The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saunders, i'll get it right...

+3
Dagenham Rover
VixDRFC
yorkie64red
7 posters

Go down

Saunders, i'll get it right... Empty Saunders, i'll get it right...

Post by yorkie64red Mon 21 Nov - 8:24:01

Doncaster Rovers boss Dean Saunders says he will get it right despite a poor performance at Barnsley, which sees them remain at the foot of the championship table.

Doncaster went down 2-0 in the South Yorkshire derby at Barnsley and never looked like making it back-to-back wins in a lacklustre display.

Speaking after the game, Saunders said, 'We didn't look sharp enough. Their first goal was a clumsy effort.

They were better than us. We didn't start well. We are still at the bottom but I will get it right. We never had a shot at goal until we were two down. They looked sharper than us all around the pitch.'

Saunders also feels the players let the Doncaster supporters down, with over 2000 making the trip to Oakwell. 'I feel bad for our supporters because it's a local derby and after our performance at Ipswich they were expecting something better today. We had a terrific following today and I thank them for coming, We have got to give them something to cheer about. We are working as hard as we can to turn it around and I will," Saunders continued.

Doncaster remain level on points with Coventry at the bottom of the table with twelve points, but with an inferior goal difference. Third from bottom, Bristol City won this weekend to put a four-point gap between them and the bottom two. Doncaster are six points away from safety with Burnley and Millwall both on eighteen points.

Read more: http://www.doncaster.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=263039#ixzz1eHbYFXIR
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Saunders, i'll get it right... Empty Re: Saunders, i'll get it right...

Post by VixDRFC Mon 21 Nov - 8:27:38

Why am I not convinced? Rolling Eyes
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Mon 21 Nov - 8:32:20

VixDRFC wrote:Why am I not convinced? Rolling Eyes

I seem to remember the "I'll get it right" bit once or twice before............already
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Mon 21 Nov - 8:34:52

Dagenham Rover wrote:

I seem to remember the "I'll get it right" bit once or twice before............already

Well he might do, Nigel Clough got it right at Derby eventually. Unfortunately for Saunders we have neither 2 seasons or an adequate league placing at the current time to ride the storm
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 21 Nov - 8:36:00

Dagenham Rover wrote:

Hmmm that's because you have and I'm not convinced either sadly. Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Mon 21 Nov - 17:12:23

Got to agree with vix!! Maybe if you were to keep him on he would become Donnys best man but have you got the time and the league position to take the gamble??? Just how far would going down set you back? If you could come straight back up as champions you'd attract bigger crowds ready for the season after.
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 22 Nov - 8:03:09

NorthRed wrote:Got to agree with vix!! Maybe if you were to keep him on he would become Donnys best man but have you got the time and the league position to take the gamble??? Just how far would going down set you back? If you could come straight back up as champions you'd attract bigger crowds ready for the season after.

I'm not sure he would be the right man short/medium or long term NR, we will see he hasn't got much time to prove himself before the patience of the supporters runs out.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Askern Rovers Tue 22 Nov - 23:13:45

Dean Saunders made mistake let 3 players in team at Barnsley because before game he knew Shelton Martis (groin), Brian Stock hadn't trained during international break and Billy Sharp had a bit of groin strain so you can see why team played poor
Askern Rovers
Askern Rovers
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 23 Nov - 1:17:05

Askern Rovers wrote:Dean Saunders made mistake let 3 players in team at Barnsley because before game he knew Shelton Martis (groin), Brian Stock hadn't trained during international break and Billy Sharp had a bit of groin strain so you can see why team played poor

Never knew that to be honest
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Askern Rovers Wed 23 Nov - 5:24:32

Found out in the star article yeserday about player injury
Askern Rovers
Askern Rovers
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down