The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diouf & Piq

+6
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
Silent Majority
Irish Contingent
donnyroversfc
yorkie64red
pkt_drfc
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Diouf & Piq Empty Diouf & Piq

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 8 Apr - 5:24:41

App are both done for the remainder of the season so looks like we will be playing our start of the season squad to finish it off with
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Diouf & Piq Empty Re: Diouf & Piq

Post by yorkie64red Sun 8 Apr - 5:28:03

Why whats Diouf done...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 8 Apr - 5:29:37

According to radio done his hamstring
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Sun 8 Apr - 5:30:15

Oh well... Nevermind.

Atleast if they are out for a long time then i'll get my wish of McKay not making much money from his 'strategy'.

Everyone does realise that McKay will be receiving cuts of players signing bonus's when they sign for another club and Rovers will be receiving nothing right?

He might make 50p at this rate, i wonder whether he will invoice the £100 p/w from us after all...
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Sun 8 Apr - 20:39:39

You do realise WM is not the Agent of either player, so why would he recieve anything.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Mon 9 Apr - 6:40:21

Irish Contingent wrote:You do realise WM is not the Agent of either player, so why would he recieve anything.

He's not Ilunga's agent either but as he said at the time, if he gets them a move, he negotiates his fee.

donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Mon 9 Apr - 18:09:15

It is written on London Buses "Typhoo Tea", doesnt mean they sell the stuff. Or does it?.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Mon 9 Apr - 22:34:55

I'm sure if the bus company thought a profit was to be made from selling typhoo tea then they'd sell it...

Can i have an all day saver and a cuppa Chai please.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent Majority Tue 10 Apr - 6:27:22

donnyroversfc wrote:Oh well... Nevermind.

Atleast if they are out for a long time then i'll get my wish of McKay not making much money from his 'strategy'.

Everyone does realise that McKay will be receiving cuts of players signing bonus's when they sign for another club and Rovers will be receiving nothing right?

He might make 50p at this rate, i wonder whether he will invoice the £100 p/w from us after all...

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story will you!!

Do you know anything about the contractual obligations of players, agents and clubs because every time you post you get it all wrong?

Silent Majority
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Tue 10 Apr - 9:02:21

Silent Majority wrote:

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story will you!!

Do you know anything about the contractual obligations of players, agents and clubs because every time you post you get it all wrong?

Go on then, enlighten us all with your snippets of information.

McKay said himself that he'll be negotiating his fee if a player gets a move so i'm not wrong there.

WE'RE DONNY ROVERS, WE FCUK OURSELVES UP!
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent Majority Tue 10 Apr - 20:12:59

donnyroversfc wrote:

Go on then, enlighten us all with your snippets of information.

McKay said himself that he'll be negotiating his fee if a player gets a move so i'm not wrong there.

WE'RE DONNY ROVERS, WE FCUK OURSELVES UP!

You've just answered my question for me, you don't know anything about the contractual law that governs what agents can and cannot do.

Silent Majority
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Tue 10 Apr - 21:41:12

Silent Majority wrote:

You've just answered my question for me, you don't know anything about the contractual law that governs what agents can and cannot do.

So are you saying that McKay cant claim a fee if Ilunga or any of the others move on to a club?
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Tue 10 Apr - 23:05:16

If McKay is their agent, of course he will be able to, but not if he is not their licensed agent. Also, as the player(s) are not contractually bound to DRFC any money agent makes comes from BUYING club or SELLING club, not DRFC. So, it matters not whether McKay recieves a payment or not.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Tue 10 Apr - 23:18:59

Irish Contingent wrote:If McKay is their agent, of course he will be able to, but not if he is not their licensed agent. Also, as the player(s) are not contractually bound to DRFC any money agent makes comes from BUYING club or SELLING club, not DRFC. So, it matters not whether McKay recieves a payment or not.

Ofcourse it matters, McKay would be profiting from Rovers while we recieve nothing out of it, just relegation, a loss of self respect and make ourselves look stupid in the process. Which is what i said would happen all along.

Some people may be ok with McKay profiting from us, but im not. Makes me feel sick!
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Wed 11 Apr - 1:06:11

Ok, so if ALL the players who came to DRFC under the "experiment" find new clubs in the summer ( some will , some wont ), none will involve a fee so why should DRFC make anything. DRFC paid them peanuts when we had them, thats where DRFC "Profit" comes in. Dieuf on 5K when he could be on 3 times that, Likewise Chimbonda, all the 2K a week "Loans", why should DRFC make anything on them. Mckay is agent to only Pascal Chimbonda, so thats where he he can make a bit, as HIS AGENT. None of others are McKay men, so no payment due.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Wed 11 Apr - 1:28:09

Irish Contingent wrote:Ok, so if ALL the players who came to DRFC under the "experiment" find new clubs in the summer ( some will , some wont ), none will involve a fee so why should DRFC make anything. DRFC paid them peanuts when we had them, thats where DRFC "Profit" comes in. Dieuf on 5K when he could be on 3 times that, Likewise Chimbonda, all the 2K a week "Loans", why should DRFC make anything on them. Mckay is agent to only Pascal Chimbonda, so thats where he he can make a bit, as HIS AGENT. None of others are McKay men, so no payment due.

Ofcourse he'll be recieving payment, he said in his interview that he's here to make himself some money, plus he mentioned after we first signed Ilunga (on loan) that if he manages to move him on then he'll negotiate his fee. So either he's the agent for Ilunga also or he's allowed to make money from players not on his books?

