - 6:55:35

i will be there so if its wrong heads will roll lol going in the morning tomoz for thy ramada hotell £96 weekend for b n b for 2 thats a good offer i think

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 4 Nov - 7:56:44

the vicar wrote:i will be there so if its wrong heads will roll lol going in the morning tomoz for thy ramada hotell £96 weekend for b n b for 2 thats a good offer i think

If BB's dream doesn't come right just send the bill to BB sorted unless your names BB Smile
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Fri 4 Nov - 8:11:37

no its DC LOL

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by bentley bullet Sun 6 Nov - 21:31:49

bentley bullet wrote:
Next thing the game was kicking off and the body language of the Rovers players suggested that they were very much up for this one. El Hadji Diouf continued where he left off against Middlesbrough by being head and shoulders the best player on the pitch, and his presence enhanced Billy Sharp’s game no end.
it was Rovers who scored again, when great link up work put SHARP through again to make it 2-0

Second half started with Rovers customarily going into their shell, and Ipswich took advantage with an early goal.

WHAT A PARTNERSHIP!

Uncanny! Wink
bentley bullet
bentley bullet
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 6 Nov - 21:33:57

bentley bullet wrote:

Uncanny! Wink

Smile actually not far off...............for once lol!
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 7 Nov - 0:01:10

bentley bullet wrote:

Uncanny! Wink

I would have thought you would have had a bit more faith in your dreams...you almost seem surprised... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down