The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on today?

3 posters

Go down

Thoughts on today? Empty Thoughts on today?

Post by Dan_the_Owl Sun 8 Nov - 10:20:32

A few positives from today's game, despite the defeat. Hinds certainly isn't disappointing, seems to be forging a decent partnership with Lewis Buxton (much improved again back in natural position)...at the very least an improvement on Purse and Wood. Simek's rehabilitation continues with another good outing. Unfortunately, I thought Tommy struggled again today, he leaves us exposed too often for my liking.

In the midfield, Miller seems to be getting mixed reviews elsewhere, and while I didn't think he set things alight today, I thought he done more than enough to merit another shot on the right hand side. Unlucky not to score. A run in the side was always going to be necessary to properly judge the man, lets hope that begins here.

The big letdown for me today was Laws, particularly substitutions. Now while this has never been his forte, some of his decisions today were very strange to say the least. Sean McAllister is not, nor ever will be, a right sided midfielder. How that cannot be apparent by now is beyond me. By bringing him on, rather than, say, Esajas, it was made clear that we were probably happy with the point, rather than pushing on at a time when the game was there for the taking. And Richard Wood. Why? Surprised

By the way, I'm not jumping aboard the now seemingly packed 'LAWS OUT' Owlstalk bandwagon anytime soon, just providing some constructive criticism. We were up against a QPR side that has been playing well lately, and on another day, could easily have come away with something from the game. Brian Laws is still the best option available to Sheffield Wednesday, and will be for the forseeable future, in my humble opinion. Smile
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on today? Empty Re: Thoughts on today?

Post by The Wednesday Sun 8 Nov - 23:25:28

Agree completely with the first paragraph. Hinds and Buxton were brilliant together. Simek was ok, not fantastic, but I don't expect him to come in and be the same player he was 18 months ago straight away.

I thought Miller was brilliant, our best player by quite a bit, certainly deserves to keep his place on the right for the forseeable future.

I agree that Laws' substiutions were odd, and with what you said about McAllister. Playing him on the right makes little sense.

Also agree that Laws should not be sacked.

We did not deserve to lose yesterday, but i'm not sure we deserved to win either. A draw would have been extremely fair.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 10 Nov - 6:48:03

The Wednesday wrote:Agree completely with the first paragraph. Hinds and Buxton were brilliant together. Simek was ok, not fantastic, but I don't expect him to come in and be the same player he was 18 months ago straight away.

I thought Miller was brilliant, our best player by quite a bit, certainly deserves to keep his place on the right for the forseeable future.

I agree that Laws' substiutions were odd, and with what you said about McAllister. Playing him on the right makes little sense.

Also agree that Laws should not be sacked.

We did not deserve to lose yesterday, but i'm not sure we deserved to win either. A draw would have been extremely fair.

Dan , you're in the same sort of run as us! What should be wins/draws are turning into draws and defeats! Shocked
The tide will turn it always does but it's bloody frustrating when you feel you are playing well. Anyway there's always the next game eh ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 10 Nov - 9:59:59

hoolahoop wrote:The tide will turn it always does but it's bloody frustrating when you feel you are playing well. Anyway there's always the next game eh ?

If we couldn't believe in the next game, we couldn't turn up the way we do. Laughing

We do seem to be stuck in a similar rut. But as you say, results will come!
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down