Rovers have been relegated and are currently bottom of the league so we haven't profited whatsoever, financially or by results on the pitch. We've lost alot more than we've gained, wasting money on players such as Plessis, Bamogo, Diatta etc. and ruining our credibility in the process.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Wed 11 Apr - 2:01:13

could be worse, could have bates and that fuck wit harvey sorting out yer contracts
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Wed 11 Apr - 2:20:38

LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 wrote:could be worse, could have bates and that fuck wit harvey sorting out yer contracts

True, even i'd choose McKay over bates ffs! Laughing

Mind you, if the choice was going to watch a club run by a partnership of Bates AND McKay... I'd give up football and go support Netball team or something.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Wed 11 Apr - 3:02:05

NO.No.NO.
McKay is not Ilunga's agent and cannot "Make money on him". The only way that would be possible was if DRFC were his parent club, and he was sold on for 500K , then Ryan may (as selling club) give a % to Mckay.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Wed 11 Apr - 3:14:54

Irish Contingent wrote:NO.No.NO.
McKay is not Ilunga's agent and cannot "Make money on him". The only way that would be possible was if DRFC were his parent club, and he was sold on for 500K , then Ryan may (as selling club) give a % to Mckay.

At the time of signing Ilunga McKay said if he got him a move in January then he'd be negotiating WITH WEST HAM his percentage of the transfer money.

he'll receive cuts from Ilunga, Chimbonda and Diouf when they all find a new club. Obviously they are without a club (excluding us) so it'll be from any signing on fee's the players gets from their new club (and be honest, if the go to China or Russia it'll be a lot). Easy money for McKay.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent Majority Wed 11 Apr - 3:58:31

You really haven't got a clue have you.

An agent isn't allowed to represent the club and a player, its one or the other. And he can't represent both clubs either. So because McKay works for the club he can't act as an agent for the player. But what he did say, and what you keep getting wrong is that IF the player was attracted to another club whilst playing for DRFC he would ask for a sell on fee from the parent club, in Ilunga's case that would be West Ham. Seeing as that is not the case with him, or any player then he won't get a penny.

But I still fail to see your argument against McKay, DRFC have been paying agents fees for many years for substandard players, but that's OK? We've been paying Mickey Walker a bundle for acting as Director of Football and he's attracted very little.

Transfers in or out of any club are done by other people than the Manager or owners all the time, but you don't want that for DRFC? Strange. I remember Harry Rednap saying very recently that he's never signed a single player in his career. That's the way football is run.

And all that claptrap you keep spouting on all forums against McKay is wearing a bit thin now. He's actually a very nice guy, even bought all the kids in the hospitality boxes Easter eggs on Monday. He may stay, he may go who knows, but at least he's working to bring better players to the club than anybody else whilst I've been supporting the club, and that's getting on for 50 years now, much longer than your 5 minutes. Football is moving towards a loan system, the days when players are bought cheap, improved whilst they are with you and sold on for a profit are gone.

Silent Majority
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Wed 11 Apr - 4:02:59

tbf we are only doing what every other club does with the loan system except more high profile and with one agent as opposed to numerous
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Wed 11 Apr - 4:19:34

Silent Majority wrote:You really haven't got a clue have you.

An agent isn't allowed to represent the club and a player, its one or the other. And he can't represent both clubs either. So because McKay works for the club he can't act as an agent for the player. But what he did say, and what you keep getting wrong is that IF the player was attracted to another club whilst playing for DRFC he would ask for a sell on fee from the parent club, in Ilunga's case that would be West Ham. Seeing as that is not the case with him, or any player then he won't get a penny.

But I still fail to see your argument against McKay, DRFC have been paying agents fees for many years for substandard players, but that's OK? We've been paying Mickey Walker a bundle for acting as Director of Football and he's attracted very little.

Transfers in or out of any club are done by other people than the Manager or owners all the time, but you don't want that for DRFC? Strange. I remember Harry Rednap saying very recently that he's never signed a single player in his career. That's the way football is run.

And all that claptrap you keep spouting on all forums against McKay is wearing a bit thin now. He's actually a very nice guy, even bought all the kids in the hospitality boxes Easter eggs on Monday. He may stay, he may go who knows, but at least he's working to bring better players to the club than anybody else whilst I've been supporting the club, and that's getting on for 50 years now, much longer than your 5 minutes. Football is moving towards a loan system, the days when players are bought cheap, improved whilst they are with you and sold on for a profit are gone.

So you think McKay wont make a penny from his experiment then? lol! forgive me for thinkiing thats bollox! Ofcourse he's gunna make money from it. What will the club have gained from all this aswell then? Nothing but failure, loss of respect and morals and a lot of pissed off supporter! Bravo!!

the days when players are bought cheap, improved whilst they are with you and sold on for a profit are gone.
Is that true? I think someone should probably tell the rest of the football clubs in the football league then.

Atleast people have been able to watch the mardy git Diouf play when he feels like it though, and atleast a few kids got bought some chocolate, makes it all worthwhile.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent Majority Wed 11 Apr - 4:25:01

You are a numpty. You've just done it again, ignored the facts and spouted your inaccurate opinion again.

Its not my thoughts or my opinion, its the way things are, but seeing as you only deal in opinions then of course its beyond you.

The kids getting chocolate was an example of his character, not a confirmation that the arrangement was worthwhile, but just keep mixing up the argument, after all that's what you deal in.

Silent Majority
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Wed 11 Apr - 4:33:47

So do you care to prove these 'facts' then? I'v said McKay is here for himself and to make money, that is a fact because the great easter egg giving character himself said it.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next